Rant: Sick of NPR's race and gender obsession

Nice to be privileged and not have to worry about race or gender.
f0WYTpc.jpg

This is how I feel when I finally leave the WR. Some people are way to obsessed with only talking about this and only think through this lense
Once you begin to see things through the perspective of natural selection in the realm of our own species, the tribalist nature of humanity becomes apparent. It is no different than watching bacteria compete for survival on an agar plate.

It's like Pandora's box, you can't unsee it. You've "eaten of the forbidden fruit". I remember when it all clicked for me, the BLM riots were like 20 miles down the street.

Self-preservation is the only thing that matters.

Last edited:
The idea that people are equal sounds comforting, but unfortunately it is an idea that is in conflict with reality.

The idea that people are equal sounds comforting, but unfortunately it is an idea that is in conflict with reality.
Not only that, but it's immoral and inherently toxic. People try to compete and when they can't succeed due to inadequate innate ability, instead of moving on to another discipline that they might succeed in they blame the establishment.

Stopped listening to NPR last year for the same reasons. I listen to podcasts or audio books. I get enough identity politics from the MSM, i don't need any on my commute.

This exactly.

Once you begin to see things through the perspective of natural selection in the realm of our own species, the tribalist nature of humanity becomes apparent. It is no different than watching bacteria compete for survival on an agar plate.

It's like Pandora's box, you can't unsee it. You've "eaten of the forbidden fruit". I remember when it all clicked for me, the BLM riots were like 20 miles down the street.

Self-preservation is the only thing that matters.

Or we are all human beings and could get a lot more done if we focused on something more constructive.

Or we are all human beings and could get a lot more done if we focused on something more constructive.
If we weren't so divided (i.e. multicultural), then sure! But when you build a society that is inherently divided along many fronts, unity is impossible. The fact that we can't unify is why progress is impeded. Instead of focusing on things we love or being productive, we are forced to struggle for acquisition of power and defend our right to survival.

Watch the homogenous Asian societies show why our multicultural society is a poor model over the next 30-50 years. While we are bickering over identity politics (and yes, it would be nice if we could get rid of that, but that isn't going to be a possibility in a democracy like ours) and falling into insurmountable debt, they are making real progress. And even more telling, look at the crime rate in Iceland or number of terrorist attacks in Japan.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25201471

They literally live in a land where you can walk up to a stranger in a city and ask for a ride without fear for their safety.

If we weren't so divided (i.e. multicultural), then sure! But when you build a society that is inherently divided along many fronts, unity is impossible. The fact that we can't unify is why progress is impeded. Instead of focusing on things we love or being productive, we are forced to struggle for acquisition of power and defend our right to survival.

Watch the homogenous Asian societies show why our multicultural society is a poor model over the next 30-50 years. While we are bickering over identity politics (and yes, it would be nice if we could get rid of that, but that isn't going to be a possibility in a democracy like ours) and falling into insurmountable debt, they are making real progress.

Your first paragraph agrees with my point. The problem are the people who make race/ identity politics the central issues, whether they are liberal or conservative. Those people are the problem, not any specific race.

What Asian country are you using for your country? Cause I would argue Japan is about to collapse inward because of those practices. They actually are a great example because of how far they are on the other spectrum. I'd take the US over Japan if we are considering current immigration policy and long term effects.

1. Your first paragraph agrees with my point. The problem are the people who make race/ identity politics the central issues, whether they are liberal or conservative. Those people are the problem, not any specific race.

2. What Asian country are you using for your country? Cause I would argue Japan is about to collapse inward because of those practices. They actually are a great example because of how far they are on the other spectrum. I'd take the US over Japan if we are considering current immigration policy and long term effects.
1. And these people will always be the majority because the masses are not the intellectuals. When the intellectuals realize this will always be the case, then we can have an honest conversation why our society is destined to fail and hopefully take the correct measures to prevent the fall.

Hey it wasn't that long ago (and I'm sure you remember) I was arguing from your point of view!

2. I was thinking China when I wrote that. Let's keep an eye out on Japan, I disagree with you. Willing to bet the United States falls before Japan does.

