Rant: Sick of NPR's race and gender obsession

1 My point is those people who would gang up on people based on race are the problem, whether that's black white or whatever. I've been to downtown philly and it definitely is a mess. I didn't feel in danger there just because I was white, maybe if I looked like I had money, I'd be concerned because it's an economically depressed area with a lot of crime, not because black people live there.

My Grandfather was born in North Philly when it was safe before African Americans migrated there and white flight happened.

So i know for a fact you're being intellectually dishonest about the current situation in Philly and straight up lying on the internet.

Here is the real reason Philly is the way it is now.....culture.

You don't think 130 million Japanese living on a tiny island that is subject to a human catastrophe at any moment, is enough? You ever been to a Japanese city? You seriously think more people is what they need?

This doesn't look crowded enough for you?

Tokyo-Shibuya-Crossing.jpg

stock-photo-tokyo-april-people-mostly-youngsters-walk-through-takeshita-dori-near-harajuku-train-113994826.jpg

TokyoPeople.png

Perhaps there is a point where we must acknowledge that enough is enough, that not all "economic growth" is worth the compromise. If we aspire to "grow" forever, we will eventually reach a point where this growth cannot be sustained. Where the value of human life and the worth of our principles will decrease as we become more and more replaceable by any "global citizen" of the world, willing to take our place, without any ties to the land that they occupy, nor any appreciation for its distinct culture, developed throughout the centuries.

There are 320 million people in the United States. When America first began its open-door policy, there were less than 100 million. Times have changed since then. Some 250 million people after, you'd think there's a time to re-evaluate whether it is truly necessary to continuously haul in millions of people to America, every year. Perhaps it is time to close the books for a while, and figure out how to make life better for the ones you've already got.

@Lead just to clarify, do you think the Japanese being responsible about not having more kids than they can feed as a bad thing?

There are people starving to death in Somalia literally, so do you see high African birthrates as a good thing?

20 million in Somalia, South Sudan, Nigeria, and Yemen face starvation

http://www.vox.com/2017/3/27/15055226/vox-sentences-starvation-somalia-south-sudan-nigeria-yemen

@Lead just to clarify, do you think the Japanese being responsible about not having more kids than they can feed as a bad thing?

There are people starving to death in Somalia literally, so do you see high African birthrates as a good thing?

20 million in Somalia, South Sudan, Nigeria, and Yemen face starvation

http://www.vox.com/2017/3/27/15055226/vox-sentences-starvation-somalia-south-sudan-nigeria-yemen

It's not a problem, we just need to haul them over here so that we too, can eventually enjoy the luxury of starvation.

You'd think Californians, atleast, would take the freakin' hint as they have been literally suffering from a drought. A drought in 2010's, folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_in_California#Predicted_need_for_increased_water_supplies

You don't think 130 million Japanese living on a tiny island that is subject to a human catastrophe at any moment, is enough? You ever been to a Japanese city? You seriously think more people is what they need?

Japan's population density is more than 10 times what the U.S.'s is. They could still do fine with more, but if your argument is that their demographic problems are unavoidable or the least-bad option, you can still acknowledge major downsides to the aging, and you can't argue that America is in the same boat.

So that's another manifestation of the problem I mentioned--the international right trying to apply a one-size-fits-all globalist prescription to America, which is in a very different situation.

Japan's population density is more than 10 times what the U.S.'s is. They could still do fine with more, but if your argument is that their demographic problems are unavoidable or the least-bad option, you can still acknowledge major downsides to the aging, and you can't argue that America is in the same boat.

So that's another manifestation of the problem I mentioned--the international right trying to apply a one-size-fits-all globalist prescription to America, which is in a very different situation.

U.S. immigrants are going to spread to an area, no greater than the size of Japan. Urban centers will become more and more over-populated as a result.

None of the immigrants, or almost none, settle to rural areas, nor the smaller towns and cities. Atleast not unless there's a policy which would require them to. Therefore America's situation is not much different from say, a China (where the major cities are massively over-populated and polluted). Not at that level, but it serves as a warning example.

There's a major down-side to aging but that's the price we have to pay for baby-boomers going overboard post-World War II, and millenials not pro-creating. Those problems shouldn't be solved with temporary band-aid fixes, such as mass immigration. We have to take action to increase birth rates for native populations. If even Vladimir Putin successfully managed to achieve the feat, post-Soviet collapse, then we in the West truly have no excuses.

