Raider Nation V. 25 : Thanks For A Great Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conley tweeting out "he doesn't have shin splints"
Hmmmmm

Don't get caught up in camp, it does show comparisons rookies to veterans, but only within our own team. The real test comes in preseason against other teams and in the regular season against starters.
Not penciling him in for ROTY but when a rookie DT is giving hell to the caliber of lineman like Gabe Jax, Hudson, and KO its pretty exciting.
Conley tweeting out "he doesn't have shin splints"
Hmmmmm
Rumor is theyre being overly cautious with him and Obi. Projected to be starters at some point but dont need to force either in right now so making sure theyre 100% healthy.

Very encouraging seeing Vanderdoes, M. Lee, and T. Hester getting such positive reviews. If Conley and Obi play up to their draft status then the Raiders have gone a long way towards shoring up that D, especially up the middle.

Yea, yea I know it's just camp but to me unbridled and sometimes unwarranted optimism is not just a concept, it's a way of life. Bleeding Silver and Black for 35 years and counting. Happy thoughts guys, happy thoughts.

Love what we saw from Joseph tonight.

James, Lee, and Vanderdoes all showed up.

I think Sean Smith is going to get clipped.

Such a big disappointment. His whole career has been a model of consistent play before coming here.

He didn't look very good last night and being demoted in camp was probably performance related. Too bad.

I expect Joseph to make a big jump this year. That first year back from blowing out a knee is always a transitional one. Same thing happened to Tim Brown and he went HOF.

That hit Joseph made on Johnson was perfect, just stoned him right in his tracks.

I still like Nelson but he's keeping Joseph from his natural FS spot. Hopefully Obi works out and we'll have a great young safety tandem.

Smith was great, got here and looks like a completely different player, he keeps getting beat and when he's not he's grabbing onto the receiver. Everything looks off about him.

Joseph was all over the place and I mean that in a good way, he moves around the field in a natural way which will hopefully clean up some of those big gains that plagued the team last season.

Respect to marshawn, and in Oakland he'll prolly get overwhelming support

Glad Lynch is here to become s huge distraction this year......motherfucker.

Sean Smith looked like shit.....again. He is best when he is on the LOS playing bump n run, not sure why they are not using him like that. Not sure that even makes a difference as he was getting turned around by 3rd string recievers. I don't think he gets cut as he would be a cap hit this test I think, next year he can be cut free and clear

Lynch isnt protesting anything apparently. Been sitting/standing all along and no ones really noticed. I had no idea.

Been begging for that fucker to play press since he got here. I dont get it.

Yeah I thought it was well known that Smith excels playing press with safety backup. Instead we put him one on one with guys like Cooks in space and wonder why it doesn't work. Coaching change was supposed to help but so far...not so much.

Shit reminds me of Philly using of Nnamdi. Asking a square peg to fit the circle hole.

Hopefully coop not practicing or playing is strictly precautionary, need him to be 100% all year

Conley's return is near.

Conley's return is near.
Hopefully he shows something so if the team needs to part with Smith, I know they really like Borders as well, although his first game he looked a bit green.

I heard Jack wants to carry 5 safeties, maybe moving smith to safety is a option.

Him looking bad isn't just a case of it being the first pre season game, he looked like shit almost all of last year

Obi nearing full participation. Woooo.

Hopefully Conley starts practice soon too lol. Even if camps about over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back