1. And these people will always be the majority because the masses are not the intellectuals. When the intellectuals realize this will always be the case, then we can have an honest conversation why our society is destined to fail and hopefully take the correct measures to prevent the fall.

Hey it wasn't that long ago (and I'm sure you remember) I was arguing from your point of view!

2. I was thinking China when I wrote that. Let's keep an eye out on Japan, I disagree with you. Willing to bet the United States falls before Japan does.

1. I tend to think they aren't the majority. Just that the ones who are yell about it nonstop and the ones who don't care don't talk about it and live their lives. Division is easier to stir than unity in any case.

I don't remember us holding the same views.

2. China is harder to compare because of the difference in government. If we are choosing which country is better right now, I'd still say the US here. How are we able to provide far more freedoms here in comparison with such a hard burden of not being homogeneous? But again, I don't think China is a great example because of clear difference that may have nothing to do with what we are discussing. I don't know if Japan or the US will fall first but that doesn't really answer which is prospering and handling their issues better at the time. Japan isn't doing that and one of their biggest problems is the point you are praising as the answer to healing a society.

1. I tend to think they aren't the majority. Just that the ones who are yell about it nonstop and the ones who don't care don't talk about it and live their lives. Division is easier to stir than unity in any case.

I don't remember us holding the same views.

2. China is harder to compare because of the difference in government. If we are choosing which country is better right now, I'd still say the US here. How are we able to provide far more freedoms here in comparison with such a hard burden of not being homogeneous? But again, I don't think China is a great example because of clear difference that may have nothing to do with what we are discussing. I don't know if Japan or the US will fall first but that doesn't really answer which is prospering and handling their issues better at the time. Japan isn't doing that and one of their biggest problems is the point you are praising as the answer to healing a society.
1. I think something like 90% of black people support BLM. Aside from things like that, I don't have a way to provide any evidence one way or another, but we can agree to disagree.

You don't remember me complaining about identity politics? It really wasn't that long ago. I think I was radicalized less than a year ago. Shit! I was a Ben Carson supporter this time last year!

2. Ah! I see. We have a fundamental difference about what the purpose of government is for! I don't think it's about prosperity for the here and now. That's the problem with democracies, completely concerned with how does this effect us right now. There is no consideration given on what will the future look like for their children or grandchildren or even progeny 200 years for now. It's all about getting reelected.

1. I think something like 90% of black people support BLM. Aside from things like that, I don't have a way to provide any evidence one way or another, but we can agree to disagree.

You don't remember me complaining about identity politics? It really wasn't that long ago. I think I was radicalized less than a year ago.

2. Ah! I see. We have a fundamental difference about what the purpose of government is for! I don't think it's about prosperity for the here and now. That's the problem with democracies, completely concerned with how does this effect us right now. There is no consideration given on what will the future look like for their children or grandchildren or even progeny 200 years for now. It's all about getting reelected.

That term is very broad and the goals of the movement is arguable from person to person. The majority of those people imo would have a far more reasonable and similar view to the average American in what should be done. the media has accomplished its goal in making this divisiveness. As much as I don't like to point the finger, I truly believe some liberals, especially those in the media want to relive the 70s because there was far more to fight for then and it helps them politically. They choose to try to go back to that at the cost of alienating an entire group of Americans and forcing an emotional response on them.

2. No I wasn't trying to narrow it to just the present. If we look at long term with government specifically, I still think the US has far better institutions in place than China or Japan. China is in a much scary position long term if we are talking about that. They are slowly bringing their people out of poverty however they have a deadline in accomplishing that because of the aging population. The longer time goes on, the more expectations their people are going to hve with their rights and representation. We already are at the stage China wishes to reach.

1. That term is very broad and the goals of the movement is arguable from person to person. The majority of those people imo would have a far more reasonable and similar view to the average American in what should be done. the media has accomplished its goal in making this divisiveness. As much as I don't like to point the finger, I truly believe some liberals, especially those in the media want to relive the 70s because there was far more to fight for then and it helps them politically. They choose to try to go back to that at the cost of alienating an entire group of Americans and forcing an emotional response on them.

