Radio Censorship

Hans Gercmiov

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So, I ain't listened to the radio in probably at least 5 years, but now I drive a truck all day. On this one song they bleep this dude out for saying he's drunk and high, but on the very next song this dude is like 17 5 same color tshirt. And that's perfectly ok? I'm like wtf is up with this shit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally anti-censorship. I just find it super ironic.

I think they should be able to play this shit on the Disney Channel, personally.

17 5 same color t-shirt? What does that mean?

Family reunion was one of the first songs I learnt all the lyrics too.

I hate radio music. it's a natural deterrent to me.

the way it imprints on you subliminally is the absolute worst. I've had several dreams, where songs I hated would be playing, word for word perfectly, & I'd break down how the lyrics annoy the shit out of me. then I'd wake up salty, not even able to recite a verse even if I tried my hardest.

the brain works in mysterious ways, & these pop music motherfuckers know how to taint it.

Rolling Stones will always be bosses for sneaking the line 'You'd make a dead man cum' into a hit song that has been played on regular radio stations for the last 40 years or so

Through my whole childhood, every classic rock station played the original edit of The Who's "Who Are You?" Which means I've hears Robert Daultry scream "Who the fuck are you?!" a billion times, but yet they almost always edit the part out of The Doors "Light My Fire" when Morrison says "we couldn't get much higher"

It never made sense to me, but then I realized these are all individual decisions. I think "Who the fuck are you" got under the radar for 30 years some how and others got caught immediately.

All and all, radio censorship is bullshit.

I remember driving cross country when this song was popular and every station bleeped out different words

I hate radio music. it's a natural deterrent to me.

the way it imprints on you subliminally is the absolute worst. I've had several dreams, where songs I hated would be playing, word for word perfectly, & I'd break down how the lyrics annoy the shit out of me. then I'd wake up salty, not even able to recite a verse even if I tried my hardest.

the brain works in mysterious ways, & these pop music motherfuckers know how to taint it.

The first time I heard Gwar it was on Georgia Tech college radio and the song was I'm in love with a dead dog

Back