R.i.P Hector "Macho" Camacho

No shit....so he at least responded to you!? That is awesome. I friggn wish, also you should have no shame that you wanted to meet your hero. Shit I would've asked him for a hug no homo Lulz
ya, i also like to think i gave him the idea to sell t-shirts, i mentioned it and he said "coming soon" and i got an autograph too. He really was a nice guy inspite of the rap he got. He only went ot puerto rico because of legal trouble here in America with his own stupid family. One of his sons stole some money from him and he attacked him over it and ended up back in trouble so I think he just said fuck it and went to Puerto Rico.

Better showman than Naz @Sunfish Awesome talent.
Damn talent pool got deep in the 90s.
That type of personality is draining to be around.

Here is in what is my honest opinion a beautiful biography of to me the legendary boxer Hector Camacho.

I loved those uppercuts. The guy was awesome in his prime.

Rest in Peace Camacho!

how did he pass away?

edit.. nevermind i watched ur vid .. thanks for sharing

how did he pass away?

Murder...drugs....b/s. Camacho had so much skill & potential. I'm glad he was champ in his early years.

above i mentioned the roque montoya fight as the one where macho got a gift decision, i was wrong. It was the reyes cruz fight, i just watched both, there is a 3 year difference and camacho doesn't look nearly the same, the fluid moves and effortless defense aren't there in the cruz fight. He also picked up his first knock down.
Nice,

Here is in what is my honest opinion a beautiful biography of to me the legendary boxer Hector Camacho.

I loved those uppercuts. The guy was awesome in his prime.

Rest in Peace Camacho!

I was a big fan of the macho man as a kid. He was probably my 2nd favorite fighter of the 80's, behind only the man in my AV. But i have to admit, my favorite fight of his was when he was past his prime and retired the even more past his prime Sugar Ray for good... <Goldie11>

My uncle trained him back in the day before he really made it big. He was the first boxer I ever met. I still have the trucker hat he signed for me when I was five. Time flies, I can't believe its been five years since his death.

My uncle trained him back in the day before he really made it big. He was the first boxer I ever met. I still have the trucker hat he signed for me when I was five. Time flies, I can't believe its been five years since his death.
who's your uncle? Macho started training with, I think some Irish guy and then turned Pro under billy giles until they had money issues, then a string of guys. At any rate, Macho was well taught, very well taught, that's easy to forget with all the glitz and noise, he was fundamentally a fine fighter in an era when Ali had most fighters thinking they could throw away the rules.

how did he pass away?

wasn't even the target in a drug deal gone bad, from the sounds of it, he accidentally got shot, had he lived he would have been a paraplegic, it was looking like he would pull through until he had a couple heart attacks, that pretty much left him brain dead. there was a guy who was close to macho, gave very moving stories about the final days (and also the rest of his life with Macho) I commented on how much I appreciated the video, unfortunately, he took the videos down after I did because I think he was ashamed of how emotionally messed up he was, this was right after Macho's death. No one has ever been charged with the death of Camacho and it looks like no one ever will be. I don't know if it would have been that hard to track down the killer or not but I do know that ex-boxers generally don't get a lot of priority in this world, even famous ones.

who's your uncle? Macho started training with, I think some Irish guy and then turned Pro under billy giles until they had money issues, then a string of guys. At any rate, Macho was well taught, very well taught, that's easy to forget with all the glitz and noise, he was fundamentally a fine fighter in an era when Ali had most fighters thinking they could throw away the rules.

Jimmy Montoya,

This was around 1985/86

that would be after Macho made it big, he had won the jr. lightweight title with Billy Giles and then had problems, I can't remember who was in Macho's corner for the ramirez fight but i'll take a look. Montoya/Camacho fell apart for the same reason Macho left giles: Money. I think Money might be the reason Macho lost interest in the sport too. The big names like Mancini lost and wars with guys like rosario for, I think, like half a million had Macho complaining. i can understand that somewhat, that was a tough fight and he really didn't even make that much. I don't think he had the focus like a Hagler or a Chavez to fight lots of defenses and wait for the big purses, that could be the biggest reason he was a fleeting, shooting star rather than someone who dominated for years. People do blame the drugs, they blame the rosario fight, it could have been more or less all of these factors but like Gil clancy said once, Macho never came out of shape or missing weight, even when he took beatings, he was in good enough condition to go the distance.

I was a big fan of the macho man as a kid. He was probably my 2nd favorite fighter of the 80's, behind only the man in my AV. But i have to admit, my favorite fight of his was when he was past his prime and retired the even more past his prime Sugar Ray for good... <Goldie11>
Hagler was a absolute BEAST , them fists of fury were unreal. Nice to hear you liked watching Camacho fight!

It feels like he's been gone for much longer somehow to me. :-(

No shitt. That's awesome

SO many stories about the Macho Man and his wild behaviour

My favorite one (im pretty sure it was from ring magazine) was when neighbors complained about loud music from his apartment, unsuccessful in getting him to shut off the music or answer the door, they shut off his power and waited, still no answer and fearing the worst they broke down the door and they find him along with other girls passed out, booze everywhere, the next night he was back it again.

SO many stories about the Macho Man and his wild behaviour

My favorite one (im pretty sure it was from ring magazine) was when neighbors complained about loud music from his apartment, unsuccessful in getting him to shut off the music or answer the door, they shut off his power and waited, still no answer and fearing the worst they broke down the door and they find him along with other girls passed out, booze everywhere, the next night he was back it again.
ya, that was a great one, one boxing guy said after he died that he didn't feel sad that Macho enjoyed his time on this earth. He had a lot of fun times. What bothered me the most, by far was that he had a divine talent, like Sugar Ray Robinson, or Beethoven or Picasso and it was wasted and is now largely forgotten about. No one really remembers what was predicted for him, which was that he would be someone to watch for all time greatness. No one mentions that. Steve Farhood, a writer who was around at the time and should know better remembered him as just "a screwup".

Back