Raider Nation V. 25 : Thanks For A Great Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trawick played good he was all over the field, at least a few players showed up and kept fighting. Coop ran half ass routes all game, hell the final games of the season he did too, sucks cause I'm a big fan of his.

Glad to see everyone finally coming around on the Cooper fiasco
Dammit Pliny are you ever wrong?

Give Chaz this team around him and he studs the fuck up big time

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on a great season, guys

Well now I didn't see that one coming. Thanks, honestly Oakland did a bit better than I expected this year, we're still a couple of pieces away.

I look forward to your upcoming draft analysis.

Glad to see everyone finally coming around on the Cooper fiasco
Dammit Pliny are you ever wrong?
I think "fiasco" is too much, Coop has been very productive and made plays for us, he just lacks a degree of passion in his game. We need a Steve Smith type receiver, a guy who decides to get mad-dog mean and take over a play no matter who's throwing the ball or who's covering him. Coop has faded down the stretch every year and it's a pattern at this point. It's going to be interesting what call gets made when it's time for a re-up on the rookie contract.

Cooper is playing in an offense that spreads the ball around to everyone on the team. Whoever is open. Whoever is the hot hand. With a running game getting a shit ton of TDs.

In short, hes fine.

Cooper is playing in an offense that spreads the ball around to everyone on the team. Whoever is open. Whoever is the hot hand. With a running game getting a shit ton of TDs

In short, hes fine.
I'm not saying get rid of the guy, he's one of our best players. He just seems to be strangely passive sometimes.

@HeirApparent is a fucking retard.

Team needs a stud middle backer, a RT, and a DT that can push the pocket. A new kicker and a LT will be needed after next season if not sooner.

How does a team with Mack and Irvin finish last in sacks?

Fuck Norton, sack of shit.

Don't be so negative. First playoff appearance in 14 years is something to be excited about right?

Need that interior threat too, everyone comes from the outside leaving the middle for a QB sneak, step up pocket, clean passing lane, dump off area to the rb/te aka the things that hurt the defense all season.

DTs do a lot for edge rushers. In this case they did fuck all for edge rushers lol. Both of them still had real solid numbers even with the DTs just taking up space.

Id love to put it on Norton but I think the lack of pressure up the middle is more to blame.

I'm not saying get rid of the guy, he's one of our best players. He just seems to be strangely passive sometimes.
I feel ya, just think its moreso him being in a unique offense. Kind of like in NO, no one is force fed just because theyre the best guy.

Id like to see some more chances for Cooper deep next year though. Hes really good in those situations and Carr can put it anywhere he wants, let the dude make a play. They seem too focused on short throws and YAC. Sure hes great at it, but the guy can put the burners on down field and win jump balls too. Stretch the field more imo.

Don't be so negative. First playoff appearance in 14 years is something to be excited about right?

I wasn't even pissed off they lost to Houston. I'm sure part of it was have very low expectations with Carr and Penn being but but most of it was indeed making the playoffs for first time in 14 years.

Still, least sacks in the league, that is inexcusable

DTs do a lot for edge rushers. In this case they did fuck all for edge rushers lol. Both of them still had real solid numbers even with the DTs just taking up space.

Id love to put it on Norton but I think the lack of pressure up the middle is more to blame.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Mack or Irvin, they both played great. I'm sure a lot of it was lack of pressure up the middle but I think a lot of it was the schemes as well.

Secondary is still a major issue, the talent is there to be much much better than they were.

By the sounds of Jacks last presser
I get the the feeling Norton isn't going anywhere, hope I'm wrong.

Saw a interesting stat the other day, keep in mind it's just a stat but it's interesting. With Joseph in the line up we had the top rated pass D, with Allen in and no Joseph the pass D was last.

Last edited:
I feel ya, just think its moreso him being in a unique offense. Kind of like in NO, no one is force fed just because theyre the best guy.

Id like to see some more chances for Cooper deep next year though. Hes really good in those situations and Carr can put it anywhere he wants, let the dude make a play. They seem too focused on short throws and YAC. Sure hes great at it, but the guy can put the burners on down field and win jump balls too. Stretch the field more imo.

Murray had his best games when Carr was throwing it deep. Musgrave can take his 2 yard passes and cram them in his ass

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Mack or Irvin, they both played great. I'm sure a lot of it was lack of pressure up the middle but I think a lot of it was the schemes as well.

Secondary is still a major issue, the talent is there to be much much better than they were.

By the sounds of Jacks last presser
I get the the feeling Norton isn't going anywhere, hope I'm wrong.

Saw a interesting stat the other day, keep in mind it's just a stat but it's interesting. With Joseph in the line up we had the top rated pass D, with Allen in and no Joseph the pass D was last.

Defense came on during the final stretch like last year. Not sure why its so awful to start but my god lol. Hopefully get it fixed next year.

Wade Phillips set to become a free agent tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Wade to the Raiders and Bork with another super bowl win would be the awesome. Oh the jimmies that would be rustled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back