Range reports: Whatcha do this week?

So, I went to take the Weatherby out to get a 100 yard zero on it... and I couldn't even consistently get on paper after 30 rounds so I said fuck it and called it a day. I have no clue where my damn shots were going and the range I was at you can't police your own targets. Going to hit the gravel pit sometime soon and maybe go for a 25-50 yard zero.

So, I went to take the Weatherby out to get a 100 yard zero on it... and I couldn't even consistently get on paper after 30 rounds so I said fuck it and called it a day. I have no clue where my damn shots were going and the range I was at you can't police your own targets. Going to hit the gravel pit sometime soon and maybe go for a 25-50 yard zero.

Get it on a sled and pull the bolt, I've had the same problem before and I put a target board at like 50m with an 8" sticker target. Got the gun set in the sled and pulled the bolt out, got it set so that I could look through the barrel and see the target, adjusted the scope and got it on paper that way.

Gravel pits are also good if you can take somebody with you to tell you what's going on.

Get it on a sled and pull the bolt, I've had the same problem before and I put a target board at like 50m with an 8" sticker target. Got the gun set in the sled and pulled the bolt out, got it set so that I could look through the barrel and see the target, adjusted the scope and got it on paper that way.

Gravel pits are also good if you can take somebody with you to tell you what's going on.
Really hoping nothing is wrong with the barrel and it's just doing it because it's new.

Really hoping nothing is wrong with the barrel and it's just doing it because it's new.

I'm sure nothing is wrong with it. Just bore sight it at 25 or 50 to get it on paper, get it dialed at 50, then move it to 100.

On the very slight off chance that there's something wrong with it, weatherby will fix it.

Just make sure you have the screws properly torqued on the action and go bore sight it.

I've had several hunting rifles that came out of the factory with loose action bolts, that will fuck you all up but you can fix it in seconds, also they probably didn't bore sight it at all in the factory, just mounted the leupold to it and sent it out.

Bore sight it at 25, get it on paper at 50, dial it in, then move it back to 100.

I'm sure nothing is wrong with it. Just bore sight it at 25 or 50 to get it on paper, get it dialed at 50, then move it to 100.

On the very slight off chance that there's something wrong with it, weatherby will fix it.

Just make sure you have the screws properly torqued on the action and go bore sight it.

I've had several hunting rifles that came out of the factory with loose action bolts, that will fuck you all up but you can fix it in seconds, also they probably didn't bore sight it at all in the factory, just mounted the leupold to it and sent it out.

Bore sight it at 25, get it on paper at 50, dial it in, then move it back to 100.
They said they boresighted it but I couldn't even get near what I was aiming at with my first shots. Wonder if I spun the turrets when I put the screw on turret system from Leupold by mistake.

Last edited:
Laser boresighter? All I see is an Amazon ad.

Last edited:
I COULD use like a backpack and a sandbag too I guess... fill the bag with towels and shit and almost over pack it.

Just buy that outdoorsman backpack and shoot from the notch on the frame.

poZEvJrUj
Took my friend shooting for her first time, She is a complete hippy, liberal yoga type. Was surprised she wanted to go, good attitude and didn't do anything stupid but damn she couldn't shoot for shit.

Did you get that weatherby sighted in yet?
Yeah. Got a 1.5" group at 100 yards about a week ago off a backpack. Going to hit a range this weekend or maybe next to double check it since this zero was at a gravel pit.

Yeah. Got a 1.5" group at 100 yards about a week ago off a backpack. Going to hit a range this weekend or maybe next to double check it since this zero was at a gravel pit.

Good, glad to hear it. I always just bore sight from the get go, anymore I can get it done fairly quickly. I got my 375 sighted in with the leupold vx3 in just 7 rounds.

Good, glad to hear it. I always just bore sight from the get go, anymore I can get it done fairly quickly. I got my 375 sighted in with the leupold vx3 in just 7 rounds.
Took me 5 I think.

Back