biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
#3 Colby Covington
#7 Darren Till
#8 Kamaru Usman
#10 Santiago Ponzinibbio

These are all guys who have pretty good win streaks coming off good wins. Never really heard of any of them until their last 1-2 fights except for Usman being on TUF I think. Just wanted to see your opinions on these guys and what their potential is. The Welterweight division seems to be the one that has just sprung up a bunch of random contenders people have never heard of until this past year

100% Usman>Colby>Till>Ponz

I think I would prolly pick usman in any of these possible matchups

None of those guys have beaten anyone of close caliber to Demian Maia.

Colby would grapplefcuk them all, and finish them all in 5 round fights.

1-2. Colby/Usman
3. Till
4. Ponz

#3 Colby Covington
#7 Darren Till
#8 Kamaru Usman
#10 Santiago Ponzinibbio

Till is the real deal. I was excited when I saw him fight Wendell Oliveira in his UFC debut. Great striking, good takedown defense and confident as fuck. Not stupid confident like Mike Perry either.

Usman is good, but he's boring as hell. Stereotypical wrestler. He's on a 7 fight winning streak and still most people don't know who he is. That's a bad sign.

Colby has a similar wrestling style to Usman but he's garnered quite a bit more notoriety with his trash talking antics. For all the people that harp on him... he's made a sound business decision. He's playing the bad guy so people will want to watch him whether they like him or hate him.

Ponzinibbio is a great striker and he's one of two fighters from Argentina. I doubt he's going to hang with the top echelon of welterweights when it comes to the ground game. I expect Till and Ponzinibbio to headline the Card in Santiago, Chile in April.

These guys probably all want to fight Wonderboy since they figure that will secure a title shot. I'm hoping to see Colby vs Usman which will eliminate one wrestling style fighter from the mix.

1. Till
2. Covington
3.Usman
4. Ponz

Young Prospects... Could see all have success at 170. Till might have the most upside. But Usman vs Covington would be the match to make.

100% Usman
Till
Covington
Niko Price (y'all sleeping on him)
Platinum (future GOAT tho)
Erick Silva

I don't see Ponzi as a prospect at all; he's pretty good, but he's already in his prime.

Back