Ranking Conor as an All-Time Great Striker

giphy.gif

I was in the building for this fight. Still get chills when I see it. Poor Fryklund

Funny how Silva fanatics try to rewrite history. Suddenly Silva who looked unbeatable in 16 prior fights was suddenly past prime for the weidman fights

You can win fights past your prime, and even look great past your prime, if you are fighting guys several levels beneath you.

There is no question Anderson was past his prime just from the eye test.

The guy was 38 years old. His peak years were probably 4-5 years gone by that point.

He's up there.

Anderson
Cro Cop
Conor
James Toney
Overeem
JDS
Aldo
Saki
Machida
Schilt

He's in the top tier for MMA. Guys like Toney and Saki are there based on striking credentials rather than MMA success.
Uh...credentials don’t mean shit

In mma, he's up there. Guys like Anderson still are above him cause really conor lacks diversity. He really only has hands. If we're talking outside of sport he'll never be in the discussion with someone like Lomachenko since conors tools are primarily his hands and we've seen him in a boxing ring now so the 2 are comparable. Think TJ is superior as well tbh, his ability to be head to toe dangerous is really uncanny. But you don't need to be the absolute best at something to leave your mark.

conor is a great boxer/striker with that karate stance. i like it but to claim hes the best u need to watch a full legacy version.
if he defends a belt 10 times we can talk about it... so its hard to rate him where he belongs right now.

anderson silva still has the peak.

Top 20

No there isn't.

tenor.gif

a 2x mulitiple weight class world champion and you have him top 20...spoken like a true conor hater...nice going my friend...In reality, the only guy I put ahead of him is anderson silver. I can't think of anyone that's a better pure striker...

Uh...credentials don’t mean shit

When talking about the best technical strikers ever in MMA how can credentials not mean shit? Toney has the best boxing that UFC has ever seen by a mile. His technique as a striker is way better than most other guys.

knocking out khabib doesn't make you a great striker.

a 2x mulitiple weight class world champion and you have him top 20...spoken like a true conor hater...nice going my friend...In reality, the only guy I put ahead of him is anderson silver. I can't think of anyone that's a better pure striker...

Pure striker? so you have him above Reem, CroCop, Aldo, Jones etc. When did pure striking become a left hand? There are 8 points of contact in pure striking.

I'd say he's good striker and if you were putting him on a rating system you could put him up near the sets best, but I don't think he is the best. So many good strikers out there.

Easily top 5. He's the greatest little man striker ever. I think TJ is coming for that title though.

Conor is strong until he gasses then he becomes an ordinary striker the levels of tank abbot. How can this be ranked high?

Prime Cro Cop, prime Anderson, shit even prime BJ was a better boxer

For sure ahead?

Only Andy.

Maybe TJ. Maybe pre-Cain JDS. Maybe TRT Vitor.

There's not many that's for sure. I very much hespect Conor's striking.

Gotcha. Your first post just made it seem like Conor isn’t up there.

Cringe at Cain and Victor Belfort. Both decent in their own right but no where close to the technique of Conor.

Back