rashad evans discusses the 52 blocks system

Nobody cares what you think though. You seem to have some sort of ego issues, popping up giving unsolicited advice and pseudo wisdom.

You say it is me who is bored yet you inserted yourself into this topic and started a conversation with me and keep it going by consistently quoting me. You yourself could have stopped posting at anytime.......but you dont, guess youre bored eh, you should try to find something constructive to do with your time ;)

You are a total nobody and i have no desire to "prove you wrong", so i will walk away when i choose to and not because i need to prove something to you mr egomaniac

You remind me of arguing with political or theological idealists. You make slanderous childish comments and then proclaim it's the fault of the person you are aggressing towards, because you think you're not getting exactly what you want, as asked, by some one who does not benefit in ANY way from giving it to you. Burly has had numerous seminars, made numerous appearances, any of which you could go to. He makes his schedule public. And one quick search of his name on YouTube can find things you claim to not be able to find.

And yet I asked you for footage of yourself and you didn't even acknowledge it.

You call people egotistical here and yet it's obvious you are a textbook narcissist.

You call people phony with anonymity. Paradoxical.

You seem to be offended by any attention Burly gets, yet your rants in here are like the irritating noise of a tantruming child who did not get enough hugs.

You even referred to a Professional as "garbage" because a thing you saw from your chair wasnt what you wanted.

The solution is simple and obvious. Go to one of Lyte 's appearances, bring a camera. Beat him up and become famous as you seem to desire. Get all your attention through more than bitching on forums and trolling YouTube. Or come to Tocco's in Vegas and I'll arrange for you to spar a garbage fighter Lyte worked with so you can expose this great truth.

Short of that, nothing you do is going to garner you the results you desire.

Last edited:
LOL OMG, ex-cons as a reliable source FTW LOL

Let me address this as well. What makes an EX-con an inherently unreliable person? Shit like this is why people who have "paid their debt" to society have a rough time re-entering, because someone always wants to be a judgmental asshole. Which only steers then right back towards crime.

If you've ever been caught in a lie in your life, I sincerely hope everyone around you wasn't as dickish towards you as this statement.

You remind me of arguing with political or theological idealists. You make slanderous childish comments and then proclaim it's the fault of the person you are aggression towards, because you think you're not getting exactly what you want, as asked, by some one who does not benefit in ANY way from giving it to you. Burly has had numerous seminars, made numerous appearances, any of which you could go to. He makes his schedule public. And one quick search of his name on YouTube can find things you claim to not be able to find.

And yet I asked you for footage of yourself and you didn't even acknowledge it.

You call people egotistical here and yet it's obvious you are a textbook narcissist.

You call people phony with anonymity. Paradoxical.

You seem to be offended by any attention Burly gets, yet your rants in here are like the irritating noise of a tantruming child who did not get enough hugs.

You even referred to a Professional as "garbage" because a thing you saw from your chair wasnt what you wanted.

The solution is simple and obvious. Go to one of Lyte 's appearances, bring a camera. Beat him up and become famous as you seem to desire. Get all your attention through more than bitching on forums and trolling YouTube. Or come to Tocco's in Vegas and I'll arrange for you to spar a garbage fighter Lyte worked with so you can expose this great truth.

Short of that, nothing you do is going to garner you the results you desire.

Dude, your argument holds no weight. What does footage of me training have to do with anything ? I ignored it because it's asinine. I'm not the one on youtube proclaiming to be a master of this amazing defensive art, wearing gloves backwards and doing all dumb shit, and then proving it's effectiveness by sparring at 50% in slow motion vs people who can't punch. My own ability to box or not doesn't make a bit of difference to me pointing this fact out. It's a nice tactic though, instead of showing a sparring video like a normal competent person would, you attempt to spin it around and make it about me which isn't anything to do with the point being raised

I'm a text book narcissist, you're a textbook egotistical person, you're using words you don't even understand in an attempt to come off as superior and more intelligent lol

What is paradoxical about someone who is unknown to you or the person in question calling it fake. How is that a paradox ? Whether I am known to you or not makes zero difference in my ability to raise a valid point.

