Rampage admits Jones knee kicks messed up his knees

So the jury may be out on career effecting, but do you agree that the "career ending" claim is so far completely baseless? If not why not.

I never claimed it was a career-ender, just that it was hypocritical for people to say the heel hook is more dangerous than the knee kick.

I never claimed it was a career-ender, just that it was hypocritical for people to say the heel hook is more dangerous than the knee kick.

I know you didn't but being a pretty well known poster who has the opposite view to me in regards to this kick's morality (shall we say) I wanted to clarify this with you.

You know what I love... that Paul Harris is so terrible for such a dangerous move and not letting go soon enough... but Jones' knee stabs are 100% okay.

You know what I love... that Paul Harris is so terrible for such a dangerous move and not letting go soon enough... but Jones' knee stabs are 100% okay.

Thank you. Someone finally understands.

exept they arent knee stabs

if a pot head like joe rogan can note they are largely hitting the thigh what in the fuck is wrong with you all?

I hate those kicks for some reason. It's completely illogical I admit, seeing as how they're punching each other in the face for chrissakes.

I would love to see "no rules" stuff allowed today, but I can easly understand why eye gouge etc are illegal. Unlike headbutts, or desire to make illegal moves like knee kicking. It's fucking nonsense. If you don't wanna see hurted people, go watch non-martial arts sports.

That's just dumb.

So you agree that some things shouldn't be done, but then say you love the "no rules". What is it? Rules or no rules?

You guys don't even realize that if everything was allowed, most fighters would be out for years in between each fight. That's what you want in your perfect world? Having the best retiring early while fighting less often? Very smart...

Maybe some day you'll realize that by giving some restrictions in the short term, you create more entertainment for the long term.

And those talking about punches to the head being dangerous? I completely agree. That's why I'm all for earlier stoppage when it's obvious that the fight is over. Like Cain vs JDS. JDS and Cain both took punches to the head when it was not worth it anymore : the competition/sport aspect of the fight was over.

That's just dumb.

So you agree that some things shouldn't be done, but then say you love the "no rules". What is it? Rules or no rules?

You guys don't even realize that if everything was allowed, most fighters would be out for years in between each fight. That's what you want in your perfect world? Having the best retiring early while fighting less often? Very smart...

Maybe some day you'll realize that by giving some restrictions in the short term, you create more entertainment for the long term.

And those talking about punches to the head being dangerous? I completely agree. That's why I'm all for earlier stoppage when it's obvious that the fight is over. Like Cain vs JDS. JDS and Cain both took punches to the head when it was not worth it anymore : the competition/sport aspect of the fight was over.

I don't give a shit how often they would fight then. I just wanna see fights on "rules" like in 90's - nhb. That competition is closest to emerge the baddest man on planet.

But this is no topic for that discussion.

Yeah, I'm sure Forrest had nothing to do with that...

That's because they aren't equivalent. The equivalent kick to the knee would be if the opponent had already collapsed due to the knee strike and Jones was allowed to follow up with another stamp to the knee. That's what Palhares does when he holds a heel hook too long.

lol @ "slowly applied heelhook"

Yeah they take it real slow on each other

If that's the case eliminate low cut kicks to the knee which can do as much damage as push kicks to unsuspecting fighters.

To be honest, eliminate all kicks to knees and you could have a safer MMA.
You just be a doctor.

That not true at all, one hits the front of the knee causing it to bend backwards. The other hits the side of the knee. It can cause injury but you can't really compare them. Lowkicks are usually not aimed at the knee as it is more effective on the thighs. That should tell you something.

Knee teeps are such a sissy, yet dangerous technique they're banned by WKA. You rarely get TKO's with them (which is the goal in striking, not inflicting permanent ligament damage), but the damage can show afterwards.

Well, there you go. WKA knows their shit.

And finally the comparison to the heel hook is really dumb. If you are hooked, tap and let go you're fine. If you want to make the stupid comparison, make it like it's meant to be, and don't relate it some psycho (Paul Harris) who loves messing up people.

Last edited:
Yeah we all know, he clearly ate every kick and elbow Jones threw.

I completely agree with you! Hypocrites which thinkinh that damaging brain is ok but damaging knee is bad, are fu*kicng hillarious.

This all stems from Jon Jones hate because he is the one that brought oblique kicks into the light. Its an old technique, probably hundreds of years old but Jones brought it out and made it a major part of his toolbox where other fighters either never threw it or only occasionally threw it. It also pretty funny how people think that the kick is designed to strike the knee, people always saying Jones kicks knees. He doesn't. That kick is supposed to land on the thigh just above the knee.

Anyhow, yea, this is just a simple case of fuck you Jon Jones, we'll change the rules.

This all stems from Jon Jones hate because he is the one that brought oblique kicks into the light. Its an old technique, probably hundreds of years old but Jones brought it out and made it a major part of his toolbox where other fighters either never threw it or only occasionally threw it. It also pretty funny how people think that the kick is designed to strike the knee, people always saying Jones kicks knees. He doesn't. That kick is supposed to land on the thigh just above the knee.

Anyhow, yea, this is just a simple case of fuck you Jon Jones, we'll change the rules.

All techniques many years old. Gordeau was taking out eyes and Joe Son was smashed in the balls back in the day. And 'supposed'?? He is aiming them at the knee. It's like me kicking my opponents in the balls and claiming that it's ok as I meant to hit the thigh. This whole thread is full of terrible arguments.

Back