Questions you should ask potential employer

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a business but am looking for a part time side job for tax purposes. I just finished a 2nd interview. It went alright but a few times the interviewer asked me if I had any questions.

We had already covered the job duties, pay, growth opportunities, and schedule. I told him more than once that it was pretty clear to me but would like to have a good question or 2 up my sleeve in the future. Suggestions?

I think it'd be good to know how long employees stick around.

If the longest remaining employee is like 3 years in and all the rest are like a year or so... they have a high turnover rate for a reason.

Also, maybe ask the interviewer what they like most about working there.

A few questions you could ask might be:

1) Is there potential for future full time employment?
2) Are there opportunities for future vertical career growth within the company?

There questions might not make sense if you are just going to have this part time job for a while during a period you grow your own business.

What are some of the company's long-term objectives

What benefits the company offers

What's the employee turnover rate

Does the workplace provide transgendered restrooms

I think it'd be good to know how long employees stick around.

If the longest remaining employee is like 3 years in and all the rest are like a year or so... they have a high turnover rate for a reason.

Also, maybe ask the interviewer what they like most about working there.
Good ones

A few questions you could ask might be:

1) Is there potential for future full time employment?
2) Are there opportunities for future vertical career growth within the company?

There questions might not make sense if you are just going to have this part time job for a while during a period you grow your own business.
We covered that but thank you.

"You want some of this?" is not a good question.

Is there room for growth in the company and or "any way to make some extra money"
<Baelish01>

What’s your annual turnover?

What is your salary?

Do you care about what an employee does in his off time as long as he does a good job at work?
For instance, what if I moonlight as a gigolo or spend my weekends doing hookers and blow?

I forgot this one.

Whose your daddy and what does he do?

If you ask about the restrooms being gender neutral or not they might actually be scared to NOT hire you.

Back