I'm not upset about the attention Lyte gets infact it's very minimal his videos have very few views in comparison to his peers so your assumption is totally incorrect as usually happens when silly propel assume things

I did indeed refer to the pro as garbage, go and watch the video, if he is a professional boxer then he is a super low level one with less than 5 fights or a journey man paid to get beat up. He is terrible, he's making the same mistakes the novices make, and seems to not understand range and simply keeps spamming the same shot, that is very poor from a supposed pro

The difference between me coming to your gym to spar someone Lyte worked with is that you will tell the guy to take me out. Where as can be seen on your videos the guys with burley have adopted the working at less than 50% sped and power mantra and stopping and starting as Lyte dictates. There was no sparring to be seen. Also I'm from the UK, another silly assumption made by yourself that I am local to either you or him. Therefore doing either of your suggestions is not the "simple and obvious solution". Infact the simple and obvious solution for this, to anyone with a brain is to very simply upload a sparring video. Your limited brain can't grasp that though eh and instead of doing that you write paragraphs of assumption and nonsense, don't show any sparring and instead suggest I fly half way around the world to fight your guys.

What a fool

Dude, your argument holds no weight. What does footage of me training have to do with anything ? I ignored it because it's asinine. I'm not the one on youtube proclaiming to be a master of this amazing defensive art, wearing gloves backwards and doing all dumb shit, and then proving it's effectiveness by sparring at 50% in slow motion vs people who can't punch. My own ability to box or not doesn't make a bit of difference to me pointing this fact out. It's a nice tactic though, instead of showing a sparring video like a normal competent person would, you attempt to spin it around and make it about me which isn't anything to do with the point being raised

I'm a text book narcissist, you're a textbook egotistical person, you're using words you don't even understand in an attempt to come off as superior and more intelligent lol

What is paradoxical about someone who is unknown to you or the person in question calling it fake. How is that a paradox ? Whether I am known to you or not makes zero difference in my ability to raise a valid point.

I'm not upset about the attention Lyte gets infact it's very minimal his videos have very few views in comparison to his peers so your assumption is totally incorrect as usually happens when silly propel assume things

I did indeed refer to the pro as garbage, go and watch the video, if he is a professional boxer then he is a super low level one with less than 5 fights or a journey man paid to get beat up. He is terrible, he's making the same mistakes the novices make, and seems to not understand range and simply keeps spamming the same shot, that is very poor from a supposed pro

The difference between me coming to your gym to spar someone Lyte worked with is that you will tell the guy to take me out. Where as can be seen on your videos the guys with burley have adopted the working at less than 50% sped and power mantra and stopping and starting as Lyte dictates. There was no sparring to be seen. Also I'm from the UK, another silly assumption made by yourself that I am local to either you or him. Therefore doing either of your suggestions is not the "simple and obvious solution". Infact the simple and obvious solution for this, to anyone with a brain is to very simply upload a sparring video. Your limited brain can't grasp that though eh and instead of doing that you write paragraphs of assumption and nonsense, don't show any sparring and instead suggest I fly half way around the world to fight your guys.

What a fool
One thing though. He might not be an incredible high level or ferocious fighter, but it's pretty clear that he knows more than a few tricks and is knowledgeable in the boxing game. His ability to spar and compete with high level guys doesn't really matter one way or the other. I mean, if he can train someone on the same principles he uses, someone perhaps more physical, and they do well then that should support his methods to some extent.

I'm with you that the lingo and a few of the forms and blocks look far fetched, but I think you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater a little bit.

Last edited:
So everyone, let's recap:

- has no footage of any expertise on martial arts yet qualified to judge a guy who basically tours the U.S. to train and learn.