U.S. immigrants are going to spread to an area, no greater than the size of Japan. Urban centers will become more and more over-populated as a result.

Urban centers in the U.S. are not overpopulated, and if their population rises relative to the rest of the country's, that's even more positive for economic growth.

None of the immigrants, or almost none, settle to rural areas, nor the smaller towns and cities.

Zero? What do you know about this? And anyway, another possibility is a kind of Phoenix situation, where the urban center just extends out.

There's a major down-side to aging but that's the price we have to pay for baby-boomers going overboard post-World War II, and millenials not pro-creating. Those problems shouldn't be solved with temporary band-aid fixes, such as mass immigration.

"This economy-boosting approach might stop working in a few generations so let's not employ it now." Is that a consistent principle or just a rationalization?

There's a major down-side to aging but that's the price we have to pay for baby-boomers going overboard post-World War II, and millenials not pro-creating. Those problems shouldn't be solved with temporary band-aid fixes, such as mass immigration. We have to take action to increase birth rates for native populations. If even Vladimir Putin successfully managed to achieve the feat, post-Soviet collapse, then we in the West truly have no excuses.

The Israelis have managed this as well.

A good start might be SS for the kids like Jack has proposed, and banning abortion and closing of immigration, to relieve some pressure on housing prices.

Urban centers in the U.S. are not overpopulated, and if their population rises relative to the rest of the country's, that's even more positive for economic growth.

They're not overpopulated, yet. However, it's not truly the urban centers which receive this population boost, but the poverty-stricken areas around it. If you want favelas of your own, then mass immigration is a good way to end up with such multi-cultural centers of enriching diversity.

Zero? What do you know about this? And anyway, another possibility is a kind of Phoenix situation, where the urban center just extends out.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/09/us-metro-areas-unauthorized-immigrants/

Extends out, like this?

detroit_downtown_wide-8014894df3515227478a8e2ba470047a8b3cdf0b-s800-c85.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/01/suburbs-and-the-new-american-poverty/384259/

http://time.com/3060122/poverty-america-suburbs-brookings/

"This economy-boosting approach might stop working in a few generations so let's not employ it now." Is that a consistent principle or just a rationalization?

Who do you think is receiving this "boost"? The working-class people, whose wages and living standards have stagnated for decades, who are now being replaced by automation, immigrant labour and off-shoring of jobs to 3rd world countries, or the richest part of the population?

If you cannot see the writing on the wall, then well, there's not much that can be said about it. I expect a heroin addict to make similar arguments. As long as there's one last high left, it's all good.

I prefer, personally, to come up with an alternative approach to replace an unsustainable method of achieving economic growth, before it becomes obsolete. But you can ride this immigration train until the end, see where it leaves you.

it is a shame what we've devolved too in the US in terms of political discourse

but the left has to pander to minorities and the poor somehow, and it clearly can't be off the basis of their actual achievements b/c they don't actually help those people.....

@Lead please be honest about the situation in Philly.

?

I stand by what I said. I've been to downtown philly and it was a very unsafe place. There's a lot of poverty there. If you mean be honest in claiming I was in more danger because I was white compared to looking like someone who may of had something of value to rob, then no, I won't do that because I didn't have that individual experience while I was there.

NOPE!! today's lineup: gender, race, gender, race, race, race, gender.

Dude... Why do you hate ___ people? Why do you want to erase the lived experience of ____? Your privilege is showing.

Define overpopulation of urban centers. You know as well as I do that for 200 years the populations of cities has been exploding.

Is your definition how many people you can physically fit into a city? Because going by your posts that seems to be your argument.

Yeah, Japan could do with more population density:
6a00d8341c68f553ef0133ece4c0bb970b.jpg

im sick of red ice and their obsession with race and gender

im sick of stormfront radio and their obsession with race and gender

im sick of every popular right wing youtube "celebrity" who vlogs about race and gender

do you make threads about these outlets too?...nah....

its like in the comments section of TYT, people complain its too biased...i wonder if these same folks run to red ice and say the same.....

only the left are biased...never the right....

