Question about calories intake spread on a week.

ARIZE

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I try to understand something about calories intake, and the difference it makes the way you spread them on a week.

Those numbers are mostly to simplify the calculation.
Lets say 2000 is the perfect number for calories intake for a person who trains. He doesn't loose, he doesn't gain weight.

That would be 14000 calories a week.
Lets say he tries 3 different ways to distribute those cal in a week:

A: 2000 a day for 7 days.
B: 3000 a day for 4 days, 2000 a day for the fifth day, and 0 for the last 2 days. (Saturday, Sunday)
C: 3000 a day for 4 days, 2000 a day for 1 day, and 0 for 2 days, but this time no side by side (Thursday Saturday)

As we said, with method A, at the end of the week he hasn't lost or gain weight... Will B and C give different results?

i think so.

but your body is not like a calculating machine. some ppl digest fast, some slow, some move more, some move less.

in the end, it's thermodynamics which means energy in - energy out, but i wouldn't assume that 24 hours is the magic number after which your body resets everthing to zero again. biological processes work all the time with different individual tempo.

some food needs much longer to be digested than other stuff e.g. and people have a different ability to eat.

calculating calories is a good thing for diet goals but you have to indiviually adjust stuff sooner or later. your example is too mathematical to hit reality 100%, i would say.

i think so.

but your body is not like a calculating machine. some ppl digest fast, some slow, some move more, some move less.

in the end, it's thermodynamics which means energy in - energy out, but i wouldn't assume that 24 hours is the magic number after which your body resets everthing to zero again. biological processes work all the time with different individual tempo.

some food needs much longer to be digested than other stuff e.g. and people have a different ability to eat.

calculating calories is a good thing for diet goals but you have to indiviually adjust stuff sooner or later. your example is too mathematical to hit reality 100%, i would say.

Don't lie to the guy......... everyone knows if you eat your entire calories for the year in one day.........your be just fine.......

It saves me soooo much time during the rest of the year......

@corpse

Ok, thanks for the answer. I've been training and competing for a long time now, so i'm used to my diet, i know how to cut weight properly and slowly, and also with more extreme ways.
But all those things i know work for me, are from personal experiences and bro-science shared by other fighters. I don't have scientific knowledge, or a personal dietetic who can explain what and why...
So I had a discussion about IF, and i got curious about:

"that 24 hours is the magic number after which your body resets everything to zero again."

And what really happens in a week schedule with different plans...

@Bekim

Don't lie to the guy......... everyone knows if you eat your entire calories for the year in one day.........your be just fine.......

It saves me soooo much time during the rest of the year......

When I do that, my main problem is that i got to drink a lot of soda to help me digest, and it mess with my macros counting...

@corpse

Ok, thanks for the answer. I've been training and competing for a long time now, so i'm used to my diet, i know how to cut weight properly and slowly, and also with more extreme ways.
But all those things i know work for me, are from personal experiences and bro-science shared by other fighters. I don't have scientific knowledge, or a personal dietetic who can explain what and why...
So I had a discussion about IF, and i got curious about:

"that 24 hours is the magic number after which your body resets everything to zero again."

And what really happens in a week schedule with different plans...

@Bekim

When I do that, my main problem is that i got to drink a lot of soda to help me digest, and it mess with my macros counting...

Maybe you need to try diet soda, much better than plain old water..........or even regular soda....... apparently

Back