R.I.P. Malcolm X

Happy birthday... woulda been 93 years old.

Could have still been around.

Imagine that.

original-25606-1392735140-19.jpg

God I love that quote.

Malcom X is one of America's greats. He should be more celebrated.

A great redemption story, on par with any I have seen. He spoke the hateful NOI rhetoric, and was taken out when he embraced unity. The balls to challenge his heretic status in the face of an organization that is itself heretical, took some balls, when he was all alone.

Assassinated 52 years ago today...

Most people have a view of Malcolm X that he was simply a pro-black, anti-white establishment militant. This is the common view, constantly pushed by mainstream media, groups like Black Lives Matter, and people on social media (on the rare occasions Malcolm X comes up at all).

In fact, this is not true. What most people fail to acknowledge and in most cases do not know, is that he had an epiphany right before the end of his short life, wherein he suddenly realized that 'the white man' was not his enemy, or the enemy of black people. He broke away completely from Elijah Muhammad and the so-called 'Nation Of Islam', & started his own small following, wherein he preached that people of all colors should learn to live & fight for justice together.

For this, a hit was put out on him by the so-called Nation Of Islam, and he was soon assassinated by 3 black Muslims, his former so-called 'brothers'. How often do you see this fact brought up, especially by modern day activists? That Malcolm X was killed by black Muslims? Does 'Never' sound about right?

Anyway, here is a 1-minute video containing some of Malcolm X's final words, before being assassinated. In case any of you are remotely curious, or have a different mainstream-promoted idea in your head of Malcolm X being some kind of white-hating militant. Hear the actual man's words shortly before he was killed.

Wow, if what you are saying is true I never knew that.

Assassinated 52 years ago today...

Most people have a view of Malcolm X that he was simply a pro-black, anti-white establishment militant. This is the common view, constantly pushed by mainstream media, groups like Black Lives Matter, and people on social media (on the rare occasions Malcolm X comes up at all).

In fact, this is not true. What most people fail to acknowledge and in most cases do not know, is that he had an epiphany right before the end of his short life, wherein he suddenly realized that 'the white man' was not his enemy, or the enemy of black people. He broke away completely from Elijah Muhammad and the so-called 'Nation Of Islam', & started his own small following, wherein he preached that people of all colors should learn to live & fight for justice together.

For this, a hit was put out on him by the so-called Nation Of Islam, and he was soon assassinated by 3 black Muslims, his former so-called 'brothers'. How often do you see this fact brought up, especially by modern day activists? That Malcolm X was killed by black Muslims? Does 'Never' sound about right?

Anyway, here is a 1-minute video containing some of Malcolm X's final words, before being assassinated. In case any of you are remotely curious, or have a different mainstream-promoted idea in your head of Malcolm X being some kind of white-hating militant. Hear the actual man's words shortly before he was killed.

interesting. didn't know that.

did he write anything after having the said epiphany?

and for a period of his life he was a white-hating militant, no? and if he didn't write anything after having had his epiphany, then all his written work that persists to this day will have his old philosophy; thus, his association with anti-white philosophy will continue.

the individual may have transcended his philosophy like you state, but the author that remains through his most accessible writings will continue to be associated with anti-white ideas. unless he wrote something after that of course.

If I remember correctly, his opinions started to change when he went on his Hajj.

While in Mecca, he met people from all continents and all races coming together on their pilgrimage.

It was not a religious epiphany, but a "Whoa, we are all in this together no matter what you look like or where you come from" epiphany.

Probably, the only prominent lgbt black civil rights leader.

Credit to Wallace Fard, the white man who founded nation of islam

his autobiography is incredibly powerful and changed my perspective

First time I heard "so-called" was in the form of "so-called white man" by the Black Hebrew Israelites, AKA "The Real Jews", not the Crackas you see in NY or Israel. They stole judaism from the black man (or something like that).
"real jews" are in fact black, but they are from ethiopia, and now live in israel

Back