Rage Against the Machine

As much as I appreciate Prophets of Rage I think it really highlights just how much Rage Against the Machine was Zack de la Rocha.

Can't say that I'm a fan, and RATM certainly sounds kinda dated - but Killing in the name of made me jump around like an idiot back when I was a teen.

Great song.

Bulls on Parade is the reason I got a Wah-wah pedal. Also how I discovered Drop D tuning. A lot of Tom Morello's work is quite innovative. Not a big fan of their lyrical content, but the first two albums were staples of my teenage years.

First record was a fucking masterpiece. You’ve got to remember that people were still listening to hair metal back then. The likes of RATM, Pantera and Faith No More showed us a way out from all that nonsense.

First record was a fucking masterpiece. You’ve got to remember that people were still listening to hair metal back then. The likes of RATM, Pantera and Faith No More showed us a way out from all that nonsense.
Whats wrong with hair metal?

The older i get, the less i like De La Rocha. Still like Morellos riffs though, even though hes rather one dementional.

Wowawowa wikiwikiwki wowawowa wikiwikiwiki

Sleep now in the fire
Bulls on parade
Wake up (from Matrix?)
Guerrilla radio
Testify

For those that like RATM... check out Urban Dance Squad... started out a few years before RATM (at least a year that I can remember) ... I think RATM were fans of theirs

Almost identical sound and vocals...RATM even played one of the same fests (in Germany I think??) as Urban Dance Squad

Back