Question for the sherdoggers over 40

He says most men will get that cancer anyways and hopefully he is old enough when he does get it because if he would do an exam earlier on in life, the negative side effects from the treatment will outweigh the knowledge of you having a cancer that most likely will not trouble you until you are already old.

Like a lot of things that is somewhat true but not at all applicable to everyone.

The biggest problem is that prostate procedures are about 80% of the business for urologists, and they mostly do radical prostatectomies (removal) which can easily have some of the side effects that your friend described. OTOH - there are other options: RF/microwave, cryo, brachytherapy seeds, external beam therapy (including gamma knife), and others.

If you have PIN that is highly likely to be metastatic, then you should take care of that --- without question. It can strike at a young age, and can easily be terminal spreading to bone. Yes, you don't die of prostate cancer but you can easily die if it spreads.

Like a lot of things that is somewhat true but not at all applicable to everyone.

The biggest problem is that prostate procedures are about 80% of the business for urologists, and they mostly do radical prostatectomies (removal) which can easily have some of the side effects that your friend described. OTOH - there are other options: RF/microwave, cryo, brachytherapy seeds, external beam therapy (including gamma knife), and others.

If you have PIN that is highly likely to be metastatic, then you should take care of that --- without question. It can strike at a young age, and can easily be terminal spreading to bone. Yes, you don't die of prostate cancer but you can easily die if it spreads.
Absolutely, what he said was taken to the extreme but it illuminated his overarching view on prostate cancer.

That most men will eventually get prostate cancer if you live long enough and that there are some heinous side effects from the treatment.

Absolutely, what he said was taken to the extreme but it illuminated his overarching view on prostate cancer.

That most men will eventually get prostate cancer if you live long enough and that there are some heinous side effects from the treatment.

The problem is that your friends advice is useful to 70 yr old guys with a slow growing T1 tumor and useless to a 42 yr old guy with a T3 tumor.

untitled-1-600x473.png

<{ohyeah}>

A friend of mine that works as a researcher for a global medical company that is heavily focused on prostate cancer says that he won’t do an exam.

The current treatment of prostate cancer is troubled with so many horrible side effects like not being able to hold the brown stuff in, leakage, erectile dysfunction etc.

He says most men will get that cancer anyways and hopefully he is old enough when he does get it because if he would do an exam earlier on in life, the negative side effects from the treatment will outweigh the knowledge of you having a cancer that most likely will not trouble you until you are already old.
Your friend is a fucking idiot.

I had a doctor give me one when I was like 26 but have not had one done since, I'm in my mid 50's. I tell the doctor not to do it. If I felt like I was having problems I would have it checked, preferably by a female. I figure a female doctor probably has smaller fingers.

Prostate cancer is very slow moving and sometimes the treatment for prostate cancer kills people quicker than the cancer would have. Proceed with caution with any prostate diagnosis or warning signs. Don't let any doctor do a biopsy before exhausting all less invasive tests.
I hate to tell you this bud....you been raped.

I'm 29 and when I went to the doctor for my physical I asked him if he would have to check my prostate and he said you only need to worry about that when your approaching your 50s.

Is this true or should he have stuck a finger in my anoose?

Surely there should be less invasive (and just as successful) ways of doing it by now.

over 40, never had one, don't plan on getting one.
#yolo
#virginbunghole

I get my prostate milked at an Asian massage parlor. She puts on a glove and goes in gently.

You guys should do it too, flushes out cancerous cells.

My doctor has Parkinson's and his hands vibrate and bounce around a lot. I get the exam 5 or 6 times a year ...

Surely there should be less invasive (and just as successful) ways of doing it by now.
I'm not sure your definition of "invasive" matches that of the medical field. It takes 5 seconds. It's not a big deal at all.

I'm 32 and every year I get more and more scared about having to do this eventually. What's up with so many men getting prostate cancer anyways? Is that how most men died before they figured out how to get rid of it?

It's just so weird that all men need to get there bum holes checked after the age of 40. Are there countries where it's non existent?

Won't be fun but I'm not exactly dreading it either, prefer that to cancer

Life begins at 40, according to old people.

But age is just a number you know.

Female doc, had it done twice. First doc was cute and gentle. When it came to second year, I was disappointed to have a new not-as-hot female doc.

She explained the procedure and asked if I wanted to proceed, I asked if she had big fingers and she laughed, broke the ice. Then I went ahead and enjoyed it...

Since my colleagues also went to the same place for health check, we swapped stories around the coffee machine of the female docs giving the exams...good times...

Went for the third year, had male docs and that DRE was no longer offered...I wasn’t going to ask...

Prostate cancer is a myth perpetuated by gay doctors who are striking back at the homophobic male society that makes light of the sexual preference. Im not falling for it

Back