Question: Alvarez threw it away, or McGregor outclassed him?

Conor took Eddie out of him gameplan. He was definitely the better fighter. But Eddie abandoning what should have been his advantage and sticking to trying to approach Conor at his strength was a poor reaction. Eddie might not have been able to even get Conor to the ground, but trying to box with him after Conor showed him he had a massive advantage pretty much sealed the outcome for certain.

Haven't seen you in a while, good to see you back sir!

tumblr_myxsfovPXl1risusro1_250.gif

yeh Ive been super busy with work, nice to see too you buddeh!

Hey-nice-to-see-you-too-GIF.gif

After that massacre i dont see a scenario where Eddie wins....

It's hard to fight intelligently when this happens to you in the first minute, so saying he "threw it away" is a bit silly.

giphy.gif

McGregor outclassed him.

I mean... Saying Alvarez fought stupid seems at this point to be more of a coded knock against Mcgregor then one against Eddie.

Long story short even Eddie says it all went downhill for him after the 1st knockdown. Thats not him being stupid, Thats him getting his brain scrambled by his opponent.

Eddie tried to close the distance but the distance was to great.

Circle right and wrestle or circle left and box...the out come would have been the same just. Maybe Eddie should have panic wrestled.

Conor won the mind game. Eddie got flustered. Eddie got hypnotized. Eddie got psyched out. Call it what you will. Conor won the mind game. At that level, the stronger mind usually wins the fight. The other theory is that first shot badly hurt Eddie, and he just wasn't the same after that. It came early in the fight. Even Joe Rogan said - and I don't know how he knew this, because Eddie bounced right back up, but Joe said it with authority - something like "Conor hurt him bad" or "He got hurt bad". So when you're hurt bad, that can fuck everything up thereafter.

All the plans in the world can go away after you get punched in the face.

As much I dislike Conor persona, he outclassed Alvarez. Alvarez was taylor made for him.

Please-- i saw conor hit eddie with 50-60% of his punching power and he went down 3 f:#king times...Conor was too big for eddie to muscle around in clinch or takedowns...
Ill make a prediction right now:
Eddie Alvarez will never step in cage with Conor again...unless a miracle happens and the fans demand such multi million dollar mismatch.

TO EA: PLEASE STOP, YOURE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF FURTHER!

Just outclassed, and mentally destroyed at the pressers.

Aldo threw it away, Alvarez got outclassed.

Conor outclassed him.I mean look at the gifs conor controlled the range down to a tee.

Did eddie not do some of the thing he trained for?Sure probably,but as soon as conor denied his takedown attempt effortlessly then dropped him on his ass the gameplan went out the window.

The big thing i think is overblown is that eddie wanted to circle left to close the distance to his lead leg.But in pretty much every fight conor wants to back you up against the cage and have u going to his right so he cuts off the counter right so he can come over with his left.So they basically wanted to give conor his left?

Back