Questions on Cleto Reyes

Don't know if anyone still cares, but after the two week mark, the Reyes are fitting/feeling better and better every day. I think I'm almost at four weeks soon.

So there's that update.

Nice. Just curious, between your Cleto Reyes and the Sabas, which provided more feedback on the heavy bag?

Also Jaime81, between the Casanova and the Campeon, which one do you prefer the most?

Nice. Just curious, between your Cleto Reyes and the Sabas, which provided more feedback on the heavy bag?

Also Jaime81, between the Casanova and the Campeon, which one do you prefer the most?
At this moment, I'd still say that my Sabas TCs provided more feedback. But I think part of that has to do with the fact that the TCs are supposed to come with an already 'broken in' feel. I'm hoping that my Cletos will feel that way as I break them in more. Incidentally, I also think this is the reason why my TCs didn't last very long.

I also started using a pair of Fairtex BGL6s (12oz) and I get fantastic feedback on those. Better than any glove I can think of so far... But those are fight gloves.

That is pretty easy actually, i think the Campeon is superior in everything except materials which is about the same. They are like a more comfortable Death adders and they are padded well. They feel already proven in. I like my casanovas for mitts and bag work as they are padded for that purpose and the wrist support is very good.

Cool, thank you Jaime and Hangulmalmotayo for the response.

Quick question about the Reyes.

I just bought a pair of hook and loop training gloves from Title and they came in yesterday. I hit the bag with them a bit (3 or 4 rounds) and the screen printed logo on the back of the right fist started peeling off. Picking at it a bit caused the rest of the logo to peel off. Is this normal or did I get a bad print job? I've owned quite a few (too many) pairs of gloves from Title, Ringside, and Everlast and never had this happen before.

I'm not too worried about the logo if it doesn't affect the overall structural quality of the gloves (everything else about them feels solid and quality), but I don't want to hold on to them if it's indicative of the rest of the quality of craftsmanship of this particular pair.

Pic related

Attachments

• cletos.jpg
    cletos.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 21
Quick question about the Reyes.

I just bought a pair of hook and loop training gloves from Title and they came in yesterday. I hit the bag with them a bit (3 or 4 rounds) and the screen printed logo on the back of the right fist started peeling off. Picking at it a bit caused the rest of the logo to peel off. Is this normal or did I get a bad print job? I've owned quite a few (too many) pairs of gloves from Title, Ringside, and Everlast and never had this happen before.

I'm not too worried about the logo if it doesn't affect the overall structural quality of the gloves (everything else about them feels solid and quality), but I don't want to hold on to them if it's indicative of the rest of the quality of craftsmanship of this particular pair.

Pic related
I think it's fine. I've heard the Reyes logo is bound to come off sooner or later.

The printed logo on my left gloves is already showing signs of wear.

I think it's fine. I've heard the Reyes logo is bound to come off sooner or later.

The printed logo on my left gloves is already showing signs of wear.
Of course, if the aesthetic aspect is important to you, you could probably get in touch with Title and figure something out.

But really, I think it's fine.

Thanks for the quick reply! They really are the best gloves I've owned otherwise!

Sadly, that happens with all Reyes. That and the thumb on the Velcro and lace up trainers are the only bad things about them. If the thumb doesn't bother you, I envy you. They are great gloves, my trainers just annoy me with the thumb. All of their other gloves have fixed it.

Sadly, that happens with all Reyes. That and the thumb on the Velcro and lace up trainers are the only bad things about them. If the thumb doesn't bother you, I envy you. They are great gloves, my trainers just annoy me with the thumb. All of their other gloves have fixed it.
What about the thumb bothers you exactly? The pressure from the thumb seam bothered me a lot for the first two weeks, but now it's not a problem at all. It was such a pain in the ass that I was constantly considering selling it. But I'm glad I stuck with it because they feel great now.

What about the thumb bothers you exactly? The pressure from the thumb seam bothered me a lot for the first two weeks, but now it's not a problem at all. It was such a pain in the ass that I was constantly considering selling it. But I'm glad I stuck with it because they feel great now.
I don't like how my thumb sits. Throwing and landing is fine. It's the time in between shots with a relaxed hand or flexed open where it bothers me.

I don't like how my thumb sits. Throwing and landing is fine. It's the time in between shots with a relaxed hand or flexed open where it bothers me.
Gotcha.

I suppose it is somewhat awkward. I guess I am lucky because it doesn't bother me too much, though I can imagine how it can be annoying.

Yeah I'll admit I think the thumb is too forward and on top of the fist and I worry that it's going to injure it/jam it on the bag. But it seems like it still allows for good punching form.

My biggest problem is that I bought a pair of 12 ounce gloves for heavy bag work and a pair of Winning knuckle guards to offset the lesser padding compared to my other gloves. The gloves are too darn small and I can't fit my fists in them with the knuckle guards, so I feel like I've wasted twenty bucks. Though I'll be honest the padding on the Cletos is fantastic and I really don't need the knuckle pads.

Yeah I'll admit I think the thumb is too forward and on top of the fist and I worry that it's going to injure it/jam it on the bag. But it seems like it still allows for good punching form.

My biggest problem is that I bought a pair of 12 ounce gloves for heavy bag work and a pair of Winning knuckle guards to offset the lesser padding compared to my other gloves. The gloves are too darn small and I can't fit my fists in them with the knuckle guards, so I feel like I've wasted twenty bucks. Though I'll be honest the padding on the Cletos is fantastic and I really don't need the knuckle pads.
I prefer not using the NG2s, in general (I can't seem to find a way to put them on and use them unobtrusively). In any case, the Cleto padding should be sufficient, even on the 12 oz. gloves.

I have a question like to ask it here. The Cleto Reyes Hybrid Gloves come in sizes M and L I understand M is 14-16oz and L is 16-18oz I want the gloves for sparing I am around 90kg so would the M be ok or not really? Or should I just go for standard 16oz gloves?

I have a question like to ask it here. The Cleto Reyes Hybrid Gloves come in sizes M and L I understand M is 14-16oz and L is 16-18oz I want the gloves for sparing I am around 90kg so would the M be ok or not really? Or should I just go for standard 16oz gloves?
Cleto Reyes are fairly stiff / hard in terms of padding, so I would go with the large. I’m not really a big fan of hybrid gloves in general... it seems like the Velcro always gets stuck to the laces and ends up fraying them up over time. I prefer to use standard lace up gloves with Lace N Loop...but that’s just my personal opinion, and a lot of people seem to really like the hybrid design. I have also been wanting to try out the Cleto Reyes gloves with extra padding...I believe they only come in Velcro though, and you can only get them in red or black.

Did you measure your hands?
If you have x-large hands, it ll be impossible to put your hands in M size.

Oh I have massive hands ;-) actually prob fairly large might try and go standard 16oz or the large thanks guys

Cleto Reyes are fairly stiff / hard in terms of padding, so I would go with the large. I’m not really a big fan of hybrid gloves in general... it seems like the Velcro always gets stuck to the laces and ends up fraying them up over time. I prefer to use standard lace up gloves with Lace N Loop...but that’s just my personal opinion, and a lot of people seem to really like the hybrid design. I have also been wanting to try out the Cleto Reyes gloves with extra padding...I believe they only come in Velcro though, and you can only get them in red or black.

I've been so impressed with the Lace N' Loops; that I've actually been converting all of my velcro gloves to laceup by cutting off the velcro straps and using a hole puncher for the laces to go through.

You can definitely do the same for the Reyes extra padding; but Reyes' leather seem to be among the strongest out there so you'll probably need a heavy duty hole puncher.

Last edited:
Back