- is never at fault, everyone else is merely too stupid to comprehend him

- responds to questioning or opposition with juvenile condescending notions.

- is somehow completely unable to make a physical appearance anywhere, has been told Burly travels and is bound to be within driving distance.

- criticizes Burly for not sparring hard, is afraid of my fighters going hard.

Yeah, this is the realest mufucka on the Internet here. Lol

Just because someone makes something sound good, doesnt mean it is actually good

The proof is in the pudding

He provides no proof, EVER

Ive called him out a few times on this and he just says im a hater etc and tries name calling. All i ask is a simple video of him actually sparring, i dont see why he gets so upset about it
yeah but bro, there isnt any footage of Angelo Dundee fighting, so does that mean he wasnt a good trainer?

yeah but bro, there isnt any footage of Angelo Dundee fighting, so does that mean he wasnt a good trainer?

This doesnt work as Angelo dundee produced multiple world champions vs the person you are comparing him to who has produced zero champions at any level. Plus apparently the people in his videos who he spars in slow motion with are his students, and they are diabolical, zero skill what so ever

You shouldnt compare him to someone like that as Angelo was training people in a legit proven art, this guy is training people in an unproven art, (hence me being curious to see it proven) he should be more compared to those guys on youtube who knocks there students down by touching them and use force fields to avoid being hit etc. That is a better comparison as youre comparing two things that are unproven and are only "proven" by selective sparring with students

So everyone, let's recap:

- has no footage of any expertise on martial arts yet qualified to judge a guy who basically tours the U.S. to train and learn.

- is never at fault, everyone else is merely too stupid to comprehend him

- responds to questioning or opposition with juvenile condescending notions.

- is somehow completely unable to make a physical appearance anywhere, has been told Burly travels and is bound to be within driving distance.

- criticizes Burly for not sparring hard, is afraid of my fighters going hard.

Yeah, this is the realest mufucka on the Internet here. Lol

This list is totally lacking sense, you honestly seem too dumb to comprehend my points

Youre either intentionally missing them or you have taken too many head shots

Either way your responses are no longer required here as they arent on topic and are set in making excuses or attempting to change the subject

Last edited:
One thing though. He might not be an incredible high level or ferocious fighter, but it's pretty clear that he knows more than a few tricks and is knowledgeable in the boxing game. His ability to spar and compete with high level guys doesn't really matter one way or the other. I mean, if he can train someone on the same principles he uses, someone perhaps more physical, and they do well then that should support his methods to some extent.

I'm with you that the lingo and a few of the forms and blocks look far fetched, but I think you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater a little bit.

Yeah he does have some "tricks" but thats about it, he knows a few tricks, that may or may not work in a real situation, which is why im curious to watch him apply them against someone who is actually able to throw a punch

He hasnt trained anybody to a high level though, his students on his channel are shockingly bad

We are basically in agreement though as you have said

Here is a video of him and a student of his

The student has zero knowledge of how to throw a punch, falls in, and doesnt understand distance what so ever. Every block here is not needed as burley could simply stand with his chin up and hands down and still be safe as no punches will land as the guy isnt even in range. As to the blocks themselves he is committing the cardinal sin of reaching out to meet the punches which would get him KOd quick by anyone remotely competent thereby rendering them useless

Seiously just look at where those punches are landing, they end in a no mans land so far away from actually being able to hit burley, the student throwing has his feet totally rooted to the floor and still isnt capable of not falling over off balance, to which burley sees as some kind of victory and claims it to be thanks to his own positioning rather than the total lack of any skill or knowledge of his student.

Last edited:
This doesnt work as Angelo dundee produced multiple world champions vs the person you are comparing him to who has produced zero champions at any level. Plus apparently the people in his videos who he spars in slow motion with are his students, and they are diabolical, zero skill what so ever

You shouldnt compare him to someone like that as Angelo was training people in a legit proven art, this guy is training people in an unproven art, (hence me being curious to see it proven) he should be more compared to those guys on youtube who knocks there students down by touching them and use force fields to avoid being hit etc. That is a better comparison as youre comparing two things that are unproven and are only "proven" by selective sparring with students
i thought some of his guys won the golden gloves?

i thought some of his guys won the golden gloves?

