Raider Nation V. 25 : Thanks For A Great Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
cardinals ss tony jefferson seems to be interested in coming to the raiders, would be nice imo

he's a safety, made PFF's top 101 this season

The Top 101 list this season has a lot of undrafted success stories in it, and Tony Jefferson is the latest one. The former undrafted free agent was excellent for the Cardinals this season as their strong safety, posting a run-defense grade of 98.0 and notching 35 defensive stops on the season (third among safeties). Jefferson was a rock-solid tackler, missing only five of 98 attempts all year. He didn’t record an interception, but did break up five passes and allowed just 7.1 yards per reception when he was the primary coverage defender.

Tony Jefferson would be nice but he might be too expensive to sign.

Why the Seth hate? He has come up with more big catches than he has big drops.

Fins released Mario Edwards, could be a decent pick up if put in a Dwight Freeney type role

They released him 11 years ago
He may be a little rusty

Why the Seth hate? He has come up with more big catches than he has big drops.
He was atrocious this season. Last year he was clutch.

He was atrocious this season. Last year he was clutch.

Atrocious is a little harsh. The guy was a UDFA in his 2nd year, not willing to give up on him yet

Atrocious is a little harsh. The guy was a UDFA in his 2nd year, not willing to give up on him yet
Hes out performed his draft stock, sure.

Actually I change my mind. Raiders need to get Tony Jefferson and I think it's a realistic possibility.

Predictions for the current crop of Raiders UFA:

GONE
Malcolm Smith ILB
D.J. Hayden CB
Matt McGloin QB
Andre Holmes WR
Latavius Murray RB
Mychal Rivera TE
Nate Allen FS

STAY
Stacy McGee DT
Brynden Trawick SS
Perry Riley ILB
Daren Bates ILB
Menelik Watson RT
Jon Condo LS

Actually I change my mind. Raiders need to get Tony Jefferson and I think it's a realistic possibility.

Predictions for the current crop of Raiders UFA:

GONE
Malcolm Smith ILB
D.J. Hayden CB
Matt McGloin QB
Andre Holmes WR
Latavius Murray RB
Mychal Rivera TE
Nate Allen FS

STAY
Stacy McGee DT
Brynden Trawick SS
Perry Riley ILB
Daren Bates ILB
Menelik Watson RT
Jon Condo LS

Holmes and Rivera need to stay.

Lol he sure as shit does. Shouldnt be difficult to clean that up though.

If he hasn't learned to tackle by now I doubt he ever will. Thought the same thing when McLain was mocked to us. Watched his highlights and was immediately turned off. Might be better on the outside.

Edit: Rewatched the highlight. Dude doesn't know to get his head across. Only did it on two tackles and one of them was because the back cut back inside.

Last edited:
If he hasn't learned to tackle by now I doubt he ever will. Thought the same thing when McLain was mocked to us. Watched his highlights and was immediately turned off. Might be better on the outside.

Edit: Rewatched the highlight. Dude doesn't know to get his head across. Only did it on two tackles and one of them was because the back cut back inside.

Hes 22 and doesnt miss a ton of them as it is. Had a better tackling % than Jaylon Smith.

Just saw Jihad Wards stats.......WTF......not one goddamned sack? He was given more than enough chances. The guy looks the part but damn......looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Just saw Jihad Wards stats.......WTF......not one goddamned sack? He was given more than enough chances. The guy looks the part but damn......looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Problem is he was drafted way too high due to potential/upside rather than his talent at the time. Even scouts were saying he was a raw player. I think Reggie intended for him to develop gradually as a rotational player behind Mario Edwards Jr. Unfortunately, MEJ was hurt most of last year so Jihad was thrown to the wolves more or less.

With all that said, he's going to be around for a while, for better or worse. Reggie is likely committed to seeing him reach his potential, ala DJ Hayden. Hopefully, it'll work out this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back