Question for African American/Black Posters here. (Not troll thread)

Social Distance Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This is NOT a troll, race baiting, flaming thread. I'm asking a genuine question here.

I was listening to a Joe Rogan Pod Cast, it may have been the Ben Shapiro one or the Jordan Peterson one, I'm not 100 percent sure to be honest.

The topic of the new genders, transgenders, biology of sex came up.

And one of the mentioned that the absurdity of comparing the gender movement, their pronouns (non binary, Ze, Zer etc) and how they often compare themselves to the Civil Rights movement by African AMericans.

Here is my question for those here whom are black/African American (actually to all who want to answer)

Do you believe that this comparison is legitimate?

Comparing the struggles of those whom are Non-Binary/Transgender etc to the plight of African Americans in this country in terms of being recognized, respected, etc?

Do you have a problem with this or are offended by it?

All opinions welcome.

i have a problem with it myself though im not black

Black folks cant really hep being black and have had to struggle hard to get the rights they deserve

Trans people are mentally ill and most the suffering they do is at their own hands and they are trying to make the rest of us play make believe with them. Unlike blacks no one is beating these fuckers up or lynching them we all just want them to leave us alone

SO like yea its totally the same

I think the first time I ever agreed with skeletor she was on real time saying "civil rights are for blacks"

I'm very disappointed that this isn't a troll thread.

I know several black guys who loathe the comparison. Most of it stems from their general hatred of non-straight people but even the few who are cool with all that won't hear of it.

Also, very much looking forward to this turning into a troll thread.

How do black non-bianary and transsexuals feel about it is the real question.

It seems to me an apt comparison when the actual civil rights of homosexuals et al are being discussed. I think we overly conflate the term "civil rights' with the movement seeking equal rights and greater acceptance for blacks in the US. When the ACLU files a lawsuit to protect free speech, that's civil rights activism too, but it has nothing to do with minority protection, at least directly. When the NRA lobbies for gun rights, that's civil rights activism.

A lot of activism surrounding the LGBTQ crowd does relate to civil rights, and a good deal of it does not. Being called by the pronoun of your choice is not a civil right. Having others acknowledge your preferred gender rather than your biological sex is not a civil right.

A lot of activism surrounding the LGBTQ crowd does relate to civil rights, and a good deal of it does not. Being called by the pronoun of your choice is not a civil right. Having others acknowledge your preferred gender rather than your biological sex is not a civil right.
Unfortunately I don't think that line of logic is going to last much longer.

It seems to me an apt comparison when the actual civil rights of homosexuals et al are being discussed. I think we overly conflate the term "civil rights' with the movement seeking equal rights and greater acceptance for blacks in the US. When the ACLU files a lawsuit to protect free speech, that's civil rights activism too, but it has nothing to do with minority protection, at least directly. When the NRA lobbies for gun rights, that's civil rights activism.

I'm a Black man and I was going to comment, but Inga pretty much nailed it.

BTW, I'm not homophobic and I'll respect your choices as long as you're not causing harm to others or yourself. If you're happy in who you are, be happy.

If you're not a jackhole, I'll still gladly call you friend.

I'm a follower of Jesus Christ and that's what I believe.

Such "rights" too obviously clash with actual civil rights like the freedom of speech.
You bring up an interesting point and it's something I've wondered about. Will there be hate speech trials in the future in which people refer to someone as their biological sex. Let's take the N word for example. That's a clearly defined word that has no other meaning besides being racist. If someone used that it's a pretty clear cut case of racism. At what point does calling someone "man", "dude" or "lady" become something bad in society. I'm all for calling people whatever they want to be called but I think this will forever be such a grey area there's no real way to regulate it.

I'm a Black man and I was going to comment, but Inga pretty much nailed it.

BTW, I'm not homophobic and I'll respect your choices as long as you're not causing harm to others or yourself. If you're happy in who you are, be happy.

If you're not a jackhole, I'll still gladly call you friend.

I'm a follower of Jesus Christ and that's what I believe.

I don't agree with a lot of what you say...(maybe about 50/50)
but you seem like a righteous dude...

you'd be fun to hang with.

As an outsider I think it's a bit ridiculous honestly.

Comparing the fight to piss in the bathroom you want to piss in to the fight for the simple right to vote among other things seems so ridiculous to me.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a troll, race baiting, flaming thread. I'm asking a genuine question here.

I was listening to a Joe Rogan Pod Cast, it may have been the Ben Shapiro one or the Jordan Peterson one, I'm not 100 percent sure to be honest.

The topic of the new genders, transgenders, biology of sex came up.

And one of the mentioned that the absurdity of comparing the gender movement, their pronouns (non binary, Ze, Zer etc) and how they often compare themselves to the Civil Rights movement by African AMericans.

Here is my question for those here whom are black/African American (actually to all who want to answer)

Do you believe that this comparison is legitimate?
I'm not offended by it, but I don't believe it is legitimate. Slavery and Jim Crow were formal government policies. The closest thing on the LGBT side is the issue over marriage equality but that's very minor in comparison.

Also, there are two terms for black people. Black, informally, and African-American. Other terms have been tried but haven't stuck. It's how the human brain works in regards to referring to things, asking people to memorize a long list of terms in order to make you happy is hopeless and inconsiderate.

Not black, but the question is action vs immutable characteristics. Simply being black vs going out of your way to slap on a dress and some makeup and declare yourself zir is not the same.

I'm not offended by it, but I don't believe it is legitimate. Slavery and Jim Crow were formal government policies. The closest thing on the LGBT side is the issue over marriage equality but that's very minor in comparison.
And I thought federally it's ok now so even that comparison is moot at this stage isn't it?

I am fully in agreement with Peterson when he rants about the use of this crazy 90 item list of pronouns like 'Otherkin' or 'Zer' and shit.

i have a problem with it myself though im not black

Black folks cant really hep being black and have had to struggle hard to get the rights they deserve

Trans people are mentally ill and most the suffering they do is at their own hands and they are trying to make the rest of us play make believe with them. Unlike blacks no one is beating these fuckers up or lynching them we all just want them to leave us alone

SO like yea its totally the same

I think the first time I ever agreed with skeletor she was on real time saying "civil rights are for blacks"

Wait. So people choose to be mentally ill?

And I thought federally it's ok now so even that comparison is moot at this stage isn't it?

I am fully in agreement with Peterson when he rants about the use of this crazy 90 item list of pronouns like 'Otherkin' or 'Zer' and shit.
Yes and yes.

Back