Rafael Cavalcante’s ideal opponent for Anderson Silva’s return? Daniel Cormier

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...nent-anderson-silva-return-daniel-cormier-ufc

”I think the ideal (opponent) would be Cormier,” Cavalcante told MMA Fighting. “He took that fight with no training, not even a day. If it were five rounds, in my opinion, it would have been bad (for Cormier). He’s tough and consistent, of course, but Anderson’s game is complicated and would have been tough for him in five rounds. When he got kicked, he was already worn out after holding Anderson. I believe someone at that level would be a good fight.”

EF571341-BA6D-4944-8303-917E49FE56C0.jpeg

I disagree with Rafael, i think it’s too late in Silva’s career for that kind of challenge. I prefer Silva vs GSP.

What fight do you want to see Silva come back to?

It cant really get any dumber than a Derek Brunson fight.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...nent-anderson-silva-return-daniel-cormier-ufc

”I think the ideal (opponent) would be Cormier,” Cavalcante told MMA Fighting. “He took that fight with no training, not even a day. If it were five rounds, in my opinion, it would have been bad (for Cormier). He’s tough and consistent, of course, but Anderson’s game is complicated and would have been tough for him in five rounds. When he got kicked, he was already worn out after holding Anderson. I believe someone at that level would be a good fight.”

View attachment 424049

I disagree with Rafael, i think it’s too late in Silva’s career for that kind of challenge. I prefer Silva vs GSP.

What fight do you want to see Silva come back to?

No way anyone wants to see DC vs Silva run back for a unnecessary second farce.

Yea, prime Silva most likely KOs DC but not current Siva...Silva vs GSP would be good

I think they should spare DC since he's retiring. anderson wouldn't be good for him

Yea, prime Silva most likely KOs DC but not current Siva...Silva vs GSP would be good
DC has lost to one guy, but most likely gets Koed by prime Silva? This isn't Forrest Griffin or James Irvin were talking about.

Why would DC fight him?

First fight was a joke and one sided. No need for a replay of that shite again

Oh Feijao, no one wants to see Cormier-Anderson 2. The outcome isn't changing.

Doesn't seem like GSP wants to fight Silva. Anderson-Adesanya could be fun but the timing probably doesn't work. Nothing left besides a classic Diaz rematch or if Luke beats the Chris maybe he can sneak in there for a shot at redemption.

As I recall DC dominated the first fight about from a few strikes at the end. No need for a rematch, plus DC still looking good & Anderson is clearly in decline.

Unless they can make the GSP "superfight" I just don't see that many fights for Anderson as I don't want to see him getting smashed about by some unknown fighter making his name off an aging Spider.

Silva has a lot better chance at getting a win back against Bisping than he does DC. That's who he should be pushing for.

Back