Question about American politics.

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In Australia, NZ & Britain, Parliament has Question Time. It's when the elected politicians get together and questions are asked by some members of one party to members from a different party. Sometimes it can get quite heated, but unfortunately there are also times when they act like children too.
Is there anything like this in American politics?
I'd love to see the Republicans & the Democrats doing this. The Democrats are always moaning about the President so it would be interesting to see them do this to his face.

Oh god, that sounds awful.

Tim Kaine or Elizabeth Warren: "Senators, can you please justify your position on [insert extremely important, but very dry and technical, issue on which Republicans have no coherent/non-corrupt position].
Republican Senator: "Deep state fake news liberals Pocahontas Killary emails God guns tyranny jobs Reagan bible Constitution MS-13!"

Last edited:

Tim Kaine or Elizabeth Warren: "Senators, can you please justify your position on [insert extremely important, but very dry and technical, issue on which Republicans have no coherent/non-corrupt position].
Republican Senator: "Deep state fake news liberals God guns tyranny jobs Reagan bible Constitution MS-13!"

Haha exactly right.

Republican Senator: "Deep state fake news liberals God guns tyranny jobs Reagan bible Constitution MS-13!"
Elizabeth warrens people are well known trackers though

Elizabeth warrens people are well known trackers though

Shoot, you're right, I should have included some petty and irrelevant insult to divert attention from the topic. I'll edit that in, thanks.

Shoot, you're right, I should have included some petty and irrelevant insult to divert attention from the topic. I'll edit that in, thanks.
It offends me as a proud Jamaican

In Australia, NZ & Britain, Parliament has Question Time. It's when the elected politicians get together and questions are asked by some members of one party to members from a different party. Sometimes it can get quite heated, but unfortunately there are also times when they act like children too.
I'd love to see the Republicans & the Democrats doing this. The Democrats are always moaning about the President so it would be interesting to see them do this to his face.

From your description, it sounds like just another opportunity for politicians to grandstand.

Debate on legislation in question is perfectly allowed within the allotted time limits.

Not only should question time not be adopted in the United States, there's a good chance that the political decorum of New Zealand, Australia, and the UK would improve if they just got rid of such a practice.

Republican Senator: "Deep state fake news liberals Pocahontas Killary emails God guns tyranny jobs Reagan bible Constitution MS-13!"

-10/10

And the award for fastest shitpost goes tooooooo:

Comrade Trots!!!!!

Here's an empty bowl for a prize.

It actually sounds like a great idea.

I'd love to hear Pelosi explain why it's okay for the southern border to be made of crepe paper.

I'd love any democrat to be pushed to really defend sanctuary cities.

I'd also love to hear some top Republicans get pressed on corporate welfare, and how we spend our military budget.

I'd hope for it to be as cuthroat as possible.

From your description, it sounds like just another opportunity for politicians to grandstand.

Debate on legislation in question is perfectly allowed within the allotted time limits.

Not only should question time not be adopted in the United States, there's a good chance that the political decorum of New Zealand, Australia, and the UK would improve if they just got rid of such a practice.

You're trying to take the high ground on political decorum when your President is a reality tv star with the decorum of a badly behaved toddler, and the first lady is a prostitute. I'm not really sure you've got much of an argument there.

In the UK PMQs last for 90 minutes a week, it doesn't eat up into any of the time allocated to debates.

Both sides are full of idiots, I would love to see it.

In Australia, NZ & Britain, Parliament has Question Time. It's when the elected politicians get together and questions are asked by some members of one party to members from a different party. Is there anything like this in American politics? I'd love to see the Republicans & the Democrats doing this. The Democrats are always moaning about the President so it would be interesting to see them do this to his face.

No, no question and answer period in America between Republicans and Democrats. Members debate issues to be voted though. Individuals can take time on the floor and speak their mind. No, the President would never be present on those occasions. The President can address Congress when he wishes, but no one is allowed to ask him questions. Americans have the freedom to write to their Congressman and President. It does not mean you will get a reply. America is not a true Democracy, it is a Republic. The Electoral College elects the President, not the people.

Dude, this is Americuh. We have you covered. Here's a little gem from the old New Face of the Democratic Party:

BONUS: Here's another oldie but goodie from our friend Nigel in the EU—

Question Period fucking sucks.

It's sometimes funny, but mostly embarrassing. And nothing ever gets accomplished, it's just politicians trying to get soundbites.

Tim Kaine or Elizabeth Warren: "Senators, can you please justify your position on

Yep, sounds like something a stuck up virtue singling prude would say...reminds me of just about every book I have read about how Christians were pre 1950 when they believed they were on the moral high ground yet rarely were and were too blind to realize it.

Oh how history repeats itself.

He was the old "new face." Back when this clip came out, people were talking bout he should run for President.

Never seen that clip, and Anthony Weiner is a sick guy, but was he wrong in that clip?

Never seen that clip, and Anthony Weiner is a sick guy, but was he wrong in that clip?

What was he yelling about? Were they trying to take away his Twitter or something?
I guess I can see why he would upset about that.

Back