Rabbis, Cardinals, Bishops, Evangelicals, and Billy Graham’s Agree...

So you're ok with separating children from their parents as long as they get to visit for a few hours?
Better than keeping them in a seaprate location without any knowledge of their parents’ location or fate.

I mean, just put yourself in a kid’s shoes... really, how are we even having this conversation?

It’s a travesty.

Trumps own wife is against separating families. Too bad her own husband is too busy blaming Dems. Sad!

... faith leaders from every tradition are consistent in denouncing the Trump administration’s policy of separating children from parents.
Neither Trump nor these 'faith leaders' give two shits about separating children from their families at a border. The Israelis are sniping families who are hundreds of yards from the border right now. Nikki Haley is embarrassing this nation in front of the world at the UN by going against a simple request to protect these children and families from being shot for crying out loud.

What the fuck are we supposed to do here. It's not like they are peacefully protesting on their own land. These people are flooding our country illegally. They are not even trying to claim that they wish to return to their homes.

How come every time religion is introduced into politics it is for evil purposes?

Almost fair, but the same thing happens for social programs - ie it's the Christian thing to do.

When it comes to religion there is a lot of "No True Scotsman" going around.

- A true Christian would never vote for Hillary, she supports abortion.

- A true Christian would never vote for Trump, he is cruel to immigrants.

Almost the same game as...

- A true Christian can not be a Catholic, he does not follow the Bible and Catholics will go to hell for their traditions.

- A true Christian is a Catholic, Catholicism is the first and one true church and everyone outside of that church is going to hell.

Yes - "judge not" is "everyone judges," and few really care to understand much of anything, which the New (and Old...) Testament implicitly and explicitly remind.

What did Jesus of Nazareth say?

The God of Abraham judges the "heart," not a lot of petty things about who likes what politician, or convoluted consequential arguments about whoever you voted for or against.

In fact Jesus of Nazareth said that is all irrelevant, and everyone will fall short of that glory... the aim is salvation, to know God through Jesus and to follow the "narrow path" to spiritual revival with God.

Who loves Trump or Obama more is much, much less relevant than who tries to follow what Jesus Christ, Paul the Apostle, Peter and John et al. tried to lay out, the

The OP is agenda driven.

I have addressed his bullshit claim that a Christian must do XYZ and he never replies he just ignores me and continues to push the narrtive that Christian who is true "must oppose Trump, closed borders, "racism" or "anti gay or trans".

That is just not true. Christianity is not a logical or convince religion. You can get many different versions. Anyone who is not biased in favor of Christianity can see this. I suspect OP is either a Christian who sees only through his own fogged glasses or he is not religious but wants to divide Christian republican and Trump supporters from Trump base as a divide and conquer.

All it takes is watch little christopher hitchens or sam harris and you will see that christianity is not logical and gets bended by people. However this idea that is supposed to be loving tolerant, pacifist religion is just ignorant to how it operated for the first 300 years, then 500 years then 1000 years and then the institutions of catholic church, eastern orthodox, and the evolving nature of it. To protestant hysteria and warping of texts by martin luther and then rabid anti jew hate to more liberal protestant streams.

Trumps own wife is against separating families. Too bad her own husband is too busy blaming Dems. Sad!

the fun thing with an illogical religion is Trump could actually be religious and or go to heaven while non believers go to hell! There is nothing in my above comment i said that is not true.

the fun thing with an illogical religion is Trump could actually be religious and or go to heaven while non believers go to hell! There is nothing in my above comment i said that is not true.
This is why I think the major religions of the world should be taught in school as myth and folklore. The more people understand not to take them literally the better.

Back