2. No I wasn't trying to narrow it to just the present. If we look at long term with government specifically, I still think the US has far better institutions in place than China or Japan. China is in a much scary position long term if we are talking about that. They are slowly bringing their people out of poverty however they have a deadline in accomplishing that because of the aging population. The longer time goes on, the more expectations their people are going to hve with their rights and representation. We already are at the stage China wishes to reach.
1. Easy to say that when there aren't hundreds of people a few miles from you ganging up on people because they are a different race than you are.

You're near Pittsburgh? Go walk down the streets in the ghettos of Philadelphia as a white minority, there are places in America where it's entirely unsafe to even exist as a white person. White people must awaken to the fact that this must be avoided at all costs or their distant progeny (three generations) will find themselves unwelcome in their own land that their forefathers conquered merely based on their race. Unfortunately white people seem to hold on to their ideological leanings until they experience this shit firsthand and seem to be unable to extrapolate the current trends 100-200 years down the line.

Politics is a tribal construct, the ideologies are merely tools for advancing goals of certain tribes. I used to believe in that American individualism bullshit too. I was after-all a libertarian for the majority of my adult life.

2. Institutions for who? For foreign exchange students, for international capitalists etc. or for the common folk? The institutions have failed the people, but the institutions are quite remarkable at serving the institutions. On that much I will agree, it all depends on your perspective.

Yesterday they did like a 5 minute story on a new movie by an Israeli Arab. Things NPR mentioned about the movie: The main characters are three women in a patriarchal society, the women's race, and one of the women is gay. The "news" story was an identity politics triple crown.

Being more disciplined, more motivated, better workout routines, nutrition, spiritual practices. What do you think I mean?

I dunno, positive disintegration, spiritual advancement, nervous system calibration.

That term is very broad and the goals of the movement is arguable from person to person. The majority of those people imo would have a far more reasonable and similar view to the average American in what should be done.

Of course. Among WR racists, BLM is some kind of militant terrorist organization, but in the real world, it's just people who want better police relations with blacks (and it's not organized).

the media has accomplished its goal in making this divisiveness. As much as I don't like to point the finger, I truly believe some liberals, especially those in the media want to relive the 70s because there was far more to fight for then and it helps them politically. They choose to try to go back to that at the cost of alienating an entire group of Americans and forcing an emotional response on them.

I would point the finger at the people talking about the issue more and benefiting from it more. That is, people who are trying to divide the working class to get popular support for extremely unpopular policies that mostly amount to vast upward redistribution of wealth.

It's a ridiculous comparison. The U.S. is way the fuck better off than China by any metric you want to use (note that China's per-capita GDP is just fucking $6,807), and is in a much, much better position going forward than both China and Japan, in large part because of immigration (which is preventing the aging that is crippling Japan). The median age in Japan is over 46, while it is 37.8 in America (still higher than ideal). A little less in China than in the U.S., but that will change, and it'll keep getting worse. Tribalism is a major obstacle to economic and cultural growth.

Always talking about race only perpetuates the racial divide... no matter what those basement dwellers at NPR think. They think they're doing everyone a favor by crafting these stories as if they are some enlightened lot.. when in fact their theorizing only drives a wedge between races.

In sum, it just fuels the white guilt crowd into loathing themselves more. I mean, how many minorities actually listen to that station? (see, things white people like)

When they start to support Rachel Dolezal and transracial movement, then I'll give them a little credit.

Nice to be privileged and not have to worry about race or gender.

RIGHT???????????

Let's talk about for 17 of 18 hours of programming.

The other 6 is for whatever terrible music they play at night.

When they start to support Rachel Dolezal and transracial movement, then I'll give them a little credit.
I see that woman and I want to vomit. But, transracial may have more legitimacy scientifically than someone being transgendered.

A lot of "black people", especially in the U.S. are like 30-60% Caucasoid European's genetically. You can even see it in their mannerism. Ben Carson is an easy example. Look at the nose, skin tone and the way they speak.

Back