I don't listen to Red Ice, Stormfront Radio, or fox news. If I did, I would also bitch about them talking non stop about race and gender. I'm sick of hearing about it from all sides.

The difference is that NPR has been my go to radio network for years for semi-centrist and balanced views and news. It is no longer that. It has become a full blown propaganda arm of the DNC.

Who do you think is receiving this "boost"? The working-class people, whose wages and living standards have stagnated for decades, who are now being replaced by automation, immigrant labour and off-shoring of jobs to 3rd world countries, or the richest part of the population?

Yes, working-class people receive a lot of the boost. I certainly share your implied (but questionably sincere) concern regarding capital receiving a larger share of income and lower-class wages, though your diagnosis is sorely lacking. Particularly beneficial to working-class Americans would be increasing high-skill immigration and student immigration.

If you cannot see the writing on the wall, then well, there's not much that can be said about it. I expect a heroin addict to make similar arguments. As long as there's one last high left, it's all good.

I expect a crack addict to take the argument approach you have (dismissing superior arguments in favor of the whole "if you can't agree with my false claims, there's nothing I can say").

I prefer, personally, to come up with an alternative approach to replace an unsustainable method of achieving economic growth, before it becomes obsolete. But you can ride this immigration train until the end, see where it leaves you.

There's no reason to limit it. There are lots of things we can do to improve the quality of life for Americans, immigration being only one small part of it. You're trying to paint it as a kind of single-issue thing, and you haven't even really asked about what my view on that issue is. I've simply pointed out that it would be stupid of us to bring about a demographic crisis like Japan has for no reason at all. In general, the alt right (and you included) don't seem to understand the differences between America and other countries and thus make arguments that simply don't apply to us. We're not as dense as Japan, we don't have the assimilation problems that a lot of European countries have, etc.

If you want a broader program, I'm fine with talking about one, but it's entirely separate from the issue. Plus, it's highly disingenuous for supporters of the right to even discuss this stuff, when the right-wing party in America is almost exclusively focused on cutting benefits for the non-rich to pay for tax cuts for the rich and on removing protections for workers, consumers, and the environment.

I don't listen to Red Ice, Stormfront Radio, or fox news. If I did, I would also bitch about them talking non stop about race and gender. I'm sick of hearing about it from all sides.

The difference is that NPR has been my go to radio network for years for semi-centrist and balanced views and news. It is no longer that. It has become a full blown propaganda arm of the DNC.

Not really related, but it's weird how nutters have recently started using "the DNC" to mean liberals or Democrats in general.

Yes, working-class people receive a lot of the boost. I certainly share your implied (but questionably sincere) concern regarding capital receiving a larger share of income and lower-class wages, though your diagnosis is sorely lacking. Particularly beneficial to working-class Americans would be increasing high-skill immigration and student immigration.

I expect a crack addict to take the argument approach you have (dismissing superior arguments in favor of the whole "if you can't agree with my false claims, there's nothing I can say").

There's no reason to limit it. There are lots of things we can do to improve the quality of life for Americans, immigration being only one small part of it. You're trying to paint it as a kind of single-issue thing, and you haven't even really asked about what my view on that issue is. I've simply pointed out that it would be stupid of us to bring about a demographic crisis like Japan has for no reason at all. In general, the alt right (and you included) don't seem to understand the differences between America and other countries and thus make arguments that simply don't apply to us. We're not as dense as Japan, we don't have the assimilation problems that a lot of European countries have, etc.

If you want a broader program, I'm fine with talking about one, but it's entirely separate from the issue. Plus, it's highly disingenuous for supporters of the right to even discuss this stuff, when the right-wing party in America is almost exclusively focused on cutting benefits for the non-rich to pay for tax cuts for the rich and on removing protections for workers, consumers, and the environment.

Not really related, but it's weird how nutters have recently started using "the DNC" to mean liberals or Democrats in general.

I am speaking specifically about the DNC. But I know what you're saying.

i can understand something you enjoyed for so long got spoiled in your eyes, but just like a screaming teenager whos sitcom finally ended...you gotta realize things change...staff change....the world changes..

fools get too comfortable with things in life and expect them to last forever.

one day your body will change and it will die....deal with it...

NPR always has some stupid story about some lady who sells beans on the streets of venezuela and how she is a classical pianist and bla bla, it is such shit lol

Back