Range reports: Whatcha do this week?

Did not know that made a difference.

Yeah, I installed the bore laser 3 times and 3 times I had to match up the beams. Since it attaches via the trigger guard, activating the light/laser can push it off center a little when you push the button.

No biggie since I use the night sights anyways. Just have to remind the wife her shots might pull right if she uses the laser for quick acquisition.

Makes me think a Mossy Shockwave with a lighted foreend might be in my future as well for HD.
DBF807A6-FF8D-4306-83C1-B332EED3C2B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Shot low light qualifications at work. Have block training coming up in a week so it should be fun. Get to head out to an outdoor range, shoot AR's, 870, and 40mm in addition to pistol transitions. Do some shots from the patrol cars, etc. Looking forward to it.

I guess if qualifications count, I shot on Monday with a different gun, a few hours after I smoked that deer with the Agency Suburban.

Got any pics of the damage?
My photobucket account won't let me share anymore without upgrading my account and the photo is too large to upload onto Sherdog...but the brush guard did it's job. A new front bumper and driver's side fender liner and she should be good. But I doubt it will get approved in the budget.

My photobucket account won't let me share anymore without upgrading my account and the photo is too large to upload onto Sherdog...but the brush guard did it's job. A new front bumper and driver's side fender liner and she should be good. But I doubt it will get approved in the budget.

Nice, so not too bad.

Yeah I switched over to imgur.com, much better than pb imo.

Just had our block training yesterday. First half of the day was firearms. For whatever reason, I just was in the freaking zone. Not sure if it was the looming specter of the Las Vegas incident or what but I shot absolutely phenomenal yesterday with pistol, AR and shotgun.

What was disappointing was a lot of our officers were absolute trash. I'm talking people pulling shots at 3 and 5 yards with both pistol and AR. It was downright depressing that with as much as we shoot, every 2 months, people were still absolute garbage. Some of our new kids shot like shit, and a lot of our detectives better stay at their freaking desks.

We had people full on missing the box on a silhouette with the AR at inside 10 yards, my rounds were touching or overlapping and theirs were 6 plus inches apart...

Just had our block training yesterday. First half of the day was firearms. For whatever reason, I just was in the freaking zone. Not sure if it was the looming specter of the Las Vegas incident or what but I shot absolutely phenomenal yesterday with pistol, AR and shotgun.

What was disappointing was a lot of our officers were absolute trash. I'm talking people pulling shots at 3 and 5 yards with both pistol and AR. It was downright depressing that with as much as we shoot, every 2 months, people were still absolute garbage. Some of our new kids shot like shit, and a lot of our detectives better stay at their freaking desks.

We had people full on missing the box on a silhouette with the AR at inside 10 yards, my rounds were touching or overlapping and theirs were 6 plus inches apart...

But, but... muh professionals. :(

But, but... muh professionals. :(
Seriously dude I was fucking pissed. I'm not saying people need to be "operators" but you need to be proficient. Shit infuriated me.

I'm gonna try and get a Designated Marksmanship course put together for the dudes and a few gals, who are not on SWAT but are proficient with the AR's so we can get some regular(ish) long distance shooting, precision shooting, etc done with our AR's to keep our skills sharp.

If I can't get that to fly, I will just use some of the training funds we got authorized to go to a course myself, even though I have like 8 years of Army experience with the M4 under my belt.

Also I think that we need to send some people through a freaking remedial course if their performance is subpar. Screw hurting peoples feelings or having people bitch and make excuses.

Its frustrating because we have such a wide margin of skills, some people are damn good and would give most anyone a run for their money, the vast majority are capable, but more than I would like are abysmal.

Seriously dude I was fucking pissed. I'm not saying people need to be "operators" but you need to be proficient. Shit infuriated me.

I'm gonna try and get a Designated Marksmanship course put together for the dudes and a few gals, who are not on SWAT but are proficient with the AR's so we can get some regular(ish) long distance shooting, precision shooting, etc done with our AR's to keep our skills sharp.

If I can't get that to fly, I will just use some of the training funds we got authorized to go to a course myself, even though I have like 8 years of Army experience with the M4 under my belt.

Also I think that we need to send some people through a freaking remedial course if their performance is subpar. Screw hurting peoples feelings or having people bitch and make excuses.

Its frustrating because we have such a wide margin of skills, some people are damn good and would give most anyone a run for their money, the vast majority are capable, but more than I would like are abysmal.

I'd let the shooting skills slide if you told me the training time was being devoted to de-escalation tactics. :cool::D

I don't understand who joins the police force and doesn't like to shoot guns. I'd be practicing on the company dollar as much as possible. Plus, it's not that hard to develop basic proficiency within 10 yards.

We had people full on missing the box on a silhouette with the AR at inside 10 yards, groups were 6 plus inches apart...

{<doc}{<doc}
giphy.gif

That is almost unbelievable. I could probably hold a better group shooting an AR from the hip. Did they have acogs on them(makes it even worse)?

When you say missing the box are you talking about something like this

TQ_15_full.jpg

Its the targets where the torso has a small triangle in the head, two boxes in the torso and then 1 and 2 in small circles outside the torso, 3 and 4 in small squares and 5 and 6 in small triangles. Couldn't find one checking around on Google.

Not sure if thst makes sense. And yes they had ACOGS too.

Its the targets where the torso has a small triangle in the head, two boxes in the torso and then 1 and 2 in small circles outside the torso, 3 and 4 in small squares and 5 and 6 in small triangles. Couldn't find one checking around on Google.

Not sure if thst makes sense. And yes they had ACOGS too.

FBIQSWAT.jpg

?

Yep. People were pulling shots in the center boxes....

Also I bow to your superior Google fu.

With AR's at <10 yards and pistols at 9 feet? Honestly I feel like you would have to try to do that. Especially with the AR's that have slight magnification and crystal clear glass.

That is not confidence inspiring. Honestly, until they can show a certain level of proficiency with a gun they shouldn't be issued one.

With AR's at <10 yards and pistols at 9 feet? Honestly I feel like you would have to try to do that. Especially with the AR's that have slight magnification and crystal clear glass.

That is not confidence inspiring. Honestly, until they can show a certain level of proficiency with a gun they shouldn't be issued one.
Yeah man I was dumb founded.

decided to stretch my legs as it were. had ammo to burn so i ran through exactly 247 rounds of FMJ 10mm underwood loads through some new Wilson combat mags and roughly 300 rounds of 9mm FMJ through my VP9sk.

I've been using Tripp mags for a good while in my 1911 but Wilson has converted me. As good as Tripp mags are the Wilson mags are just 'better'. They slide into my pistol easier, they lock into place faster, they eject smoother. The only thing i dont care for is my Tripp cobra mags are easier to immediately tell how loaded they are as they have numerals and view holes for each round. Wilson has the view slots that kinda give you a 'round about' estimation of cartridges in the mag.

Back