Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington For Interim WW Title Targeted For UFC 224

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I hate that we're starting to see a trend of contenders killing each other off because the champion wants a money fight instead. Note that I don't think it's a trend yet, but it's starting to become one.

It's going on 8 months since Woodley has defended his title; if he had gotten the shoulder surgery done sooner he in all likelihood could have defended his title in the first quarter of this year, but like a lot of champions these days it's seems like they want to stall long enough to get on the July, November, and December cards. I understand the logic from a business perspective, but most of the champions are newly crowned or have barely begun to establish a reign, but they seem to have this entitled attitude that just makes me wish for the days when champions wanted to fight the best at least every 6 months.

Woodley should be fighting RDA in the first quarter of this year and Covington needs another fight before he earns a title shot; WME's matchmaking is going to permanently devalue the titles at this rate.

Conor and RDA never fought
He still got triggered in the build up. So triggered he over-trained and injured himself and missed out on the red panty night. He is still bitter about it to this day.

This dude actually talked his way to TS..

You gotta just be salty.

8-1 in UFC 170 division, with 5 finishes.
Win over Damian Maia, who is an absolute tank at ww. Need I remind you the majority of people were claiming Maia would wreck this ‘fraud’ before the fight.

Sounds earned to me.

Good fight, but why for an interim belt? Is Tyron acting entitled again? like he deserves a big pay day? Nobody wants to see him get a 'money' fight.

RDA has looked good at WW, but he must improve his wrestling. If RDA has one weakness, it is facing wrestlers with good top control.

Interim title fights since wme purchase (July 2016-today)

1. Robert Whittakerdef. Yoel Romero for interim title UFC 213 Jul 8, 2017
2. UFC 221: Romero vs. Rockhold for interim mw title, romero missed weight February 11, 2018
3. UFC 224 rda vs Covington for interim ww belt May 12, 2018
4. Tony Ferguson def. Kevin Lee for interim lw title UFC 216 Oct 7, 2017
5. José Aldo def. Frankie Edgar for interim fw title UFC 200 Jul 9, 2016
6. Max Holloway def. Anthony Pettis for interim fw title UFC 206 Dec 10, 2016

1.5 years with 6 interim belts

Interim title fights prior to wme (1997-2016)

1. Andrei Arlovski def. Tim Sylvia for interim title
2. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira def. Tim Sylvia for interim title
3. Frank Mir def. interim champion Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
4. Shane Carwin def. Frank Mir for interim title
5. Fabrício Werdum def. Mark Hunt for interim title
6. Randy Couture def. Chuck Liddell for interim title
7. Jon Jones def. Ovince Saint Preux for interim title
8. Georges St-Pierre def. Matt Hughes for interim title
9. Carlos Condit def. Nick Diaz for interim title
10. Conor McGregor def. Chad Mendes for interim title
11. Renan Barão def. Urijah Faber for interim title

19 years with 11 interim belts

interim?

where is woodley
pathetic title
for a pathetic reason to make this main fight

Usman
Rda
Ponz
Till
That should be the best 4 after woodley and wonderboy. So usman should get the shot. But its dana. So......

so...... they snuck him out of Brazil so he didn't get murdered...

and now they want to put him there on the stage?

This dude actually talked his way to TS..
25b8940adfa73d2116af40a7228094cb.png

The WME era... <{cruzshake}>

Tyron must be furious. No matter the result the champion will be a white man

Wins over Dong Hyun Kim and most recent title challenger Demian Maia had nothing to do with it, I’m sure.

Please God, let RDA put Colby to sleep forever. First death in the octagon please.

oh yay. another interim belt.

Guess I missed out on why Tyrone can’t fight...

WTF is up with the interim bullshit? So tired of it.

intern title? why?

lol

Colby tapped like chicken 2 years ago and has one win where he got outstruck by a BJJ guy

RDA beat a past his prime lawler and thats it.

None of these guys are clear cut #1 contenders. imo Usman has a better win streak of quality opponents

While I do think Usman has the higher upside than RDA and Covington, I have to disagree. His best win was against Warlley Alves. And while Alves did beat Covington, Covington has since beaten Maia, plus he's also got the wins over DHK who's top 10, and Pyle back when he was still decent. That's a pretty solid resume.

Plus, looking at the division, there really isn't anyone else you could point to who deserves the shot. The closest guy his Wonderboy, and no one wants to see a 3rd with him and Woodley.

Back