QUINTET - Sakuraba's New Grappling League

Whitemare zaromskis?
Boots n burns Nakamura?
Fucking Dong sik Yoon?

Count me in.

Will be fun to see some of the little guys try and survive Josh Barnett for 5 minutes, or Tokoro vs Ishii LMAO

The most interesting part of this concept - how will each team use the weight limit ?

However I am not happy with each team being required to have 5 members. It would have been better if each team were free to chose how many members they would want to enter up to a maximum of 5

That way we could have had more interesting match up possibilities like

3 Heavyweights vs 4 Mousasi sized fighters

2 super heavies + Aoki sized midget vs 5 welterweights

etc

This is some king of fighters level shit

I think this format in Ganryujima would be the pinnacle of MMA and that it is wasted in something as boring as sub-grappling

The idea of putting together legendary teams of martial artists to compete against each other in open weight competition is very intriguing to me but I just wish it wasn't sub grappling..Grappling is the worst combat sport to watch bar none

Awesome!

And all these teams should go against Rickson by himself.

This is some king of fighters level shit

I think this format in Ganryujima would be the pinnacle of MMA and that it is wasted in something as boring as sub-grappling

The idea of putting together legendary teams of martial artists to compete against each other in open weight competition is very intriguing to me but I just wish it wasn't sub grappling..Grappling is the worst combat sport to watch bar none
The only problem I have with Ganryujima is the fact that it can become a pushing contest.

Sounds interesting to me...

Zaromskis on Team Sambo...is he allowed to pass guard via backflip? ;)

Holy shit, there are some seriously good guys in this tournament.

Polaris team wins this. EASILY.

Interesting ruleset but I'm actually excited. Hopefully the Judo team will and Karo Parisyan and Yoshida (fingers crossed)

hope they have an online ppv

Whatever Saku does, Im in!
Why? Because hes a fking MMA GOD.

The most interesting part of this concept - how will each team use the weight limit ?

However I am not happy with each team being required to have 5 members. It would have been better if each team were free to chose how many members they would want to enter up to a maximum of 5

That way we could have had more interesting match up possibilities like

3 Heavyweights vs 4 Mousasi sized fighters

2 super heavies + Aoki sized midget vs 5 welterweights

etc

lol everyone cutting weight so they can get the biggest fifth teammate possible

They should allow slapping like Eddie Bravo's show.

Caol Uno is the final member of the Polaris team

I don't follow grappling so... why Uno? AFAIK he isn't that accomplished in pure grappling?
Pioneer and a notable name. He is a former ADCC runner-up as well, more recently he won a ZST tag tournament with Uematsu. He makes more sense from pure grappling accomplishments than most of the Haleo team and entirety of the sambo team

Pioneer and a notable name. He is a former ADCC runner-up as well, more recently he won a ZST tag tournament with Uematsu. He makes more sense from pure grappling accomplishments than most of the Haleo team and entirety of the sambo team
Oh sure. I was just wondering why they didn't get one of Danaher's boys.

I actually like the gimmicky teams. Would love to have like a wrestling team that would just wreck everyone with takedowns and risk getting subbed easily. I'm sure they could get some uni's team to participate. Maybe a pancrase team with old school guys like Funaki, Minrou Suzuki etc

Judo team has former olympians so I won't count them out. Their level of athleticism isn't something that the other teams have and Ishii is a fucking Beijing gold medalist who i don't see anyone subbing easily. It's quite different a different battle when there aren't any punches being thrown at them.

Last edited:
Back