You think that based on what ?

Even if its true which is HIGHLY doubt, he will be using people who are trained boxers under other people who happened to have had a couple of sessions of his 52 blocks in their life and decided to claim them as "his guys"

Believe what you see with your own eyes, go on his channel and watch the people he spars, they are his students, they wouldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag let alone win a boxing match and damn certainly wouldnt win the golden gloves

You think that based on what ?

Even if its true which is HIGHLY doubt, he will be using people who are trained boxers under other people who happened to have had a couple of sessions of his 52 blocks in their life and decided to claim them as "his guys"

Believe what you see with your own eyes, go on his channel and watch the people he spars, they are his students, they wouldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag let alone win a boxing match and damn certainly wouldnt win the golden gloves
one of the other posters said so earlier in the thread. maybe sinister knows something to that effect and thats why he defends the guy. I doubt he would throw his support behind someone just because of affection or something.

one of the other posters said so earlier in the thread. maybe sinister knows something to that effect and thats why he defends the guy. I doubt he would throw his support behind someone just because of affection or something.

Again, believe what you see, not what someone on the internet tells you

Sinisters reason for defending him is simple, he brought him down to "teach" his guys some stuff. In essence he fell for all the flashy blocks and stuff he seen this guy do

So by me calling this burley a fraud it in effect is mocking sinister as he believed in the fraud and brought him down. Which then calls Sinisters judgement into question. Thats why he is taking this personally and defending him to the end

Again, believe what you see, not what someone on the internet tells you

Sinisters reason for defending him is simple, he brought him down to "teach" his guys some stuff. In essence he fell for all the flashy blocks and stuff he seen this guy do

So by me calling this burley a fraud it in effect is mocking sinister as he believed in the fraud and brought him down. Which then calls Sinisters judgement into question. Thats why he is taking this personally and defending him to the end
sinisters students are very good. Don't you think it would be a bit odd for him to not spot bullshido?

I can't write this dude off without knowing much about him but I do agree that his training videos aren't great.

sinisters students are very good. Don't you think it would be a bit odd for him to not spot bullshido?

You cannot convince a narcissist that they are mistaken. Ever seen Dogma? How they stated that undoing the will of God would undo reality. Well that's how narcissistic people view their opinion. This guy has already made up his alternate reality where I, a credible trainer in a credible gym, with a solid reputation and much evidence to back that, somehow know less and am less intelligent than some Internet troll who has yet to reveal their identity or fighting prowess.

That should give you an inclination of the level of mental illness narcissistic people can suffer from. This guy rivals Charlie Zelenoff when it comes to warped clouded perspectives. The only difference between the two is that Charlie actually has the balls to show up at gyms and try this shit in person.

Charlie Z. > this guy

Let me address this as well. What makes an EX-con an inherently unreliable person? Shit like this is why people who have "paid their debt" to society have a rough time re-entering, because someone always wants to be a judgmental asshole. Which only steers then right back towards crime.

If you've ever been caught in a lie in your life, I sincerely hope everyone around you wasn't as dickish towards you as this statement.

If there is anything an ex-con, or con can be reliable in, is H2H. Now not every convict has experienced it, but anyone who has is probably better than even civilians that live vicariously through MAs.

If there is anything an ex-con, or con can be reliable in, is H2H. Now not every convict has experienced it, but anyone who has is probably better than even civilians that live vicariously through MAs.

Yes. In jail if you can't fight you end up someone's bitch. And if you can fight you sometimes end up shanked.

They're not very good. They are good though. I do find it slightly odd that he fell for this guy but sinister isn't the smartest of people now is he

Back