Rage 2 - do we really need another Mad Max game?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Because thats what first Rage was about. Cars in post-nuclear scenery.

Tbh I got quite bored with Mad Max and stopped playing it somewhere at 20%

Dont get me wrong I love games in post nuclear world setting but I dont really dig that craze with cars and crap. So no, not very excited at all.

I would rather see some sort of survival but story driven game in setting of very first Planet of the Apes, crumbled cities, underground and all that. Spaceship crashing, travelling through desert, looking around for food and so on.

Honestly thought Rage was terrible and I don't understand why they want to make a sequel.

Last edited:
I couldn't get past like 2 hrs in RAGE. It was fucking generic and boring.

Honestly though Rage was terrible and I don't understand why they want to make a sequel.

Bethesda owns id software now. They are reviving all of their old games. The new DOOM was far superior to DOOM 3 in every possible way. The new Wolfenstein games are so much fun. The new Quake is a blast. I bet the new Rage will be much better as well.

"Do we really need another Mad Max game?" How many have we even had in the past few years...

OP wants another survival game. Rage wasn't a perfect game by any means but it did have a lot going for it, despite being held back a whole lot by 360/PS3 hardware and they mostly hit 60fps on that outdated tech. The gunplay was some of the best out there, the world was fairly well realized, the weapons were unique and fun to use, the enemies had superb animations and their own distinct looks. It was clearly a troubled game but had a lot of good design and gameplay.

Kind of tired of these "Why does X exists?" topics and videos from all those shitty, lazy Youtubers. Just ignore something if it doesn't interest you. I don't give a shit about Fortnite or PUBG and I'm not going to start whining about more BR games.

Bethesda owns id software now. They are reviving all of their old games. The new DOOM was far superior to DOOM 3 in every possible way. The new Wolfenstein games are so much fun. The new Quake is a blast. I bet the new Rage will be much better as well.

This is a sweet theory and all but Bethesda published the first Rage.

Give it a chance. After seeing what they did with DOOM, I think ID might have some tricks up their sleeve.

so it's going to be rage 1 speedup?

Nah. Rage 1 was mish-mash of ideas, that never really came together. It did get the gun play right though. If they just concentrate on that, like what they did with DOOM, it could be a fun time.

Give it a chance. After seeing what they did with DOOM, I think ID might have some tricks up their sleeve.
Id isn’t developing it. Seems like Bethesda is just using the ip.

Id isn’t developing it. Seems like Bethesda is just using the ip.
It's actually being designed by both id and Avalanche.

I'm assuming id is handling the first-person stuff and Avalanche is in charge of the driving (and maybe even the world itself), but they haven't said much else about it.

It's actually being designed by both id and Avalanche.

I'm assuming id is handling the first-person stuff and Avalanche is in charge of the driving (and maybe even the world itself), but they haven't said much else about it.

I figured they would have some involvement. But if it’s that heavy then I’m a lot more interested.

There are fewer non-military FPS games lately, so I'm looking forward to this based off that alone.

Nah. Rage 1 was mish-mash of ideas, that never really came together. It did get the gun play right though. If they just concentrate on that, like what they did with DOOM, it could be a fun time.
I really don't remember much of it past the first boss fight once they introduced the driving shit I stopped playing it.

I really don't remember much of it past the first boss fight once they introduced the driving shit I stopped playing it.

It wasn't anything special. It had some light RPG elements, some exploration-type side missions, some driving combat, some mini-games, and it never really meshed. It also had one of the most infamous bad endings to any game ever made. For some reason they thought a multiplayer car combat mode was what people would want in a shooter. It was a bit of a mess, and felt incomplete. The only thing it really did right were the shooting mechanics, which were boosted by a damn good engine.

I think it could be alright if they just dropped all the extra bullshit, and made an old school shooter game. No frills, and all action in some crazy post apocalyptic world, that has more to look at than 50 shades of brown.

I loved doom 3 but haven’t played the new one. Is it that much better?

I loved doom 3 but haven’t played the new one. Is it that much better?

The new DOOM is the tits bro. Completely different to Doom 3. It kind of plays like an arena shooter, with an emphasis on fast shooting and faster movement. Demons are very agile and pose all kinds of threats. It's so well designed

On that note, that was one I liked about Rage was how the enemies moved and use the environment to make themselves less predictable. The animation was very fluid. But then a lot of other areas of the game were repetitive and dull.

The new DOOM is the tits bro. Completely different to Doom 3. It kind of plays like an arena shooter, with an emphasis on fast shooting and faster movement. Demons are very agile and pose all kinds of threats. It's so well designed

On that note, that was one I liked about Rage was how the enemies moved and use the environment to make themselves less predictable. The animation was very fluid. But then a lot of other areas of the game were repetitive and dull.

I would love some survival shooter like Dead Space but with open world. Imagine own spaceship and u travel from one station to another with city hub to restock weapons, ammo and shit.

minus the bullshit ending i loved the first rage so the answer is OUI

Back