R.I.P. Koko the gorilla

The people that were going to spend money on training more gorillas invested their money into sex robots instead since that's bound to be far more lucrative.
Ironically 1st generation sex robots and 1st generation signing gorillas have about equal chances of ripping your dick off.

A grizzly bear totally would have totally rekt koko.

That being said RIP Koko

First Harambe and now Koko.

{<jimmies}{<jimmies}

Only in Trumps America.

Koko - is in a better place now.
Koko - thoughts and prayers.

Am I doing this right?

Koko killed a bunch of cats before one finally survived.
FAKE NEWS. Koko first nurtured a doll but was frustrated it wasnt real so they got her a live cat, which she named "All Ball". It later died in a car accident which plunged Koko into depression for years. They eventually got her two new cats which she loved like her own children.

Do you know why that is? I know nothing about gorillas and sign language, but why is this the case?
Was Koko just a genius gorilla?
I figured she had to be smarter than average maybe, but didn't know if she was just a genius, or if she just had a lot of time, money, and training spent on her
Even Koko's own trainer said Koko was not special, and every gorilla has the ability to do what she did.

I imagine its because 1 gorilla doing it is amazing. A dozen gorillas that can sign would just become "normal" very fast, and funding/donations would stop coming in. There is no incentive to put in the time/money/resources.

Does this mean the world is now safer from a PotA type situation?

The people that were going to spend money on training more gorillas invested their money into sex robots instead since that's bound to be far more lucrative.

Yeah, plus 'sex gorillas' was probably not gonna fly so..

That's sad.
But it feels like there should be many other Kokos by this time? They haven't trained any other gorillas on her level all this time?

Have you seen planet of the apes? That’s why.

Anyway, I remember when she had a kitten. She of course outlived it. When it died she was really sad. I felt bad.

Even Koko's own trainer said Koko was not special, and every gorilla has the ability to do what she did.

I imagine its because 1 gorilla doing it is amazing. A dozen gorillas that can sign would just become "normal" very fast, and funding/donations would stop coming in. There is no incentive to put in the time/money/resources.
Having gorillas communicate with each other in a language that humans can understand would be pretty amazing and insightful, imo. We could be witnessing how animals communicate with eachother, how they see the world, and themselves in a human language.

Koko, Harembe had nothing on you.

I liked you more than most people.

Having gorillas communicate with each other in a language that humans can understand would be pretty amazing and insightful, imo. We could be witnessing how animals communicate with eachother, how they see the world, and themselves in a human language.

Yea I would love it but I guess the average person just wouldnt really care to donate money. Everyone wants to see Koko because she has a story and is the first. The next gorilla to do it wouldnt capture as much interest sadly

Kinda mind blowing that there are animals out there that can have complex communication with people.

Back