Question born out of pure ignorance about attacking a leg

Take it to the War Room, if you want to argue about how many missiles Hamas should be able to shoot into Israeli towns for every one Israeli missile strike back.

I might get crucified for this but:

"Why don't they 'jitz' the leg?"

1st reason off the top o my head? Because their leg locks aren't good. Knowing a submission and being good at it are different things. No doubt in my mind that Toquinho would leg lock. So would a lot of my friends. But these fighters might not trust their leg lock skills. And anyone who thinks you fall to your back for a leg lock has not received good instruction in leg locks. You fall to your side to prevent them from sitting up.

2nd reason? They're MMA fighters, not BJJ guys. Most would rather punch than submit. And when they rock someone they want to finish what they started.

Take it to the War Room, if you want to argue about how many missiles Hamas should be able to shoot into Israeli towns for every one Israeli missile strike back.

:rolleyes:

Someone ingests their regular dose of propaganda.

:rolleyes:

Someone ingests their regular dose of propaganda.

You have no idea how I feel about that particular issue, and you can't really figure it out from my one post. I just don't want to see BS political thread hijacking on F12.

Andrei Arlovski vs Tim Sylvia, first fight. Arlovski did exactly that, knocked him down with strikes, got hold of the ankle and dropped for the achilles lock.

Andrei Arlovski vs Tim Sylvia, first fight. Arlovski did exactly that, knocked him down with strikes, got hold of the ankle and dropped for the achilles lock.

I remember how awesome I felt that finish was. Here is a gif of the punch beforehand, which shows you how Sylvia left his legs exposed:

tumblr_m5rwgnhJIn1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Hey thank you for the replies, everyone. I love pulling this shit out on my buddies during fights.

Here's what I got from the replies:

It's situational. Could be because the guy on the ground is Damien Maia and he doesn't want to get his head juiced so he's better off waiting for the ref to stand them up. Or, he doesn't want to get his dome caved in with an up kick. Or, he's hunting for side control over getting into the other guy's guard (<<<-- not sure if that last one is right,would that be full guard?)"

And, What's f12?

edit: found the AA v TS 1 highlight, 1:56 in this video

My take away from that is that AA knew he was dazed and that he was more defenseless to a leg attack because maybe cracking the nut that is TS's head might be more difficult? (sorry, this was before my time and don't know much about TS then).

Yeah, Belcher turned out of the heel-hook and got into Palhares guard (Palhares lost position, ending up on his back) and ground and pounded him, although Palhares attacked the heel-hook off of a Twister attempt not from Belcher's guard.

Holy shit, thank you so much for this. I was blown away by that turn of events, I thought AB was going to get retired.

Holy shit, thank you so much for this. I was blown away by that turn of events, I thought AB was going to get retired.

No problem, when Joe Rogan retires Dana White knows where to find me. :icon_chee

Back