rashad evans discusses the 52 blocks system | Page 4

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by devante, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    Its always what he does "light" sparring at 50% speed and no power

Literally pointless and doesnt prove his system in the slightest

2. Sinister Doctor of Doom

Sinister
    As mentioned in your trolling of the video on my YouTube page, Burly has earned his respect in our gym, which is a very credible one. And when I gave you an insight as to this, you responded in a childish and slanderous manner where I don't think I've ever heard your name come out of his mouth. Likely because he didn't know it, but never mentioned this harbinger of truth on the Internet, referring to you by any of your usernames.

I've been involved in Boxing in Vegas for over a decade, know pretty much everyone there is to know. Burly is willing to walk the walk, he's not a bunch of tough talk on the Internet. He's been to our gym numerous times, and a guy like Wilson Pitts has vouched for him. You can think whatever you want about the mechanics of the system itself, that's subjective. There are boxers who hate certain styles of boxing for whatever reason. But your ad-hominem argument is the real waste of time here.

Reyesnuthugr and Fire of Youth like this.
  3. zapataxiv Brown Belt

zapataxiv
    i don't know about that, he does have a lot of ideas and a lot of good reasoning behind them. Listening to him talk about his system on the Toccos video the guy does have a good brain for boxing and its history.
    Late himself might not be a fighter himself but that docent really mean he couldn't be able to be a good coach or teacher.

4. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    Just because someone makes something sound good, doesnt mean it is actually good

The proof is in the pudding

He provides no proof, EVER

Ive called him out a few times on this and he just says im a hater etc and tries name calling. All i ask is a simple video of him actually sparring, i dont see why he gets so upset about it

5. MadSquabbles500 Gold Belt

MadSquabbles500
    In TKD they have a similar block against round house but they cover length of body with it. The lead elbow though stays down, and the hand stays down protecting the lower torso, and the rear hand goes across face.

This skull and bones is like a high philly shell though.\

Jimmy Jazz likes this.
  6. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    There is no arguement

I simply asked for an actual sparring video

Surely to god there must be one if he goes to all these gyms doing bits

Every video on his channel is in slow motion vs women r people who cant box

Ive just been looking at it again because this thread reminded me, he has upload a video "sparring with a pro boxer" which is actually a massive step up from his usual level of opposition. The "pro boxer"is trash though, theyre moving in slow motion, using less than 50% power and as soon as the guy mixes it up from spamming jabs from outside of distance and throws a hook he lands cleanly, and then lute quits and decides its his turn to go on offense and the other guy must now defend

His constant refusal to upload an actual sparring video says it all tbh

7. Bekim Blue Belt

Bekim
    I think you would find fault, with, whatever you are given.

Your perception appears very narrow, if you don't like what you see and it does not fit into your constrained world, you don't need to try and destroy it, it will not validate your existence.

A man should never seek to destroy that which he does not understand, it is the path of fear and shows a lacking in his character, formed of insecurity..........

Sinister likes this.
  8. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    Lol wow, give it a rest pal

Listen, the way any martial art is tested to be legit or bullshit is through sparring or fighting

This guy constantly uploads videos promoting his system, and his attemots to show it as effective are through "sparring" at less than half speed and power against people who have no idea how to even throw a punch. So dont try and shit on me for asking him for an actual sparring video. What exactly is the problem with that ?

You sound uneducated

9. Bekim Blue Belt

Bekim
    So, you continue to pester someone for a sparring video and like I said, it's my opinion that whatever you are provided with will only be used to validate your own beliefs.

I really don't understand what personal vendetta you have against the person developing this system but chasing him across the net, is a bit insecure and childish.

10. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    Well duh ! thats why i am asking him for a video, to either validate that i am correct or prove i am incorrect, thats the whole point of me asking. Can you understand that ?

To say im chasing him over the net is abit of a wild leap. Makes it sounds as if im putting in vast effort in order to do something, in reality i will occasionally click a couple of buttons which takes less than 5 seconds and have a look to see if the guy has actually uploaded a real sparring video, its literally no effort on my part.

Whats the problem ?

