Question: Alvarez threw it away, or McGregor outclassed him?

He felt his power and threw his game plan out the window. He even said as much. He got outclassed.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit."

- Kenny Florian

Honestly this Alvarez threw it away bs is just something Mcgregor haters made up to discredit his performance. Mcgregor is simply the superior fighter and Alvarez isn't as good a wrestler people think he is. Mendes wrestling > Alvarez.

More excuses as to why Conor looked invincible against Edward from The Natural Born Retard.

Conor never looks good, his opponents just always happen to perform badly.

Natural Born Retard might literally have an aneurism after McGod easily defeats Khabib.
Conor AV detected, your opinion is irrelevant.

Honestly this Alvarez threw it away bs is just something Mcgregor haters made up to discredit his performance. Mcgregor is simply the superior fighter and Alvarez isn't as good a wrestler people think he is. Mendes wrestling > Alvarez.
I didn't make up anything, I like many others know and believe that he was pathetic in that fight.

At least make Conor earn it, make Conor have to put on a performance. Don't walk straight into his best and only shot 5-6 times.

At least make Conor earn it, make Conor have to put on a performance. Don't walk straight into his best and only shot 5-6 times.
Conor did put on a performance.... and Eddie didnt just "walk into" Conors best shots.... he got countered multiple times by the best counter puncher in MMA

is normal

Conor has a tendency to get into his opponents heads. Of course, his striking is very legit.

Eddie took a dive, deal with it Colin fans.

Eddie fought like shit, everyone who doesn't have Conor's scrotum on their eyes sees this.
Now that a few months have passed, I'm curious to know if your beliefs are the same?

I ask this question because people always throw the "fixed fight" claims around, purely out of anger.

Do you still genuinely think the fight was "thrown" by Eddie?

Conor took Eddie out of him gameplan. He was definitely the better fighter. But Eddie abandoning what should have been his advantage and sticking to trying to approach Conor at his strength was a poor reaction. Eddie might not have been able to even get Conor to the ground, but trying to box with him after Conor showed him he had a massive advantage pretty much sealed the outcome for certain.

Eddie did try and do what he did to Pettis and Mendes (hold them against the cage/work TDs). The thing is almost as soon as Eddie put Connor against the cage Connor got off (something pettis and gilbert couldn't do). So I think that was the most impressive thing to me in that fight. I wasn't sure if Connor would be able to get off the cage if Eddie put him there and he did rather easily. Then again when I saw Connor in the cage he was massive and I was more confident in his ability to get off the cage when I saw that.

yeh Ive been super busy with work, nice to see too you buddeh!

Hey-nice-to-see-you-too-GIF.gif
If two blokes gave each other them looks from across the room. I'd think they were star-crossed closet gay lovers.

Eddie was just helpless on the feet, night and day difference. He had no way of getting close enough to wrestle. Conor hurt him with a checked kick, hurt him in the first real exchange, dropped him multiple times. He was just outclassed in every aspect. He was always one step behind Conor who fought almost perfectly.

Eddie fight was fixed hence why the contract thing was weird. If Eddie wanted a high paid contract , he had to fix the fight

One of the main themes post Alvarez vs McGregor was the questions around Alvarez's performance.

I myself made a thread which was an "open letter" to Eddie, the general gist of the thread was just total disbelief at Eddie's performance and my general thoughts were that Eddie threw it away, more than Conor outclassed him.

Below is a video that has been posted many times already, which is Chael Sonnen's interview with Eddie a few days after the fight. Eddie said everything that I said, and was very much self-critical. This somewhat gave me hope in him, at least he doesn't have delusions around the fight - he knows he did everything wrong.

I know most of the McGregor fans/fanboys/huggers etc. will just pass this off as a perfect performance, and to be honest, it was perfect, but it was perfect because the other guy did everything wrong.

If the Patriots decide to run the ball 30 times with Blount, White and Lewis against the Seahawks' vaunted run defense in the SuperBowl, and Seattle stops it and wins the Bowl - then the was it the Seahawks' greatness that won it, or the poor decision making from the Patriots, or was it a bit of both!? Surely we'd sit back and say, why didn't the Patriots throw the damn ball, right?

Here's the interview...

Moderators feel free to make this into a poll if you see fit.

Lol, kill yourself.

Alvarez underestimated him and got outclassed. Mcgregor has legit power!!!

Im no Conor "fan", and ive always liked Eddie.

But Conor mollywops him 100/100.

So leading off the back of that, here's a question.

Let's say he beat Chiesa, Barboza and Ferguson and got another shot at Conor...

Would you see the fight going the exact same way?
There is no reason for me to think otherwise. Unless Eddie becomes some sort of amazing wrestling with a really good chin and defence i don't see what he can do to Conor as a threat.

Back