Question about Winning FG5000 and Title gel World bag gloves

sleid

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi to everybody !

I just got my headgear and my title gel world bag gloves. As i can still get both items back and exchange them for bigger ones, i want your oppinion on sizing as i cant tell myself for the gloves because i dont have so much experience with boxing equippment as i didnt order them online before without trying it myself in person.

before the title gloves i had the everlast ones that had not so much padding on them. I bought TITLE gel world bag gloves size L (was thinking between L and XL), but im not sure if that was the right size. I did use the size chart that was on amazon.com. The gloves feel definitely tight when putting them with my handwraps. But, as i had the Everlast ones that i was used on, cant say if the gloves are good size, or just tight as a model. What do you guys think based on the pictures, should they maybe be a bit longer on my palm?

The second question is regarding the Winning FG5000 headgear. The headgear itself seems really good, but i didnt try it yet as im considering changing the L size for a 2L. The problem is that the earholes seem to be a bit forward for my ears to get in them correctly, and they are bending my ears a bit. And for that price i want my headgear to fit good on my head. Do you guys think the 2L size might be better? I just dont want it to be too big, but i cant tell if i dont try first. You can see in the photo how many lace remaining i have on the back when i get it really tight on my head. Maybe you guys can say if there is a big difference in size between L and 2L, and if the 2L should help if i tight it together on the back, or it would be to big (my head is 58 cm)? And Is it normal that the headgear touches the nose when getting a harder shot, because my nose is a bit close to the bar.

Thank you guys for your help !

Attachments

• Title 1.jpg
    Title 1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Title 2.jpg
    Title 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Title 3.jpg
    Title 3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 32
  • FG5000_1.jpg
    FG5000_1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 37
  • FG5000_2.jpg
    FG5000_2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
In my opinion, you should not focus on the palm part, but more on your hability to make a good fist and the positioning of your knuckles when you hit the heavy bag.

Also, the gloves will stretch a bit and mold to your hands after a few or several rounds.

No idea for the headgear.

Try loosening the top so that your ears fit better. Bend the bar so it doesn't touch your nose. There's a post somewhere on Sherdog on how to properly fit it to your face...

It doesn't look too small to me, though.

Thank you guys for your advices ;)

Can maybe someone who had both L and 2L and tried them both tell me if there is a big difference in lenght and width of the headgear? And maybe tell, based on my picture of the laces back on the headgear, if the 2L would be good if i tie it to the maximum. I would like to try the 2L because im pretty sure that my ears would be better on that one,but dont know what to do. Can someone who had them and tried both sizes provide me some information about size difference. Thank you !

Thank you guys for your advices ;)

Can maybe someone who had both L and 2L and tried them both tell me if there is a big difference in lenght and width of the headgear? And maybe tell, based on my picture of the laces back on the headgear, if the 2L would be good if i tie it to the maximum. I would like to try the 2L because im pretty sure that my ears would be better on that one,but dont know what to do. Can someone who had them and tried both sizes provide me some information about size difference. Thank you !
It'll be difficult because the sizing is also contingent upon your head shape. Your ears might just be in a weird place for the headgear...

I would not worry so much about ear placement and more about the general fit of the headgear. Also, looking again, you might need to tighten the top laces and just accept that it might not cover your ears completely... It is sitting pretty low. Also, it looks kind of big on you.

It'll be difficult because the sizing is also contingent upon your head shape. Your ears might just be in a weird place for the headgear...

I would not worry so much about ear placement and more about the general fit of the headgear. Also, looking again, you might need to tighten the top laces and just accept that it might not cover your ears completely... It is sitting pretty low. Also, it looks kind of big on you.

Well im just thinking that maybe the 2L would be better for me and my ears. It would be bigger but maybe if its not a big difference in sizes i could tight the back laces at max and get it right on my face while having more space for my ears. Its better to have a bit space on the back of the ears so the headgear doesnt touch them. For that kind of money, i would like to get the right one. But dont know what decision to take, to try 2L or not, because unfortunately i cant try it in person and cant compare the sizes because i never before used winning headgear. Thats why im asking for advice and information from people who had/tried them both.

Wouldnt the headgear be lose while getting punched if i lighten the top? And how do you mean that its sitting pretty low ? Could u provide maybe some advices on how to get better fit ?

Well im just thinking that maybe the 2L would be better for me and my ears. It would be bigger but maybe if its not a big difference in sizes i could tight the back laces at max and get it right on my face while having more space for my ears. Its better to have a bit space on the back of the ears so the headgear doesnt touch them. For that kind of money, i would like to get the right one. But dont know what decision to take, to try 2L or not, because unfortunately i cant try it in person and cant compare the sizes because i never before used winning headgear. Thats why im asking for advice and information from people who had/tried them both.

Wouldnt the headgear be lose while getting punched if i lighten the top? And how do you mean that its sitting pretty low ? Could u provide maybe some advices on how to get better fit ?
Tighten the top, not lighten. If you tighten the top and then adjust the back laces accordingly, there's no reason why it should be loose. Also, have you tried bending the bar so that it sits flush on your cheeks (and your nose is not touching the bar)? Look at the thread I posted, they discuss this in some depth.

I don't think many people have had both the L and 2L—you may have to find them on the thread and message them directly.

Yeah, its better now. Thats why im thinking maybe the 2L would fit the same with theese corrections, maybe even better and have a bit more space on the back of my ears. But the thing is that they have the 2L one just in white color, and i wanted it in black but i have to wait couple of months for the black 2L, and thats too much for me. How is the white one, does it get dirty fast ?

Well i guess ill have to wait for someone with the 2L to provide some informations for me. Thank you man soo much for your help, i really apreciated it ;)

Hello guys. One more information. Does the winning FG5000 expand (the cheek protector and nosebar area) over time while taking punches or not by much? Because i got the 2L, fits much better now, but the laces on the back are tighten to the maximum and i wouldnt like the gear to expand and then me not be able to adjust it if it expands. And does the white color get much dirty over time, and what is the best way to clean it? Thank you !

Hello guys. One more information. Does the winning FG5000 expand (the cheek protector and nosebar area) over time while taking punches or not by much? Because i got the 2L, fits much better now, but the laces on the back are tighten to the maximum and i wouldnt like the gear to expand and then me not be able to adjust it if it expands. And does the white color get much dirty over time, and what is the best way to clean it? Thank you !
It doesn't expand... if it somehow does you can just bend it back.

White gets dirty over time. Use a wet towel.

How is the material ? Does It clean easy or the marks Just remain on It and dont go away on the white headgear ?

How is the material ? Does It clean easy or the marks Just remain on It and dont go away on the white headgear ?
It cleans easy but will get dirty over time because of the nature of white... I like the weathered look, though.

Back