Questionable Anderson Silva's dodging technique

LastingEffect

What greater gift than the love of a cat
@purple
Reaction score
Rewatched some older Silva's fights and noticed that sometimes his dodging and moving from the punches looked a bit strange. A bit amateurish? No, that's not the word I am looking fall. His defense had holes?

For example Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin. Silva ducked under the kick? I think that's quite dangerous - you can get kneed or basically head kicked. I have never seen that someone would duck a head kick by leaning forward.

65zz40.gif

I think if Franking would have proceeded to attack seriously (because here he is doing who knows what) he could have connected. Basically by moving forward and giving volume ignoring Silva's dance.

Weidman did something similar - multiple times ignored Silva's dodging dance by proceeding to hit the guy and at the end - won by KO.

So was this Silva's bad move, maybe people started believing the hype a bit too much, or maybe he just new that Franklin is shit at kicking or kneeing people?

Rich should have just stopped and walked out of the octagon after that sequence.

How many years were there between the rich and the weidman fight?

How many years were there between the rich and the weidman fight?
Basically you are saying Silva got old? Maybe so, but at Weidman fight he showboated much more.

It's not a hole, it's a wrong prediction. Although it might look like fighters see the punches/kicks coming before dodging, most of the time you're not reacting to what you are seeing coming but to what you think might come based on patterns and small hints/telegraphings. Also there's erratic random movement to confuse the adversary. It happens too fast and there's chance involved because of the assumptions of where the guy you're trying to hit will be in the next fraction of second and vice versa to the guy defending.

Btw: Notice that Silva turns his head away from the kick.. probably a late reaction

His technique never was textbook and sometimes not that good in every area(Just in some), but his reflexes and aura made up for that.

Basically you are saying Silva got old? Maybe so, at Weidman fight he showboated much more.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying man, I think age and showboating caught up with him that night

To be honest it's the fight game Silvas matrix mode made champs and great fighters look foolish. Thing is it's a fight keep your hands down long enough someone eventually will catch you

To be honest it's the fight game Silvas matrix mode made champs and great fighters look foolish. Thing is it's a fight keep your hands down long enough someone eventually will catch you

Exactly.

it's how you can become an ULTRA star, and at the same time sooner or later it's going to fail you.

his dodging definitely looked questionable against weidman.

Who cares if it looked amateurish or not. It obviously wasn't and it worked for him and he obliterated his opponents. By the weidman fight he was past his prime..something that happens to everyone.

Lol Anderson made A LOT of mistakes when he was clowning, just that his opponents weren't good enough to take advantage of it. If Franklin actually kicked properly there Anderson would have been in serious trouble.

I really don't see technique in any of Silva's "matrix mode crap" He basicly rolled the dice and got lucky until he didn't anymore and got KO'd.

part of dodging is being hard to predict, seeming erratic means he is harder to hit

Rewatched some older Silva's fights and noticed that sometimes his dodging and moving from the punches looked a bit strange. A bit amateurish? No, that's not the word I am looking fall. His defense had holes?

For example Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin. Silva ducked under the kick? I think that's quite dangerous - you can get kneed or basically head kicked. I have never seen that someone would duck a head kick by leaning forward.

65zz40.gif

I think if Franking would have proceeded to attack seriously (because here he is doing who knows what) he could have connected. Basically by moving forward and giving volume ignoring Silva's dance.

Weidman did something similar - multiple times ignored Silva's dodging dance by proceeding to hit the guy and at the end - won by KO.

So was this Silva's bad move, maybe people started believing the hype a bit too much, or maybe he just new that Franklin is shit at kicking or kneeing people?

Context.

Franklin had absolutely nothing for Anderson. He could break dance in the middle os the octagon that Franklin would be able to do absolutely nothing.

I really don't see technique in any of Silva's "matrix mode crap" He basicly rolled the dice and got lucky until he didn't anymore and got KO'd.

You can't be that stupid.

And nobody is that lucky.

Back