Radio Shack files for Chapter 11

jefferz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It's a sad day for hobbyists

RadioShack Cuts The Cord After 94 Years, Files For Bankruptcy

filed for bankruptcy on Thursday evening. The retailer, best known to consumers in recent years as a trusty seller of easy to lose cords, chargers and tech accessories, also announced a deal to sell between 1,500 and 2,400 stores to a consortium including Standard General and Sprint while in restructuring.

That sucks. This is pretty weird, because I just went to one, after almost 6 years.

I had to get a battery for my calculator, and didn't feel like going online.

Radio Shack was around for 94 years?
Damn

I bought lots of things from Radio Shack in the 70s and 80s when I was doing more electronics work. A few years ago I needed some diodes so I stopped at Radio Shack and about all they were selling was cell phones and accessories.

I've always hated them. Overpriced, mostly useless products.

I was surprised that they were even still around.

Radio shack gave me horrible service and the store was dirty last time I went there so I'm not so sad about this, although now best buy will have even less competition now, they are a complete monopoly since circuit city closed. The return policy is ridiculous, 15 days? They only get away with that becasue they are a monopoly. Honestly the government should break them up due to antitrust laws. I really liked circuit city and miss them, they had a great return policy too.

Have radios even existed for 94 years, or was it called Telegraph Shack when it first opened?

I cant think of one,thing id go to radio shack for anymore tbh used to love there rc cars when i was a kid though

Have radios even existed for 94 years, or was it called Telegraph Shack when it first opened?

With that SN I'd think you'd be better informed. Commercial radio has been around since the 1920s, and amateur radio since the 1910s.

Props to them for lasting as long as they did.

With that SN I'd think you'd be better informed. Commercial radio has been around since the 1920s, and amateur radio since the 1910s.

I wasn't even aware that footballs could be inflated or deflated.
I'm not a science computer.

screen_shot_2015-01-24_at_8.32.48_pm.jpg

I got to give them credit for hanging on this past decade. I predicted their imminent demise about 12-13 years ago and they hung on for awhile.

Back