Question..

I try to be on my feet and moving around for 8 hours a day but it's actually pretty hard to find the time to just walk around

Did you read the article or just the bullet points on top?

It's been shown that people who sit more than eight hours a day burn approximately 25% less daily calories than more active/standing counterparts.

Are you sitting now?

So pissing sitting down causes posture issues... guess our forefathers predicted this and were ahead of their time

I've had a desk job for over 20 years.

I get up and walk as often as possible. If I'm too busy I stand, especially if I'm just reading something. Keep the quads stretched.

Yes, office workers sit too much. I like the desks that you have to stand up to use. That's what computer jockeys in the lab I work in use.

^ Better on the traps too, not just the back, hip flexors and calves.

Request a adjustable desk that you can have the option to sit or stand. Also keep a yoga mat around and wear stretchy dress pants. You can do 5 minute workouts every 1-2 hours. On top of that get in some type of activity during your lunch break. You can set mini routines in 3-10 minute increments throughout your work week. You can even play touch butt with your colleagues.

Back