Rafa's BJJ record is LUDICROUS

Yeah, that's what I was thinking myself.

Yeah the theory that somehow IBJJF intimidated USADA into silence is insane. Near flat earth levels of conspiracy and delusion.

The USADA is way bigger than IBJJF. USADA tests for the Olympics and the UFC. Those sports combined are thousands of times bigger than the BJJ world. The IBJJF is nothing compared to them. Why would they risk their entire existence to protect a couple of amateur pajama huggers? They probably don't even know who they are.

Now IBJJF could decide that they don't like testing anymore and part ways with USADA. That wouldn't totally surprise me. But there's no way that somehow IBJJF threatened USADA into silence on a test that already happened. If the result hasn't come out, it's because there is a legal process to challenge it (e.g. Paulo Miyao) that has to be completed first. But it will come out at the end if it sticks.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if he has juiced in the past. i mean there was no practical reason for him not to.

but i still think he's p4p the best bjj fighter ever. his skills are out of this world.

keenan once said that in a 3 week atos training camp for adcc, rafa was the only one never to get tapped - and that's training several times a day with people like galvao, keenan, torres... that's just insane.

Yeah the theory that somehow IBJJF intimidated USADA into silence is insane. Near flat earth levels of conspiracy and delusion.

The USADA is way bigger than IBJJF. USADA tests for the Olympics and the UFC. Those sports combined are thousands of times bigger than the BJJ world. The IBJJF is nothing compared to them. Why would they risk their entire existence to protect a couple of amateur pajama huggers? They probably don't even know who they are.

Now IBJJF could decide that they don't like testing anymore and part ways with USADA. That wouldn't totally surprise me. But there's no way that somehow IBJJF threatened USADA into silence on a test that already happened. If the result hasn't come out, it's because there is a legal process to challenge it (e.g. Paulo Miyao) that has to be completed first. But it will come out at the end if it sticks.

This. I'd be surprised if Rafa hasn't juiced, given the "Chippendales" era of ATOS, but the idea that USADA gives a fuck about a niche sport with negligible money like BJJ is untenable.

keenan once said that in a 3 week atos training camp for adcc, rafa was the only one never to get tapped - and that's training several times a day with people like galvao, keenan, torres... that's just insane.

Yeah a lot of people training from out of there tell those stories. Like he is for all effective purposes impossible to tap. I'm not sure anyone can even recall it happening.

This. I'd be surprised if Rafa hasn't juiced, given the "Chippendales" era of ATOS, but the idea that USADA gives a fuck about a niche sport with negligible money like BJJ is untenable.

Really bizarre theory. And of course multiple people were swearing up and down that it was true.

I checked again later on and some guy actually called USADA to ask about it. USADA guy (Ryan Madden) told him that no sports organization has any input over the Results Management process, which is what they start when they get a positive test.

Of course, that sounds like exactly what USADA would say on the phone if indeed the feared leadership of the IBJJF paid them a little visit to make a certain test go away. Maybe a couple suitcases full of cash. A friendly reminder to check their brakes before leaving because it'd be a real shame if they were to lose control at highway speed...

Stay woke.

Yeah a lot of people training from out of there tell those stories. Like he is for all effective purposes impossible to tap. I'm not sure anyone can even recall it happening.

So basically what you're saying is...

Rafa was that 'yo but my sub defense bro' guy?

i honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if he has juiced in the past. i mean there was no practical reason for him not to.

but i still think he's p4p the best bjj fighter ever. his skills are out of this world.

My friend was training at Atos when that comment was made. And you got it wrong. Rafa never got his guard passed during the whole camp.

When will Buchecha be considered for the GOAT title?

Also I think Rodolfo could've been a contender for GOAT if he had decided to stick with BJJ rather than MMA.
He won his weight division at ADCC pretty easily imo.
12346098_1033684883349931_768964994_n.jpg

Also I think Rodolfo could've been a contender for GOAT if he had decided to stick with BJJ rather than MMA.

Rodolphos the man, but gtfo with that pic if you think he's clean. That's mr Olympia shredded.

The thing is, I'm sure everyone is on something, so unlike UFC, I don't hold it against anyone to be on PEDS.

Who beat Rodolpho by sub?

Back