Questionable Anderson Silva's dodging technique

Maybe flying knee is a bit similar to the kick?

You don't duck kicks by leaning forward to the kick with your head. We are discussing and you are just trying to sound smart by attacking without thinking.

You are spouting nonsense, and i was just pointing it out. Yes flying knees work in some situations, i was just pointing out that in that situation that u described it would be physically impossible.

You are spouting nonsense, and i was just pointing it out. Yes flying knees work in some situation, i was just pointing out that in that situation that u described it would be physically impossible.
Silva did not knew that Rich is going to throw, he only so telegraft kick or right hand so he dangerously ducked. That's it. Nevertheless, he dodged every punch.
What I just want to say - it's dangerous to duck under the kick. That's probably one of worst ideas.

I really don't see technique in any of Silva's "matrix mode crap" He basicly rolled the dice and got lucky until he didn't anymore and got KO'd.
hm, maybe i should go and try to become a ufc champ then, i consider myself pretty lucky.

Silva did not knew that Rich is going to throw, he only so telegraft kick or right hand so he dangerously ducked. That's it. Nevertheless, he dodged every punch.
What I just want to say - it's dangerous to duck under the kick. That's probably one of worst ideas.

How exactly do you know that? Maybe he anticipated and read him well, and knew what he was going to do. I agree its dangerous to duck, but its not that dangerous if you read your opponent well like Silva did and have insane reflexes like Silva had.

Most of Silva's matrix moves came from baiting his opponents, and then clowning them after. Silva used to pray on the frustration of his opponents after he baited them.

Now he still tries to do so, but his age has caught up with him..and well he gets caught every now and then.

How exactly do you know that? Maybe he anticipated and read him well, and knew what he was going to do. I agree its dangerous to duck, but its not that dangerous if you read your opponent well like Silva did and have insane reflexes like Silva had.

Most of Silva's matrix moves came from baiting his opponents, and then clowning them after. Silva used to pray on the frustration of his opponents after he baited them.

Now he still tries to do so, but his age has caught up with him..and well he gets caught every now and then.
I agree, if you are able to read opponents well, it's not that dangerous.

Lol Anderson made A LOT of mistakes when he was clowning, just that his opponents weren't good enough to take advantage of it. If Franklin actually kicked properly there Anderson would have been in serious trouble.

Fucking A.
I was like, why the fuck did he not follow through with the kick. He just stopped half way. Dude would have clipped him straight to the dome while he was slouched over, which would have thrown Silva's equilibrium to another dimension, he wouldn't know which way would be up or down.

But we're talking about math teacher turned MMArtist. What do you expect.

Rewatched some older Silva's fights and noticed that sometimes his dodging and moving from the punches looked a bit strange. A bit amateurish? No, that's not the word I am looking fall. His defense had holes?

For example Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin. Silva ducked under the kick? I think that's quite dangerous - you can get kneed or basically head kicked. I have never seen that someone would duck a head kick by leaning forward.

65zz40.gif

I think if Franking would have proceeded to attack seriously (because here he is doing who knows what) he could have connected. Basically by moving forward and giving volume ignoring Silva's dance.

Weidman did something similar - multiple times ignored Silva's dodging dance by proceeding to hit the guy and at the end - won by KO.

So was this Silva's bad move, maybe people started believing the hype a bit too much, or maybe he just new that Franklin is shit at kicking or kneeing people?

Insane. You take the single most impressive part of that dodging sequence - slipping under a liver kick - and label it as amateurish.

Look at it closely. You can see him dip his right shoulder at the last instant so the kick slides harmlessly off him. It is a thing of beauty. It's so hard to do that I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone else attempt it. Rich looked completely outclassed in both fights and had quite an impressive record before he ran into the Anderson Silva freight train.

He got lucky for 16 straight fights in the UFC, 11 of which were title fights, and 3 were in a division above his.

Anderson "Got Lucky" Silva

In fact he's so lucky that he has a better title defense record than any other UFC champion ever and they were all skilled 'n shit!

Anderson also had a stellar KO rate and built up to a pretty solid PPV draw over time.

Blah, blah nearly 7 years as champ blah blah - the OP is trolling like a mother fucker.

Insane. You take the single most impressive part of that dodging sequence - slipping under a liver kick - and label it as amateurish.

