Question: Alvarez threw it away, or McGregor outclassed him?

Every fighter comes up with this excuse when they lose, they "knew" how to do it, but magically they couldn't.

Silly bitch

All through Daniel cormiers career he complained about his own performances and he was winning every fight. Do you think fighters just show up and bang? Sometimes they perform and other times they suck. Its like losing a life at the first baddy in super mario then going several levels on yr second life. Shit happens

Most of Conor's opponents think he's a can and then get schooled. Happens over and over, same storylines after his fights.

Tried to take him down 4 times, wasn't even close. He'd need to land something on the feet to chain it to a takedown, make Conor respect his striking. Since he can't do that he's forced to stand. People should watch Eddie's fights. He's not a great wrestler, needs to grind it out against the fence or set TD's up.

Eddie didn't throw his game plan out the window for nothing. McGregor was just better and never let Eddie fight his fight.

He did throw his gameplan out the window

He hurt his foot and stopped kicking

What fucked up logic is that , he didnt expect his kicks to be checked?

I feel Eddie underestimated Conor, he thought could stand with him and then take him down whenever he was in trouble.

He was wrong on both and TBH Conor didn't even get out of first gear, Conor would of had harder sparring sessions with artem.

you can pay me a cool million to knock me out too. either way he banked.

Bit of both, I don't think Alvarez had any easy path to winning but he could have give himself more of a chance if he'd stuck to working kicks to the body and legs.

That said I think its a common weakness of Alvarez, he doesn't totally break but when pressured he tends to give up on his gameplan and get wild.

i think he panicked
he basically made the same mistake as aldo

He was outclassed.

Of course, he could have fought a better fight. But 8/10 times he loses to McGregor.

McGregor was blessed that Eddie had the LW belt. Not to say that he couldn't have beaten RDA, but Alvarez is a perfect match up for him.

I wonder if you'd make this thread if eddie GnPed conor? You'd be like "oh conor just had a bad night" amirite?

He was outclassed.

Of course, he could have fought a better fight. But 8/10 times he loses to McGregor.

McGregor was blessed that Eddie had the LW belt. Not to say that he couldn't have beaten RDA, but Alvarez is a perfect match up for him.
RDA was easy for Conor as well. The hard ones are Tony who is faster than nate with kicks same chin same size and with wrestling. And Khabib who would chain his excellent TDs in clinch until conor goes down.

RDA was easy for Conor as well. The hard ones are Tony who is faster than nate with kick same chin same size with wrestling. And Khabib who would chain his excellent TDs in clinch until conor goes down.

RDA is still a harder match up than Eddie and would have given a better fight and possibly won.

He's a southpaw, more aggressive, devastating leg kicks (since he is a southpaw much easier to land), devastating body kicks. Good defense even pressuring forward (See Pettis fight).

He's also a better wrestler than Eddie IMO, and is a looong time BJJ black belt.

RDA is a monster. I think he smashes Eddie in a rematch. He passed out for 3 minutes before the Eddie fight due to a bad weight cut.

99 times out of a 100 that fight goes exactly the same way (other time conor subs him)

What you idiots fail to realise is conor isn't the final product yet. he still hasn't hit his prime and is still adding tools to his arsenal. you still think he's the fighter that fought mendes. the reality is he trains with one of the best grapplers in the world...who is a MW. what chance does an overrated wrestler like alvarez have when his main sparring partner is that size? none. his striking is already on another level. when conor said he's a sloppy striker with an overhand he was right. the same as RDA. you need to be something special to beat conor now and i don't think a 155er of 145er can do it. post-nate Conor is the GOAT.

Deal with it.

So, badically, eddies only game is wrestling? People slag of conor for only being a stand up fighter, but when its another fighter, they stick up for him saying he should have not stood with conor.

Can you see the hypocrisy here?

The problem is, no matter who conor fights, no matter how he beats him, the same excuses from the same people will pop up.

I like eddie, but he was completly outclassed. Not just a bit, but completly.

100% outclassed.

Eddie tried to implement his game plan, but Conor rattled his chin every time he attempted to wrestled, or tossed him aside like a child when they did engage.

Little bit of column a, bunch of column b. Not sure which is which

More excuses as to why Conor looked invincible against Edward from The Natural Born Retard.

Conor never looks good, his opponents just always happen to perform badly.

Natural Born Retard might literally have an aneurism after McGod easily defeats Khabib.

Eddie tried to take Conor down. Didn't work. It is that simple. Conor's TDD at the moment is still underrated. Props to Diaz for giving Conor a clinic. Conor has improved in every area.

He got dropped by the first punch and proceeded to forget how to fight.

Like him or not, Conor's power changes fights.

Conor won, Eddie lost, Conor is better than Eddie. Stop wasting energy.

100% outclassed

Eddie had nothing for him and never will, he knows that was his one and only shot unless he goes on some wild win streak against the likes of Khabib, Ferguson, Diaz, etc

Back