Quitting on the stool...

Plenty of MMA fighters have died from the sport.

That's why I said "high level". All deaths have been on small promotions I think. If someone dies in the UFC or even Bellator it will be completely different.

BJ Penn after all the "to the death" talk.
Yeah, that moment ruined BJ for me. Talked all kinds of trash and then spent his whole training camp snorkeling and hitting pads. Showed up completely unprepared for GSP. So unprofessional

What's your most memorable fighter that quit on the stool?

Came to say Royce v Saku, with his uncles and dad in the corner and Royce broken for the first time under his own rules but hesitant to admit defeat

Glad to see It on the video list already

Nobody mentionned Romero vs Kennedy ? it surprised me, to say the least.

I'll do one better a fighter who quit in the midst of a fight.

Didn't watch the video but the chick in the thumbnail wasn't allowed to quit. If she did, I would have made $160. Her coaches suck.

yeah i remember that. the controversy was that she said she was done and got sent out for more anyway. fake news

To the death bj and then taking his mummy to cry about it.
My best ever , I don't know who but he was completely demolishing a guy, the ref didn't stop it so he quit. Found that extremely high principled

I'll do one better a fighter who quit in the midst of a fight.

That was tough to watch. I legitimately feel bad for that guy.
Call me a pussy, but I would have put a towel over his head, told him I was proud of him, and walked him out of that ring

BJ Penn against GSP, brother Jay tossed in towel. He was done.

i mean BJ quitting against GSP is probably gonna be the top one, as far as high profile fights.

Back