Ranking recent generations' late night hosts

Leno was funny in the 80s but there was a different standard for comedy back then. he probably struck a cord with older people and that's how he managed to hang around.

His appearances on Letterman in the 80s were pretty funny but if you watch it now you realize comedy then and now are two different things. There are very few old comedians who still stand up today. You have Carlin, Pryor, Dangerfield, maybe Don Rickles, and that's about it.

I recently youtube'd Seinfeld's appearances on johnny Carson. If you watch his early 80s bits they are mildly funny. By the end of Carson they were much funnier, still funny today. Maybe he just got better at delivering lines.

Ferguson/Conan are the only ones I can really watch.

Letterman handled Madonna being a total piece of shit back in the day like a champion.

Last edited:
i'm on the other side of the water, have no idea about Leno/Conan stuff, other than Conan took over, had shit ratings and Leno came back, what I saw of them, I liked them both, Letterman did nothing for me, in fact he's pretty shit imo, Kimmel seem ok, Fallon is just terrible,Craig Ferguson was very good, but Corden is an unfunny fat twat, and I thought murica had higher standards.....never seen Seth Meyer

Craig Ferguson - consistently funny over a long time. Great and different interview style.
The rest just weren't consistently funny enough for me. They were okay. Except James Corden..................f$&k him.
Craig’s interviews with the ladies were the best.
It’s too bad he never had Paul McCartney on as a guest. Do we have a picture of Paul McCartney?

Jimmy Kimmel is the worst and most pandering talk show host ever. Every morning on the news its some cringe clip of him spewing on the latest facebook topic about how his opinion is the only valid one. I really wish he would get cancelled.

Back