Ranking Conor as an All-Time Great Striker

Gotcha. Your first post just made it seem like Conor isn’t up there.

Cringe at Cain and Victor Belfort. Both decent in their own right but no where close to the technique of Conor.

No, I meant JDS before Cain stole his soul. Had some of the best kickboxing the HW division has ever seen.

And I'm no Conor fan in any way, but if you can KO Poirier, Mendes, Aldo, Alvarez....you have to be top 10 just on principle alone.

Anderson Silver, not for KO power but his precision in striking was 2nd to none

Garbrandt above Conor....?

<{cruzshake}>

Very fast hands, good power, natural athleticism. That's it.
By far. Cody has lightning fast hands, and very fluid combos. If he wasn't so cocky and arrogant, he'd be GOAT potential. But hey, he still has time. Sometimes a humbling experience can do amazing things for a huge ego.

You can't compare Conor to Cody. I watch Conor with friends whom I've trained with for over a decade and we often laugh at what Conor does in there. He's got great timing, and a great left... sure. Nothing else. He depended on his chin at 145 to make a name against much smaller guys. He folded to a Diaz 1-2.

When Cody fights, and throws his punches, me and my mates have that "WHAT THE FUCK" look on our faces. Phenomenal speed and accuracy. You can barely see his punches in real time.

Speed, Power, and Agility... the major components of Boxing. You can't say "that's it". That's all there is. Technique too on top of that, and defence. Cody lacks defence at this point. But so does Conor. Except Conor also lacks speed, and agility, and technique. Conor, only has power. And that served him at 145. Let's see how many LW fights he wins.

Jessica Andrade has better striking skills then GSP, and has knockout power, she/he could ko 99% of sherdog posters as well.

Is there a yellow card requirement to be a Conor fan? Holy shit dude joined yesterday and already with double yellows.

When talking about the best technical strikers ever in MMA how can credentials not mean shit? Toney has the best boxing that UFC has ever seen by a mile. His technique as a striker is way better than most other guys.
What mma fight did he display the best technical mma striking?

Pure striker? so you have him above Reem, CroCop, Aldo, Jones etc. When did pure striking become a left hand? There are 8 points of contact in pure striking.
Lmao what’s this narrative that Conor only has a left hand? Dude dropped Brandao with a head kick. He gassed Mendes with teeps to the body. He ONLY beat Nate because of his bodywork (first time we have EVER seen Nate fade). He hit Eddie at will with combinations, including uppercut,s hooks, and that left hand. Saying Conor only has a left is the same as saying Crocop only has a left foot. It’s perpetuated nonsense. The dude is brilliant on the feet. He hit Holloway with virtually every type of attack.

No, I meant JDS before Cain stole his soul. Had some of the best kickboxing the HW division has ever seen.

And I'm no Conor fan in any way, but if you can KO Poirier, Mendes, Aldo, Alvarez....you have to be top 10 just on principle alone.

Oh!

Yeah that makes more sense haha.

16zcqx.jpg
What was an opinion?

Conor gassed and got out-struck vs Nate and Anderson got out-struck by Chael in their first fight.

Pure striker? so you have him above Reem, CroCop, Aldo, Jones etc. When did pure striking become a left hand? There are 8 points of contact in pure striking.

I'm basing that on results also...he ko'd aldo in 13 seconds..so yes, i put him above aldo..and reem has terrible striking in the ufc...and cro cop did nothing in the ufc...

If he wins this one by KO or TKO

Best ever at FW/LW..

Wait what? GSP had a good jab but no power and was always looking for the opening to clinch. Your list doesn't make sense to me and it's missing likely the best in Anderson. Jones belongs on the list as well as his knee kicks were deadly to opponents in addition to his elbows.

Anyway, striking is more than just boxing and so your list is a bit lopsided.

GSP has HK Ko's on his resume and literally outstruck everyone in his career. He is most certainly an accomplished striker.

Idk about #1 or anything lol, but, his overall striking is much better than Conor's. People act as if GSP never put people away, when he came into the UFC he was smashing fools.

I'm basing that on results also...he ko'd aldo in 13 seconds..so yes, i put him above aldo..and reem has terrible striking in the ufc...and cro cop did nothing in the ufc...

lol at ever suggesting Conor is a better striker than someone like Cro Cop. I used to think you were somewhat rational even though you were a Conor nuthugger. but this is just beyond laughable.

Do people even watch the sport anymore or do they just pull up their instagrams and jerk off to that?

Well Silva has kod people with all 4 points of contact ( hands elbows knees feet) so definatly behind him before I even begin thinking about all the other guys. And then theres the whole guys who have actually competed anand had success in MMA and other striking competitions which conor has none of. So yeah , top 50 definatly .

You can win fights past your prime, and even look great past your prime, if you are fighting guys several levels beneath you.

There is no question Anderson was past his prime just from the eye test.

The guy was 38 years old. His peak years were probably 4-5 years gone by that point.
Really basic knowledge... you keep explainin´these basic things to them, only to seem spittin´the very same BS in another thread...smh

He's number one, only Anderson gets close.

Back