R. Lee Ermey has passed away at 74

Why did History and Discovery Channel turned to shit?
most likely because it is a lot cheaper and profitable to do trash like pawn stars than to produce quality content. that sucks because history channel used to make up a good 50% of me tv watching time. now it makes up zero. in fact, i have no idea what channel it is even on anymore

This is so fucking weird. The day before he died, him dying came to mind. I even Googled to check his age, saw he was 74, thought, nah he's got years left in him...wow.

"You climb like old people fuck".

RIP.

Man, that's really sad. Dude was one of the most memorable, distinctive people in cinema

He also had dat role in one of my fav underrated comedies

what film is this?

Damn, just found out a few minutes ago. Obviously he was phenomenal in Full Metal Jacket and seemed like a cool guy. His voice, man...I was never in the military, but if i was walking down the street and he ran up to me and yelled, "you maggot, you hit the pavement and give me 20, now!" I gotta be honest, i'd probably do it.

RIP

some of the best film ever was the Full Metal Jacket drill sergeant scenes.

:(

Why did History and Discovery Channel turned to shit?
Because people that have an interest and grasp of history ask too many questions of their leaders and society. Might actually take pride in their nation and it's accomplishments. Have a connection with older generations.

Fill a persons mind with garbage and after a while they don't look too far beyond their rice bowls to question their own personal choices and the choices of their leaders. They are content to be led and controlled as long as you keep the bowl filled and have no historical context from which to question.

Met him once at the NRA Convention. He was there with Creedmoor Sports.

He shot an M1A in Highpower Matches sometimes. RIP to the Gunn.

Ermey.jpg

I had an R Lee Ermy Doll, had it in my office back in the day. Should've kept it.

Last edited:
i remember a few years ago i looked at his imdb. it was something like 75 out of 80 of his roles were either as a military or leo character.

The man played to his strengths. It's not like they were going to cast him as a romantic lead;)

Met him once at the NRA Convention. He was there with Creedmoor Sports.

He shot an M1A in Highpower Matches sometimes. RIP to the Gunn.

Ermey.jpg

I had an R Lee Ermy Doll, had it in my office back in the day. Should've kept it.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money (1).jpg

most likely because it is a lot cheaper and profitable to do trash like pawn stars than to produce quality content. that sucks because history channel used to make up a good 50% of me tv watching time. now it makes up zero. in fact, i have no idea what channel it is even on anymore

Even the more history oriented shows are so mediocre they use more CGI than actual footage or pictures from the period its sickening just like the show WWII from space.

I hate the "storage wars" because there is so many variations of that show its like CSI sometimes that is all you can watch the whole day.

I wonder if the program managers at History are underpaid looks like it, because its shit.

good thing we have youtob now

You have to pay attention but he had a small role in one of cinema's most famous scenes in Apocalypse Now.
He's one of the Helicopter Pilots.

Fletch Lives is one of the most underrated comedies. I never understood why it was so widely disliked.

I thought there was a dropoff from the first film, though certainly not a Caddyshack 2 debacle. Certainly a watchable movie, and definitely some good supporting performances, from Ermey (RIP) to Tex Cobb to Hal Holbrook to Richard Libertini (RIP) to Phil Hartman (RIP).

Accuracy of the Bootcamp part. Fucking love it.

Last edited:
R. Lee Ermey, a former Marine Corps drill instructor known to millions of moviegoers as the sadistic Gunnery Sgt. Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket," died Sunday morning, according to his longtime manager. He was 74.

In a statement posted on Twitter, Bill Rogin said Ermey had died due to complications from pneumonia.

"He will be greatly missed by all of us," Rogin wrote. "Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-jacket-actor-r-lee-ermey-dies-at-age-74.html

His parents had one more child that lived than yours.

:p

Fuck man.

Back