Question for the "GSP has earned the right to pick his fights" Argument.

Nick beat that steroid riddled Anderson, Easy fight my ass.
Dafuq? Silva murked his ass and made it look easy.... Diaz had 0 offense. Good god, Diaz fans are delusional. Nick taunting does not mean he wasn't getting pieced up...

GSP is retired and his legacy is cemented. The UFC and fans want him back more than he wants to come back, so he sets the terms. If he only wants big money fights against names then that's all he should take.

Its simple, GSP was/is a huge draw, he is also the best mma fighter of all time and he did it the right way. Conor gets to do whatever he wants simply because he is a huge attraction. He will never be as great as gsp. Let the man cherry pick all he wants. I doubt any fans want to see his demise like andersons. If he sees a big fight that interests him let him fight, who cares and if its a champion so then he gives up the belt again. Either way i would love to see him make 55 and fight khabib.

Easy fights? His last fight was a weight class up which his body almost didn't manage to do on a competitive level and he choked out the reigning champion. So far I don't see any easy fights on his record.

He either gets to cherry pick or he doesn't want to play.

There isn't a difference. A fighter should be able to decide. They can feel anyway they want about their opponent but they shouldn't be able to decide who they fight.

I am on about your statement about “Imagine if Anderson didn’t want to fight Chris”. He didn’t

You make it sound as if WWs are somehow inherently more skilled than LWs, but the only quantitative difference is weight. Khabib is a large lw who struggles to make weight. If GSP comes down to 155, it's not unreasonable to think that at best, they're similar size, and possibly khabib would be larger. So GSP is wanting to come to a weight class he's never fought in before, to fight a man many people consider the GOAT at that weight, who is undefeated and very much in his prime. That's the opposite of cherry picking.

Its cherry picking. Everyone in the MMA world knows GSP wins that fight. The betting lines would have GSP winning that fight. If you polled it on Sherdog, 90% of sherdoggers would have GSP winning that fight. There aren't many people saying Khabib beats GSP..

If GSP defended his MW belt, he'd get a shot at whatever he wanted.

The fear is that he wins the belt and then just retires again, leaving the division fucked in a quagmire for several years.

Yeah but Khabib is bigger than GSP, so it doesnt matter if he was WW Goat and Khabih is a LW. GSP is not a big guy. I dont think GSP beating Khabib is some foregone conclusion like youre implying either. Its a huge challenge.

Lol, no Khabib isn't bigger than GSP.

Yes GSP dominates any one dimensional fighter. Its the Koscheck fight all over again. The only guys who would give GSP a fight are the WWs and above who could both grapple and strike. You have to be well rounded to stand a chance against GSP.

in 07 nobody new about Anderson's Roiding and plenty of fans were shitting on him for trying to fight GSP. Even then, he wasn't allowed to pick and choose his fights. He wanted to fight Bisping over Weidman and the fans were pissed.

LOL Silva had the belt. GSP isn't holding any belt atm so he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

AS is the biggest cherry picked in all mma history.

Back