Look at it closely. You can see him dip his right shoulder at the last instant so the kick slides harmlessly off him. It is a thing of beauty. It's so hard to do that I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone else attempt it. Rich looked completely outclassed in both fights and had quite an impressive record before he ran into the Anderson Silva freight train.
Maybe so, I have never though at it at that angle, I have never seen dip like that.

Maybe at Sukuraba's fight, when he first time fought Wanderlei, he did something a bit similar, but was on the ground and all fours. At the end he wasn't that lucky and got kneed. I still believe that Rich is a great fighter and Silva took major risk by doing it, just ignored flying knee possibility.

In fact he's so lucky that he has a better title defense record than any other UFC champion ever and they were all skilled 'n shit!

Anderson also had a stellar KO rate and built up to a pretty solid PPV draw over time.

Blah, blah nearly 7 years as champ blah blah - the OP is trolling like a mother fucker.

The question is if he would be able to rack up so many title defenses if USADA came along earlier. He did fail the first time he was randomly tested lol.

Rewatched some older Silva's fights and noticed that sometimes his dodging and moving from the punches looked a bit strange. A bit amateurish? No, that's not the word I am looking fall. His defense had holes?

For example Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin. Silva ducked under the kick? I think that's quite dangerous - you can get kneed or basically head kicked. I have never seen that someone would duck a head kick by leaning forward.

65zz40.gif

I think if Franking would have proceeded to attack seriously (because here he is doing who knows what) he could have connected. Basically by moving forward and giving volume ignoring Silva's dance.

Weidman did something similar - multiple times ignored Silva's dodging dance by proceeding to hit the guy and at the end - won by KO.

So was this Silva's bad move, maybe people started believing the hype a bit too much, or maybe he just new that Franklin is shit at kicking or kneeing people?

One does not simply "move forward and give volume" against prime Anderson Silva.

The question is if he would be able to rack up so many title defenses if USADA came along earlier. He did fail the first time he was randomly tested lol.
Maybe his leg hurt.

65zz40.gif

They were afraid of Anderson man. I don't generally say that MMA fighters are afraid but almost everyone who fought Anderson Silva in the UFC was terrified to engage him. Yes, Ace should have plowed ahead with volume while Silva was off balance. Even at 205 the guys acted terrified of him. Forrest Griffin and James Irvin both looked like deer caught in headlights.

They were afraid of Anderson man. I don't generally say that MMA fighters are afraid but almost everyone who fought Anderson Silva in the UFC was terrified to engage him. Yes, Ace should have plowed ahead with volume while Silva was off balance. Even at 205 the guys acted terrified of him. Forrest Griffin and James Irvin both looked like deer caught in headlights.

It was the Franklin fight that did it. At the time rich was a highly respected fighter. And when everyone saw what Anderson did to him it brought a doubt to their minds.

I don't remeber Irvin looking scared. It seemed more like he did a stupid kick and payed for it. He was t known for his kicking. I think he would have done better if he had stayed to a more boxing approach.

Irvin is a massively underrated fighter that was plagued by personal problems and injuries.

When he was on he was a beast. Several fighters have said they have never felt anyone hit as hard as he does.

If he had stayed to his game plan and touched Anderson on the chin like weidman had he would have gone to sleep.

Fucking A.
I was like, why the fuck did he not follow through with the kick. He just stopped half way. Dude would have clipped him straight to the dome while he was slouched over, which would have thrown Silva's equilibrium to another dimension, he wouldn't know which way would be up or down.

But we're talking about math teacher turned MMArtist. What do you expect.

For someone who was a teacher, he was never able to learn proper kick technique. Multiple things technically wrong in this one sequence...

cung-le-ko-rich-franklin.gif

It was the Franklin fight that did it. At the time rich was a highly respected fighter. And when everyone saw what Anderson did to him it brought a doubt to their minds.

I don't remeber Irvin looking scared. It seemed more like he did a stupid kick and payed for it. He was t known for his kicking. I think he would have done better if he had stayed to a more boxing approach.

Irvin is a massively underrated fighter that was plagued by personal problems and injuries.

When he was on he was a beast. Several fighters have said they have never felt anyone hit as hard as he does.

If he had stayed to his game plan and touched Anderson on the chin like weidman had he would have gone to sleep.

No doubt, I used to watch Irvin fight and he had flashes of brilliance but then things just never really come together for him for one reason or another. I'll tell you a guy that is similar in body type, fighting style, and also bad luck but has flashes of brilliance. Edson Barboza.

Back