Question for agnostic, atheists theists,. Which Abrahamic religion you think most likey be true?

But we're made entirely of non-living matte...oh for fuck's sake nevermind

Islam
Judaism
Christianity

Which one you think if you had to choose is most likely be true or correct? Must chose one.

Only want non believers in these religions and Gods. It interesting because from secular western view point the God of all 3 those religions is insane, childish and cruel. I want know what you think you would choose if you had. Obviously religious people not welcome as they have a bias already.

Personally I like that jews not force convert people and not have hell. But I think Islam let men have 4 wives and harem in heaven is cool. Also Muhammad was a war lord which is alpha. If I had choose I be a hypocritical Catholic like they all is or I would be a Shia or sufí Muslim. Is not khabib sufí?
If I had to pick it would be Christian. It is the easiest one, and you can likely do whatever you want as long as you "believe in Jesus". Ask him for forgiveness and nothing else you do matters.

If I had to pick it would be Christian. It is the easiest one, and you can likely do whatever you want as long as you "believe in Jesus". Ask him for forgiveness and nothing else you do matters.

You can't just sin your face off guilt free. Your conscience will be altered if you truly believe.

I guess off the top of my head based on memory, a body composed of cells, ability to grow, to reproduce, to use energy, to metabolize food.

Even if we just take single celled organisms like bacteria, archaea, protozoa etc. I will agree that the chances of random chemicals joining in the right sequence and forming one of these organisms is virtually impossible. Thankfully that's not what Biologist and Chemists are saying, instead they are proposing a multitude of steps from simple chemicals to monomers to polymers to RNA and with a few more steps all the way up to the functioning single cell.

58591-2350-vsbgk-a.jpg

The flow chart gives a very basic description of the process. Would you consider this process impossible? If so, why?

As a Christian absurdist here is my take.
1. Judaism - no real historical evidence and implausible that a Supreme Being would single out one small group as the chosen people
2. Islam - surprisingly little or no contemporary evidence of either the Koran or Mohammed. Earliest Koran we have is incomplete and probably transcribed late in the 8th century. Earliest bio of Mohammed is written nearly 200 years after his supposed death. Notion that revelation is "closed" really contradicts the basic notion of a Supreme Being (if he can't make no revelations, he is not all powerful). All sorts of things that set off the bullshit meter.
3. Christianity - My theory. We are all created by the Supreme Being and in that sense are sons and daughters of God. Some of us - through wisdom, good works, insight, etc. - become closer and closer to God during our lives (Ghandi, MLK, Mother Theresa, etc.). Pretty good evidence that Jesus existed and very plausible that the gospels set forth the gist of his teachings in a reasonably accurate manner. Jesus Christ got the closest of all to God and was the "son of God" in a sense which we mortals cannot fully understand. The early Christians focused on his teachings and did not ruminate about whether or to what extent he was divine, exactly how the "trinity" was organized, etc. etc. - all of that came centuries later. They also did not believe that the New Testament - which did not even exist until the Church defined which books were included - was the word of God. The letters of St. Paul were understood to be letters written by a holy man and that was that. All the bullshit came later. If we emulate the early Christians, we are getting pretty close to the sweet spot of religious practice. Follow the Sermon on the Mount, follow the parables, don't claim to have a monopoly on the truth, love your enemies, turn the other cheek, give away your money to the poor, most of all - be humble about all of this stuff. I haven't found any organized religion which really hits this nail on the head.
If "we"emulate early Christians and you adhered to the old testament how do you feel about owning people and taking their daughters as your second or third wife?
Is it ok in your belief system to kill them if they don't do as you say. Is it ok to kill all atheists and non Christians? Is it ok to rape your wife and if she resists to kill her?

like I said in another thread, which was strangely dumped, it's not what I want to believe in, it's what brings the most benefit to society

a christian religion that goes by new testament and focuses on helping one another is most beneficial

You're letting your anti-theism cloud your judgment here. The question as stated claims you must choose one, and as such, the answer is Judaism.
He's actually just being logical and honest. All of the religions make testable claims and they all have 0% accuracy.

I said Christianity is most likely to be true.

but why? explain
In terms of historical accuracy:

1. Islam (its depiction of Muhammad if fairly mortal and the events have been reconciled against recorded history)
2. Judaism (it's Christianity without the additional historical inconsistencies of the New Testament, which is pretty blatantly a collection of loosely governed accounts)
3. Christianity (it's the same lore as Judaism plus additional miracles, healing, rising from the dead, and prognostications of doom; also stories of Jesus don't appear until a century after his lifetime)

In terms of what I find to be morally/ethically agreeable and consistent with a all-powerful deity:

1a. Christianity (Judaism + arguable revocation of some of the OT's more objectionable mandates + lots of populist, pro-poor, anti-rich collectivist rhetoric, but also - (no) hell)
1b. Judaism (Christianity - salvation revocations, but also + no hell)
2. Islam

Christianity has hell what you talking about?. And christianity has thought crime, and other weird things. Relevations is very violent book.

i think about end game of each. christian end game mean they is hell only few people make it to heaven and all terrible stuff relevations say come true and non christians suffer, islam everyone become muslim and arab people rule. and judaism everyone rule by jews, but you free to do whatever as long you not break they 10 commandment and 7 rules for non jews.

Which part of that statement do you not think is obviously true? The part where it comes from non living matter? Or the conversion through a chemical process.

The evolution of life from non-life effected through a process that science currently deems "natural".

I am assuming that would have to be by definition a "chemical" process but maybe there is some other way to characterize such a process in science-speak.

The flow chart gives a very basic description of the process. Would you consider this process impossible? If so, why?

Our understanding of pre-biotic chemistry (spontaneous hydrolysis as one example) makes RNA replication virtually impossible.

But the greatest piece of evidence against the RNA world theory's credibility is its inability to be realized and observed, even under intelligent direction using precise laboratory controls.

My absurdist version of Christianity does not. The fact that Jesus was Jewish is irrelevant. What made him the Son of God is his generosity, wisdom, insight, tolerance, mercy, etc.

wait you believe you is a christian? dude you better just give up religion. you is making things up now

But we're made entirely of non-living matte...oh for fuck's sake nevermind

Write the universities and their bio-chemical research departments and tell them how easy it should be to achieve and demonstrate abiogenesis. "Chop-chop on the creation of that proto-cell, guys!"

Tell them how sick and tired you are of arguing on the internet with mouth-breathers who just won't accept reality. lol

Back