Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Asurah, Feb 1, 2018.
Josh should have cacc his ass
its amazing how fedor is. Russia gets a bad rap. And has in sport . poisoning of people. Etc
fedo r is god
The colour of the line is the colour of the team who won that match. If it's a draw then it's an orange line.
This event was great.
Even my wife enjoyed it and she doesn't like watching MMA.
Just finished watching, very fun event. It managed to capture a feeling that other submission grappling leagues are missing, with the exception of a certain BJJ family offspring, everyone was looking to finish the matches instead of simply surviving.
A few thoughts:
- they either need to add another minute or 2 to the time limit for the size disadvantaged bouts or pause the clock when the competitors go out of bounds or are being reset. Gracie's shenanigans against Barnett were garbage and he just simply tried to run out the clock.
- The athleticism is long gone but Sakuraba still has some fight left in him as long as he's not being punched in the head. He still has a few tricks up his sleeve and seemed to be enjoying himself
- love that they went with a traditional wrestling mat instead of some weird square platform or octagon rip off
- Tokoro with an early sub of the year candidate with that rolling armbar, amazing subs all event too
- Hopefully if they do a Sambo team again they find better guys. Japan and Russia especially could field much more talented grappling teams than the Lithuanian team.
- I finally discovered 2017 Rookie champion Captain Africa's name through this. Turns out he was a talented judoka prior to MMA as Shutaro Debana, taking 3rd place at the 2004 All Japan Tournament. Very interesting prospect and he had some nice armbar attempts against Sakuraba.
- It did very solid numbers for a submission grappling event, hopefully this keeps up and QUINTET can become a regularly occurring event
Fun event but Barnett only got 4 mins to push Gracie around...
Would have been more interesting if Barnett started out vs Krauss instead.
It was definitely a strategy on the part of Gracie and his team to stall out against Barnett, unfortunately for the viewing audience.
Comparitively speaking.. nakamura, tokoro and even sakuraba were very easy for the Polaris guys.
Shutaro Debana is a Combat Wrestling world champion (most probably will compete this year in the worlds in St Louis again), Sambo and BJJ national champion of Japan and placed 3rd in the Judo nationals, beating one of the Ebinuma brothers. Definitely a name to keep in mind.
I liked it. Pride meets IFL meets BJJ
Professional grapplers are better than non-professional grapples.
It was fun anyways.
You guys are underselling one glorious sub:
(ezekiel from guard)
Really good thing
This was AMAZING. Imanari roll into an armbar. Kim defends his legs forgetting he had arms lol but can't fault him. Who does this stuff anyhow?
I think Ishii only got 4 mins as well.
Wouldn't it be better to start off with heavyweights, so that they progressively get more tired and by the time the 3rd guy is up (if the HW beats the previous 2, which is not a given) he'll be tired enough to get tapped by a lighter guy.
That way we get to see HW compete for more than 4 mins, plus we'll get a Barnett/Caol Uno style match ups, where it's just interesting to see the size difference.
Haven't heard about whitemare in a few years. I remember in his bout against Diaz, I think he dropped Nick and had him in turtle posistion but the ref stopped the action to reset it for some reason. He was definitely an undersized WW, could be a FW
Fun event. I wish I got to see Josh pancake some lightweights though.
They need to get rid of 4 minute matches, have everyone go 8 minutes regardless of size.
Otherwise it was a fantastic event and I can’t wait for the next one.
Great event, finished it today. I look forward to more of these, hopefully they churn them out. There are so many "dream team" options they could put together.
Craig Jones snapping peoples legs in half is always great to watch. Such a beast
The team results were pretty predictable.
Most, if not all, were pro grapplers.... Which ones weren't?