11. Bekim Blue Belt

Bekim
    So you have asked on numerous occasions for a video of "hard" sparring and to this day you have not received it?

Don't you think your flogging a dead horse?? Your not getting what you ask for and no matter what you do it does not seem like your going to get it.........

Maybe it's time to stop asking............maybe he will upload one in his own time and does not want or need you to validate this system.......

12. Bekim Blue Belt

Bekim
    Davem10, I am not aware of your background but I am just going to take this giant leap into the dark, please feel free to correct me, if I get it wrong. I mean no offense.........

The gentleman that is moving the system known as 52 blocks, forward, has the validation of people that are far more experienced and knowledgeable in fighting systems than yourself, would you say this was a correct statement?

13. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    Youre reading too much into this and i dont even know why you are getting involved. I have probably asked him to see a sparring video two times in my entire life, hardly a lot is it. It has been brought up again because this topic was at the top of the striking forum when i entered it so i decided to post my thoughts on it.

The dude has been on youtube for 10 years and hasnt uploaded one sparring video, yet goes around proclaiming to be a master. I dont think its unfair for me to have asked him for a sparring video. As ive said, the fact he cant and wont upload a single sparring video tells everyone everything they need to know about the "master"

14. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    If by people you are referring to the singular person of sinister, then yes, he is the sole person of experience who doesnt shit on it

15. Bekim Blue Belt

Bekim
    Then move along and be at peace, I'm sure you have better things to be doing........

16. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    Thats quite paradoxical telling me to move along when the only reason im being this active in this thread is because you keep quoting me. If you were to take your own advice, instead of dishing it out to others, you would get the desired result of me no longer posting in here

Sano likes this.
  17. Bekim Blue Belt

Bekim
    And I think your bored and should find something constructive to do with your time but I know your going to reply to this because you need to have the last word..........

You cannot walk away, prove me wrong, don't reply to the post, for once in your life stop being "that guy"..........

18. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    Nobody cares what you think though. You seem to have some sort of ego issues, popping up giving unsolicited advice and pseudo wisdom.

You say it is me who is bored yet you inserted yourself into this topic and started a conversation with me and keep it going by consistently quoting me. You yourself could have stopped posting at anytime.......but you dont, guess youre bored eh, you should try to find something constructive to do with your time ;)

You are a total nobody and i have no desire to "prove you wrong", so i will walk away when i choose to and not because i need to prove something to you mr egomaniac

19. devante Silver Belt

devante
    I DUNNO about lyte but i know a few of his guys have fought and won golden glove tourneys...guys he built from the ground up... which shows he knows what he is doing..knows how to develop guys

Reyesnuthugr likes this.
  20. Sano Brown Belt

Sano
    He did upload this one:

Looking at his videos I think it's pretty clear he's a good martial artist, and a decent boxer. I mean, he's using a lot of boxing fundamentals and then mixing in a bit of wing chun, kung fu forms and high guard and elbow blocks.

I agree with you that the attitude surrounding it, including the glove thing, is a little "too cool for school" and gimmicky. Looking at it objectively the "system" seems to have a few cools things in it though, at least potentially.

Cross armed blocks, monkey defense, the shell, elbow blocks, karate blocks, so on, it's been done, and has worked very well in some cases.

What I like about it is that 1) It seems the blocks and movements comes with a lot of shifting of weight and changing stance which opens up and loads a lot of punches automaticly. 2) It seems like a good way to distract your opponent, giving different looks and use feints with it, 3) it teaches a greater variety of blocks, 4) It keeps you constantly moving and loose and opens up more angles (nice and flowy).

What I don't like about it is that it seems a little overdone to the point of becoming theatrical and the movements are a little too deliberate and kung fu like sometimes. More importantly, without good boxing skills you'll end up looking like an idiot getting tagged.

I'm sure there's some stuff you could take away from it. If it's an addon to your boxing, like other forms of high elbow blocks, parries, feints, handtrapping or whatever. I'd like to learn more about that stuff in general, so it's interesting.

Again, I get your point with the "52 blocks from the street", and "master" thing.

Davem10 likes this.