Randy Couture vs Pedro Rizzo (robbery)

it was a very close back and forth fight... i wouldnt call it a robbery but i could have gone either way....Handy absolutely mauled him in the first round but he also ended up with no gas by the 2nd round and Pedro came back with vicious legkicks, you dont see heavies throwing them like that nowadays. Handy did in the rematch what he wanted to do in the first fight, though.
One of my favorites tbh.

It was a hard fight, could have gone either way. Coleman-Rizzo was another close fight, Coleman should've won imo.

""could have gone either way.""

son.gif

Rizzo mauled the last round, but that didn't win the fight. Could have gone either way.
The rematch validated the first fight.

Back then though you could get your ass whooped and steal a round by getting a quick takedown. I have ts seen that fight in like 12 years but I assume the joludges gave Randy 10,000 points for a takedown

Yeah,never liked handy..was given every advantage by dana and ufc..

UFC_31_Locked_and_Loaded_Poster.jpg

s-l300.jpg

pedro-rizzo-knees-randy-couture-at-ufc-31-on-may-4-2001-in-atlantic-picture-id107909457

couture-rizzo.jpg

2001_original.jpg

4149_eb.jpg

randy-couture-is-victorious-over-pedro-rizzo-at-ufc-31-on-may-4-2001-picture-id107909295

And im still baffled how Carlos tapped out Pat with that bullchit choke.

I thought it was robbery, but they ended up having a rematch in which randy 'th natural' couture dominated so it doesn't really matter.
It was bad, but not randleman-bas written bad

Rizzo got robbed... saw a replay years back and didn't even show the third round. But doesn't matter Couture smashed him in the rematch...

Pedro Rizzo was my favorite fighter back in the day, but I had the fight for Randy.

Rounds 1 and 4 were clearly won by Couture. Rounds 2 and 5 were clearly won by Rizzo.

Round 3 was very close, but Rizzo did little striking when you look at it closely, to the point where Randy's takedown and being on top the majority of the round while landing piddly GnP was enough.

Regardless, even if you had Round 3 for Rizzo, calling the decision a "robbery" is ridiculous and cheapens the term.

Rizzo has nobody to blame but himself, he was content to stare a fighters than pushing any type action when clearly had an advantage.

Rizzo was my fav HW fighter at the time but fuck he was frustrating to watch

Back