Rand Paul's healthcare plan is 4 pages long. EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT!

50-50

obviously better than Ryan's

He probably saw it but the thought of burying Ryan's political career is too good to resist....

so why did we get that piece of shit paul douche bag ryan crap

sorry but id instantly back this shit.

Paul ryan is a fucking moron, i dont know how he has any political power considering the large amount of stupid bills he purposes and failed to get ratified

He probably saw it but the thought of burying Ryan's political career is too good to resist....
Or he simply has no clue about healthcare and it wasn't 4-D chess but he seriously wanted the Ryan-bill to pass.

There're things I like about it, but it does nothing to actually control costs.

so why did we get that piece of shit paul douche bag ryan crap
Or he simply has no clue about healthcare and it wasn't 4-D chess but he seriously wanted the Ryan-bill to pass.
I don't think so. It's the exact opposite of what he was saying on the campaign trail, then he told everyone to watch that Fox show where they called for him to step down.

I honestly think it was about ruining Ryan's political career. The Trump team wanted to make it look like he was giving an effort to appease everyone (Neocons) and let ACA collapse on its own weight. Now premiums will skyrocket and the GOP can do pretty much whatever it wants.

I don't know, just how I see it, could be wrong.

That plan still sucks. Theres only one way out of this mess and all other attempts will fail .

I don't think so. It's the exact opposite of what he was saying on the campaign trail, then he told everyone to watch that Fox show where they called for him to step down.

I honestly think it was about ruining Ryan's political career. The Trump team wanted to make it look like he was giving an effort to appease everyone (Neocons) and let ACA collapse on its own weight. Now premiums will skyrocket and the GOP can do pretty much whatever it wants.

I don't know, just how I see it, could be wrong.

No matter how bad trump screws up, his groupies always trying to spin it into some type of win

No matter how bad trump screws up, his groupies always trying to spin it into some type of win
Whether intentionally or not, Trump just saved his political career. Ryancare would've been the end of Trump, imo. I think it's foolish to believe that Trumps advisors didn't know this.

Do you have an argument/rebuttal or just passive aggressive assertions?

I got a three word healthcare plan -

Medicare for all.
I could stand by that.

What I don't like is taking from the working class and giving to the freeloaders. Treat us all the same under the law i.e. socialized medicine (even though I think it could lead to higher prices for all of us in the absence of a free market) or take the government completely out of healthcare.

What I won't stand behind is the working class being slave to the freeloading class.

I could stand by that.

What I don't like is taking from the working class and giving to the freeloaders. Treat us all the same under the law i.e. socialized medicine (even though I think it could lead to higher prices for all of us in the absence of a free market) or take the government completely out of healthcare.

What I won't stand behind is the working class being slave to the freeloading class.
It's just not doable. Only like half of people even pay income tax, and asking them to pay for medicare for the other 175 million people who don't is a really unfair burden. You'd have to have a higher number of people contributing to afford a 350 million person coverage.

I'd say just get rid of medical insurance altogether and watch the prices of healthcare drop. It's so odd that people just don't see that prices increase every time a middle man is inserted. The cost of college, the cost of healthcare, all skyrocketed as soon as a middle man gets involved. We all know insurance companies turn a profit, right? That means collectively people are spending more to be covered than is spent covering them. It would have been cheaper to just pay the Dr. when you go.

Last edited:
It's just not doable.

I'd say just get rid of medical insurance altogether and watch the prices of healthcare drop. It's so odd that people just don't see that prices increase every time a middle man is inserted. The cost of college, the cost of healthcare, all skyrocketed as soon as a middle man gets involved. We all know insurance companies turn a profit, right? That means collectively people are spending more to be covered than is spent covering them. It would have been cheaper to just pay the Dr. when you go.

Exactly.

What's we need is a healthcare system.

What we have is a health insurance system.

Our system does exactly what it is designed to: it creates massive profits for insurance companies.

And when Washington says the system is broken, what they mean is that it is not creating massive enough profits to keep the insurance lobbyists happy.

Exactly.

What's we need is a healthcare system.

What we have is a health insurance system.

Our system does exactly what it is designed to: it creates massive profits for insurance companies.

And when Washington says the system is broken, what they mean is that it is not creating massive enough profits to keep the insurance lobbyists happy.
Oh it's bloody hilarious when they say "the system is broken", and then go on to suggest some insane solution that a 6 year old could do a better job of for whatever they just said was broken. I didn't have insurance from after college all the way through my 20s. Only went to the Dr. once during that time, and it's pretty crazy to go to a Dr's office without insurance and ask them how much a visit costs. They have no idea and just kind of look at each other in confusion. There is no market price for anything medical except laser eye surgery.

So the plan is to get rid of protection for preexiating conditions, and get rid of the plans that people got through the exchanges. Allow people to buy from other states. Thats about it.

What a shit plan.

Typical libertarian rubbish: Make insurance cheaper for some people by making it more expensive for people with the most extensive needs.

It's just not doable. Only like half of people even pay income tax, and asking them to pay for medicare for the other 175 million people who don't is a really unfair burden. You'd have to have a higher number of people contributing to afford a 350 million person coverage.

I agree. There is no "market" in medical care.

If competition were allowed, prices would drop. Unfortunately I don't see a way out.

Insurance should only be for extreme circumstances, like heart transplant or some shit. Everything else should be out of pocket.

No thanks. We already know the free market is wholly inadequate to cover the healthcare needs of this nation.

I agree. There is no "market" in medical care.

If competition were allowed, prices would drop. Unfortunately I don't see a way out.

Insurance should only be for extreme circumstances, like heart transplant or some shit. Everything else should be out of pocket.
Yeah, catastrophic insurance would be an ok idea, but definitely not for petty shit like a stubbed toe or a cold or mundane checkups. That cost could get out of hand fast.

I think they said my dad's cancer treatment would have cost like $500,000 without insurance, and that only lasted like 6 or 7 months before he died. Imagine what it would have cost if it was a couple of years. Nobody could afford that, so it would have to either get cheaper or just not exist.

Back