Rage 2 to (probably) be revealed

I bought the first game due to some dick reviewing it saying it was like Fallout it wasn't I stopped playing due to the driving bs

I considered typing a few paragraphs to explain my displeasure as to why Rage - one of the most boring and *Meh* games I have ever bought, played, and quit a few hours in - is getting a sequel, instead of Doom 2016.

Downward Thrust, who is one of the best gaming YouTubers, summarizes my thoughts perfectly.

I considered typing a few paragraphs to explain my displeasure as to why Rage - one of the most boring and *Meh* games I have ever bought, played, and quit a few hours in - is getting a sequel, instead of Doom 2016.

Downward Thrust, who is one of the best gaming YouTubers, summarizes my thoughts perfectly.

I liked Rage (except the ending) but even still, I agree, a sequel to this over a huge hit like Doom makes absolutely no sense. Unless id software has two development teams (which could be a possibility) and the other one is hard at work on a Doom sequel this is one hell of an odd decision from a business point of view if nothing else.

I liked Rage (except the ending) but even still, I agree, a sequel to this over a huge hit like Doom makes absolutely no sense. Unless id software has two development teams (which could be a possibility) and the other one is hard at work on a Doom sequel this is one hell of an odd decision from a business point of view if nothing else.

Did the new Doom actually sell well though? I know it was received well with critics, but I'm so sure about the sales.

id isn’t developing Rage 2. Bethesda is the publisher that owns their ip’s.

Did the new Doom actually sell well though? I know it was received well with critics, but I'm so sure about the sales.
It sold 2 million copies on PC alone. It was a massive success across the board.

It seems like Avalanche is developing this. Didnt Id Software do the new Doom? I forget. No reason they cant have two different developers making two different games at once.

Well it looks like id is still involved somehow. Not sure exactly to what degree.

You know id is already working on DOOM 2. They're probably involved with tech support and making sure that gunplay stays as sweet and as smooth as ever. Avalanche is probably doing most of the work.

Despite the repetitiveness of side quests, their Mad Max game was pretty good. They know how to design a post apocalyptic world and the car combat was fun. I really hope they add Mad Max style storms to Rage 2.

If they manage to incorporate DOOM 2016-quality shooting and Mad Max-quality driving in a really fun and varied open world, I think this has potential to be the best open-world FPS of all time, if not one of the best open-world games period (I don't see anything topping Zelda anytime soon though).

id Software + Avalanche is an insane combo.

Last edited:
It’s funny, my understanding is this game got coverage at Quakecon yet no one gave a shit after the Doom Eternal reveal.

Back