Ralph Fiennes vs Joseph Fiennes

You should go ask them for blood samples.

tumblr_mgykyaFDgh1r99o84o1_400.jpg

What all have you seen?

I don't think I've actually seen any of Joseph's work. Movies like Elizabeth and Shakespeare in Love don't really appeal to me. I did like The Tudors, so maybe I could get into Elizabeth.

I don't think I've actually seen any of Joseph's work. Movies like Elizabeth and Shakespeare in Love don't really appeal to me. I did like The Tudors, so maybe I could get into Elizabeth.

Elizabeth is very good. You should watch it. @chickenluver will back me up on that one.

I would also recommend Enemy at the Gates, Risen (if biblical stuff is not off-putting to you), and the recent show The Handmaid's Tale.

You should check out The Handmaid's Tale. He has a major role in it.
I've been meaning to read the book. I'll probably watch the show first.

You've watched all the episodes and would recommend it?
Movies like Elizabeth and Shakespeare in Love don't really appeal to me. I did like The Tudors, so maybe I could get into Elizabeth.
Yeah Elizabeth is really good. It's not really a costume drama type of film, it's mostly about the political intrigue of the era. Nothing like Shakespeare in Love which is a romantic comedy.

I didn't seen The Tudors, but Elizabeth was the daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, played by Natalie Dormer in the show I believe. Since you watched it you know she was executed by Henry.

There was a lot of turmoil during her reign, violent confrontations between Catholics and Protestants, conflicts with Scotland and Spain, and assassinations attempted against her. The pope at the time essentially put a hit on her. Elizabeth and her administration were pretty badass IMO, at the start of her reign England was rather insignificant, and at the end it was major player.

Cate Blanchett carries the movie (robbed of an Academy Award IMO) but it's a great cast, Geoffrey Rush, Richard Attenborough, Christopher Eccleston, Fanny Ardent, Vincent Cassel, John Gielgud, even Daniel Craig in an early role. A very high level production all around.

ELIZABETH has Geoffrey Rush as Walsingham, who is essentially the grandfather of British intelligence.

both are good actors but came in to say shakespeare in love winning an oscar over saving private ryan AND life is beautiful, is absolute BULLSHIT

It's pronounced Ralph, not Ralph.

I would put Ralph Fiennes' performance in Schindler's List up against any acting performance in the history of ever. Joseph Fiennes... yeah not in the same ballpark. Not in the same league. Not the same sport almost.

Back