R.I.P. Mac Miller

I just listened to his new album for the first time yesterday and it is quality. Eerie. Truly terrible.

Last edited:
This sucks like his stuff for the most part.

I don't like it either. I hope they don't try to have him be the topic of debates or controversy like they do with every other celebrity that dies it seems.

The only thing I will say is this, and I say it out of concern and not criticism......the culture needs to think about what harm it may be doing with promoting drug use the way it does. Fredo Santana, and Mac Miller both gone in the same year.

Sad news. RIP Mac Miller.

A friend texted me and I found it pretty shocking. i used to dig some of his older stuff but I haven't followed him for at least 5 years now.. apparently he had been having issues - DUI's and other stuff. This is sad. I wish rappers could go back to rapping about ki's, as hypocriitical as it may sound. This opiate culture is nasty and it's easier to access.

RIP guy I've never heard of

R.I.P Mac Miller

His music has really impacted me.

Far too young to leave us now. :(

Here is a profile from Vulture that came out a day before he passed. Its sad in the sense that it makes his passing seem like even more of a waste, but it is a good read. It seemed like Mac was in a good place in his career and artistry. I don't think this was intentional.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/mac-miller-profile.html

R.I.P

Wasn't a big fan, but I liked some of his music. The Faces mixtape was dope asfuck.

A friend texted me and I found it pretty shocking. i used to dig some of his older stuff but I haven't followed him for at least 5 years now.. apparently he had been having issues - DUI's and other stuff. This is sad. I wish rappers could go back to rapping about ki's, as hypocriitical as it may sound. This opiate culture is nasty and it's easier to access.
Now that white kids dying, you want rappers to stop talking about drugs. lol "ok"

Hope you get your wish. I've been wishing for that since 1984.

Now that white kids dying, you want rappers to stop talking about drugs. lol "ok"

Hope you get your wish. I've been wishing for that since 1984.
Way to make assumptions, thinking I only care because a white guy died. Rappers can talk about whatever, and I have enjoyed songs about many topics, but the opiate culture is a bit dumb imo and lots of young people buy into it.

RIP Mac Miller

tumblr_m4hk2w8yI31qzbziuo2_500.jpg

R.I.P

Wasn't a big fan, but I liked some of his music. The Faces mixtape was dope asfuck.

People get caught up on the 17-18 year old mac miller and don't realize that after he rode that frat rap, Asher Roth, white kid rapping wave, he became a legit student of the game. He started playing all the real life physical instruments for the samples on all his beats. He has more features with Kendrick Lamar than I think any other artist does. He is the one who put on schoolboy Q and chance the rapper.

This passing of a celebrity hit me hard. I been crying for almost a week now at least twice a day. I feel like I grew up with the guy. I'm getting the art from faces, minus the yellow border, tatted on my ribs this weekend. Very sad.

I don't know his stuff, but I always enjoyed this collaboration with Anderson Paak (who I do know well).

Back